Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShcoobyDoo

CV balance

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3 posts
5,289 battles

Who thought give IJN CV more squad is a good idea for balance? Let's see what we have now.

Tier5

US  1F + 1TB + 1DB  / 2F + 0TB + 1DB / 0F + 1TB + 2DB  

IJN 1F + 1TB + 2DB / 1F + 2TB + 1DB

Tier6

US  1F + 1TB + 1DB / 2F + 0TB + 1DB / 0F + 1TB + 2DB

IJN 1F + 1TB + 2DB / 3F + 1TB + 1DB / 1F + 2TB + 2DB

Tier7

US  1F + 1TB + 1DB / 2F + 0TB + 2DB / 0F + 1TB + 3DB

IJN 1F + 2TB + 2DB / 3F + 1TB + 2DB / 2F + 2TB + 2DB

Skip tier8 and tier9 because you know the trend now.

Tier10

US  2F + 1TB + 2DB / 1F + 2TB + 2DB / 3F + 0TB + 2DB

IJN 2F + 2TB + 2DB / 3F + 2TB + 2DB / 2F + 3TB + 2DB

Since you can have more tactical option when you have more squad, CV balance change on this patch just made USN CVs useless, you want air defence, you lose attack ability heavily, which is ok because it is a

choice making part, but IJN CVs can have it all - 3 fighter sq with 2TB, 2DB sq? This is just OP, you can't let them have all. 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Because WG thinks it's a way to differentiate CV of different nations?

Still, I'd not say USN CV are useless, they just have limited options that's all.

Tier4-8 had to stick to balanced loadout. tier9-10 had to stick to strike loadout. IJN CV got all 3 options including air superiority.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I've complained about this point a lot of times but to no avail. Very few see this problem because most supposed CV players here on forums doesn't really have enough experience playing both sides. Oh well, 1 month prem remaining, and time to play the newly buffed IJN CVs and give my stat some steroids.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I've complained about this point a lot of times but to no avail. Very few see this problem because most supposed CV players here on forums doesn't really have enough experience playing both sides. Oh well, 1 month prem remaining, and time to play the newly buffed IJN CVs and give my stat some steroids.

Buffed against other CV, nerfed against surface ships. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
47 posts
1,085 battles

Since you can have more tactical option when you have more squad, CV balance change on this patch just made USN CVs useless, you want air defence, you lose attack ability heavily, which is ok because it is a

choice making part, but IJN CVs can have it all - 3 fighter sq with 2TB, 2DB sq? This is just OP, you can't let them have all. 

If you wanna be air superior pick 2 Fighter for USN ,It will Shred IJN paper plane anyways but if you talk about dmg out put as TBs type you completely out DMG IJN in tier X or IX.

Edited by james4b

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I guess I'll join the fun and buy my very first Nippon CV tonight :playing:

that's right. playing IJN CVs again reminded me how biased this game is to them compared to USN (plane service time)

Alpha Tester
982 posts

that's right. playing IJN CVs again reminded me how biased this game is to them compared to USN (plane service time)

My god-awul losing streak makes bias very appealing to me :)

I'm very un-biased about bias at the moment :sceptic:

Sign in to follow this