Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
R3negade

Want a full support of multi language in English client

19 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,390 battles

It is no doubt there are a lot of Chinese players in Asia server, then Korean / Japan / Thai

We have been requesting the availability of being able to type others languages in the game and WG did it.

but unfortunately the in-game input method doesn't support too well.

-You can type other language in a English client environment, but the words u typed and even the in-game input method itself shown as a whitebox :sceptic:

-have to copy the typo from the chat room to notepad to see what that actually is.

Me typing in Chinese

oU2mWwb.png

03YojUJ.png

p.s  Whiteboxes are much more annoying than languages that u cant read :izmena:

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Just use English. Seeing languages other than English is kinda annoying for some players. Believe me, i'm a American/Vietnamese, i speak both language but it always piss me off seeing some Vietnamese use their own language, to tell the team to help them... Which is useless, because others can't understand. And then, after they getting killed, spending 2 minutes cursing the team, in Vietnamese, which no one else can understand.

I mean, if you can speak English, please use English. And the people who don't know English better not saying anything. 

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,390 battles

Just use English. Seeing languages other than English is kinda annoying for some players. Believe me, i'm a American/Vietnamese, i speak both language but it always piss me off seeing some Vietnamese use their own language, to tell the team to help them... Which is useless, because others can't understand. And then, after they getting killed, spending 2 minutes cursing the team, in Vietnamese, which no one else can understand.

I mean, if you can speak English, please use English. And the people who don't know English better not saying anything. 

Same I would prefer using English but in some games there are like more than 60~80% Chinese players :l

In this case communicate in Chinese will become much more handy

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,875 battles

Somehow what OP said and  does it works to see other language if I install the windows additional language setting?

Also I enabled the Language Bar option and kinda played with the input bar and somehow...randomly now I have my chat input interchange between Japanese and English even when I disabled the option...anyone know whats causing this?

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,390 battles

Somehow what OP said and  does it works to see other language if I install the windows additional language setting?

Also I enabled the Language Bar option and kinda played with the input bar and somehow...randomly now I have my chat input interchange between Japanese and English even when I disabled the option...anyone know whats causing this?

I do have the English / Japanese and Both Traditional and Simplified Chinese Language pack installed

70 posts
890 battles

The more communication, the better the game. I hope you get it worked out. The English only players (like me) are a dying section of the player base. It sounds like there is a simple fix. Maybe a Mod can post it sticky. I want a better game, and communication WILL help.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,390 battles

Hey leave the proud box speak alone!

thing is we are SEA so some characters don't seem to gel with WoT/WoWs.

This doesn't mean WG can just ignore this.

I think they know there is around or probably more than 50% players speak Chinese in the game.

which includes Singaporean.

and this sure affects the quality of gameplay

So developer please do something

Edited by R3negade

26 posts
1,513 battles

Simple fix, add a Server to Australia, call it Oceanic, or Pacific, then let us transfer off this god awful Asian server.... I have to play on it being in Australia, due to Ping ETC....

Super Tester
802 posts

Simple fix, add a Server to Australia, call it Oceanic, or Pacific, then let us transfer off this god awful Asian server.... I have to play on it being in Australia, due to Ping ETC....

I get 100ms, and am as far away from the server as possible (Regional QLD so the the routing literally takes my around the country) so unless you're playing of the potato that is on congested 3G or dial up then ping should no longer an issue. (Although if you're on Optus this is understandable, their routing is terrible so maybe change you ISP.) Secondly, if WG is not going to implement an Australian server for WoT when their server population is only 2-3k above WoWS, then you truly are hitting up on a pipe dream.

Not to mention the stigma where you're assuming that:

a: Australian players are the only good players in this region; survey says no. and;

b: That an Australian server would lead to better gameplay; it won't. Not to mention the increased queue times. Have fun with this.

As to address OP's question, language localisation has been implemented on WoT, and I have no doubt this will be important for WG to implement especially if they want this game to grow in this region.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I'm not English native speaker .. hell, I not even use english in my real life .. but I always use english in the game (except from private chat with ppls in my language) ...
So I kinda support everyone to use english in the game since most of us kinda understand it

I saw box language all the time and that feel very anoying ....

26 posts
1,513 battles

I get 100ms, and am as far away from the server as possible (Regional QLD so the the routing literally takes my around the country) so unless you're playing of the potato that is on congested 3G or dial up then ping should no longer an issue. (Although if you're on Optus this is understandable, their routing is terrible so maybe change you ISP.) Secondly, if WG is not going to implement an Australian server for WoT when their server population is only 2-3k above WoWS, then you truly are hitting up on a pipe dream.

Not to mention the stigma where you're assuming that:

a: Australian players are the only good players in this region; survey says no. and;

b: That an Australian server would lead to better gameplay; it won't. Not to mention the increased queue times. Have fun with this.

As to address OP's question, language localisation has been implemented on WoT, and I have no doubt this will be important for WG to implement especially if they want this game to grow in this region.

As far as talking about Ping, I was meaning as opposed to playing on say the EU or NA servers from Australia.....

Trouble with Asian titled server is there is no one "Asian" Language, therefore we get the problems that we have now, many many multi languages occuring, atleast on the EU or NA server you probably would expect the majority of language to be English, and in a game that is supposed to be about teamwork, communication should be a priority, I havent found a language tool to translate square boxes yet.....

This problem is not limited to just this game, but language seems to be an after thought in alot of recently developed games, then they have to try and rush in some crappy translation software that most times makes no sense anyways.....

2 posts
9,324 battles

At least make it such that the characters do appear as they were typed. This will allow people who are multi/bi-lingual (on english client) to be able to at least read them...  It is annoying to see a lot of white boxes that later turned out to be warning from teammates about DD sneak attacks on my BB or CV....

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

People who expect other players to speak English are seen as been arrogant or insensitive, but to be honest its the most practical way to communicate as the majority of players in game have a grasp of English be it native or not.It's also the least conflicting/biased.. Not trying to be stir up things, but things get rather heated when people of two different Asian nationalities in game chat get feisty over patriotic sentiment of their respective nations....

Edited by Blitzkreig95

8 posts

As far as I understand the fonts for the chat are contained in an swf file. I can't see how it would be technically difficult to install other "font packs" as well. Even if it's simply for aesthetic reasons. The boxes detract from what is otherwise a pretty good looking interface. Aside from this, as Trinetra said, at least give us the chance of reading what is typed.

Communication obviously plays a big part of WOWs, at least it should. Requiring players to only type in English is asking too much. Besides, the inability of a person to speak your language shouldn't be the thing that is criticised more than your inability to understand the language spoken.

Technical issues aside (and I imagine there would be a few), I wouldn't mind seeing a translation feature - crappy/humorous translation or not. 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

What annoys me the most is that I will be trying to type in English but as I am using Chinese Client, it keep trying to force me to type Chinese.

Yeah I can change it, but it's annoying changing it every single time.

Sign in to follow this