You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Economy auto repair

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

Im so noobish I only just noticed that in games when you take NO damage you still get auto repair costs? umm wut?  The economy needs erm .. "buffing" as it is, prem ships loosing credits on a win even after torp strikes and gun  hits seems rather odd, now to see undamaged ships get auto repair bills? .  Has this always been there ?   I have to salute you guys that play tier 8 and up regularly, the repairs are insane.

If repair costs are automatic then am I paying a minimum credit fee just to hit "enter battle" ?   6k credits to run the Warspite unscathed?  10k to play Atago.. before damage... 

Was really looking forward to the Tirpitz but the repair costs have made me rethink that ..

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The economy of this game works differently from WoT, and WG is satisfied of it.

If you don't like it, you can stop playing higher tiers.

Also, I don't know why do u think 10k to run an Atago that make hundreds of credits per match is a big deal, you make tons more per match than WoT.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Uh...what?

You're complaining about a 6k credit-bill for the Warspite or 10k credit-bill for the Atagou, even though both can earn hundreds of thousands of credits?

There's something related to chickens that I'd like to say...

Super Tester
630 posts
9,482 battles

Clearly haven't seen tier 10... pretty much 225k repair cost + ammo or so, they do that so people don't always play tier 10 and they can use premium ships (or low 5-6 tier ships ) to grind credits. I'm okay with the way it works but am a little sad when I die in a tier 10 and didn't do much.

I really enjoy the Murmansk tho, making 250-350k credits per game with that thing.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

Ships won't maintain itself ya know :D

Damaged or undamaged, they always go regular maintenance after battles :great: (not to mention the ammo used during the battle adds up to the maintenance)

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

I think ppl are missing my point. There is a service fee, an ammo fee and obviously there will be a repair bill ..if you take damage. Im talking about a REPAIR bill when there is NO damage .. if theres a cost for oil or crew meals or uniform cleaning shouldn't that be in service fee?

Imagine renting a car and getting a repair bill when you haven't done any damage ..   and btw I don't remember ever getting a repair bill in WOT in the few battles I took no damage.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Firstly, you're not renting the ship you play. You bought it. It's yours (except for those Supertesters with their Tirpitz ships...).

Secondly, if we're continuing the car analogy, every time you take your car out for a drive, either for business or pleasure, your car suffers a little bit of wear and tear, which would, ideally, require maintenance each time you do so to maintain the car at its nominal condition. The same thing would apply for your ship.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I think ppl are missing my point. There is a service fee, an ammo fee and obviously there will be a repair bill ..if you take damage. Im talking about a REPAIR bill when there is NO damage .. if theres a cost for oil or crew meals or uniform cleaning shouldn't that be in service fee?

Imagine renting a car and getting a repair bill when you haven't done any damage ..   and btw I don't remember ever getting a repair bill in WOT in the few battles I took no damage.

Again: The economy of this game works differently from WoT, please don't compare 2 games together.

423 posts
3,175 battles

Your Atago needs repair due to the fact that it has so many scratches from grinding the sea floor, enough if left unattended, you'd have to redone the entire hull due to rust.

Just kidding. You can always manual resupply your stuffs. I guarantee that the amount of money would add up but at least it makes ya feel a little bit more...justified...

3 posts
2,809 battles

Pff ok how about this for a repair bill (screen shot provided) and this was only after i had received 2/3rds of my damage at 80k repair.And a no damage match is a 20k repair bill. At Tier 10 im pretty sure 200-300k if not more would be required for a destroyed battleship. So all that hard work to get to tier 10 and not even allowed to play 1-2 matches in it before having to go back to lower levels to grind out cash cause thats what people really want to do.

Repair Bill.jpg

66 posts
4,900 battles

Sorry to interrupt, but i agree with some people here that Wargaming needs to address the issue of repair costs. See the problem is there are many people on the Asians servers like me do not have deep pockets to buy Doubloons and EXP'd up throught the game. And the auto-repair and Damage repair costs are way too hight at tier 7 or higher. All i request is to reduce the amount of credits that must be spent to repair your ships. Also because we dont play the game a lot the entire day (My Usage is just about 3-4 matches per day), i think its time for Wargaming to take into account some lower level players and reduce the Repair costs of the Hier Tier ships or else we will just end up being bankrupt.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

in good game with atago.

even if u were sunked. u can still get 350-400k credit (without premium account)and the total repair cost is about 60-70k. much cheaper than normal T8 ship. 

sunked fubuki must pay about 100k

why ranting about that?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

premium ship already has lower repair cost than regular ship at the same tier. if you wanted more creadits then you should play PvP and do more damage than your ship HP.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Sorry to interrupt, but i agree with some people here that Wargaming needs to address the issue of repair costs. See the problem is there are many people on the Asians servers like me do not have deep pockets to buy Doubloons and EXP'd up throught the game. And the auto-repair and Damage repair costs are way too hight at tier 7 or higher. All i request is to reduce the amount of credits that must be spent to repair your ships. Also because we dont play the game a lot the entire day (My Usage is just about 3-4 matches per day), i think its time for Wargaming to take into account some lower level players and reduce the Repair costs of the Hier Tier ships or else we will just end up being bankrupt.

oh... i am one of those ppl that dont buy premium account/premium ship. i have only once bought few doubloon to reset my commander skill..

aside from that i am not paying anything...

guess what?

i have no problem getting Yamato.

my other high tier ship now is ibuki and kagero. (trying to get zao and zekamashi)

i even able to get some credit profit in tier 9 match. even tough its not much usually. 

in tier 8 match. its pretty easy to break even. with little more effort i can get constant profit. 

tier 5/6 ship(and practically any ship in low tier) is credit making ship if u are good at handling it.

520 posts
11,127 battles

I have a premium account as of now... and i also do have a few premium ships at port.  Atlanta and Murmansk.  I didnt plan to have a Premium account For a year, so i purchased the ships to help maintain my DD fleet at Tier 8- 10.  

Low and Behold, my tier 6 and 7 us dds, are making just as much now, with the new update as my premium ships.  Well, maybe not as much, but not a bad 120k- 150k silver, just by playing passively.

This is enough to maintain my DD fleet at high tier... but wait, there is more..... when i play passively with my higher tier dds, attacking only targets of opportunity and capping and defending cap areas.... i only play at a loss when my ship sinks.  But if i survive... i take home 10 -50 k..... not bad for tier 8-10.  

I guess, for me Not to be at a loss... i just need to perform, play the role im supposed to play in game.  

If repair costs for high tier are an issue for you, i reccommend just having a mid tier ship that you like, that can rake in the bug bucks.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Do you guys not read? He's talking about paying costs even if he didn't take any damage.

It gets higher as you go up and if I'm not wrong, it's around 200k just by playing a tier 10. Then you have to factor in repairs if you took damage, consumables, camo and whatnot.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

All ships have a base "repair" rate on a sliding scale depending on tier and status (premium or standard).

edit. and no I have never bothered to work it out lol

Edited by dead_man_walking

520 posts
11,127 battles

Do you guys not read? He's talking about paying costs even if he didn't take any damage.

It gets higher as you go up and if I'm not wrong, it's around 200k just by playing a tier 10. Then you have to factor in repairs if you took damage, consumables, camo and whatnot.

imho.... repair costs are repair costs.... regardless if you have damage or not.  Simply because the potential to make large amounts of cash,  if you perform outweigh the costs, what ever tier you are in.

I believe the logic behind it, this keeps Idle Players who lurke around the maps, keeping away from all the action, from earning credits for the next tier ship, that they dont really deserve.  Specially in high tier battles.  If your team wins, without you contibuting to the win... you get creds, enough, to repair your ship.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,880 battles

Frankly I tried hard when I first start to not take any damage or take less to see if it makes any different, but then I realized...no matter what I just need to pay for it and moved on lol.