You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nikolaevna

Release date confirmed

19 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
392 posts

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/release-date-announcement/

17 September. That's two weeks from now.

A bit too soon IMO. WoWS going live with only two full nations? Shouldn't they wait for the Germans first? And has WG decided on whether gold and free XP will be unified?

Edited by Nikolaevna

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

That's what I thought of WoWS going into Open Beta as well, but things have generally gone pretty smooth, so It could work. I agree that they should release it alongside the introduction of the Kriegsmarine.

Edited by Chawp

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

How is our current state differs from a real release?

The only thing I can think of is that we might get better compensation for ship changes WG make, so it's a plus for us. :hiding:

They should reward us with another premium ship for OBT users. :hiding:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Duh, they are really rushing the game out indeed.

Which is Good. Now no one can use that "We are in Beta" arguement.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

How is our current state differs from a real release?

The only thing I can think of is that we might get better compensation for ship changes WG make, so it's a plus for us. :hiding:

The moment they started taking real money from players it was a real launch regardless of what title they gave it.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

royal navy fans are going to complain again because they are only one ship even though its two weeks before the release. :popcorn:

already saw lots of complain why like: why WG created USN and IJN tech tree first even though its clearly that the royal navy is the stronkest navy in the world. :hiding:

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yawn. So, when do they unify accounts? I mean, if the "in beta" excuse is (will be) no longer valid...

I totally forgot about that one. :great: I can finally make use of the little free exp and gold I have on my WoT account.
Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Axaxaxaxaxa... oh wait... this isn't the 2016 April joke... oh... ...

Ah... an even faster "release" with even less content than WoT had back in the days... ggwp...

@Alvin: It's 2015 the "It's still in beta!" argument stops being legit once the company takes Money and last I checked that was during CBT.

It stays relevant for technical explanations like "CVs are a utter mess, but that's prolly because the game is still in beta.",

however it stops being an excuse for the the company to use when asked why the content isn't ready yet.

At the point where money is taken the only measure is if the content is worth the money, and no... right now it isn't.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Yawn. So, when do they unify accounts? I mean, if the "in beta" excuse is (will be) no longer valid...

haha .. WG ... did you make yourself in trouble here ? :trollface:

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Axaxaxaxaxa... oh wait... this isn't the 2016 April joke... oh... ...

Ah... an even faster "release" with even less content than WoT had back in the days... ggwp...

@Alvin: It's 2015 the "It's still in beta!" argument stops being legit once the company takes Money and last I checked that was during CBT.

It stays relevant for technical explanations like "CVs are a utter mess, but that's prolly because the game is still in beta.",

however it stops being an excuse for the the company to use when asked why the content isn't ready yet.

At the point where money is taken the only measure is if the content is worth the money, and no... right now it isn't.

Funny, when I make much the same points in other threads I get all sorts of abuse tossed at me.

:P

:great:

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Funny, when I make much the same points in other threads I get all sorts of abuse tossed at me.

:P

:great:

The release was announced yesterday, so I doubt that you've been "abused" because of mentioning the soon to be release that nobody knew about.

Aside from that I'm fairly sure it's a commonly known fact that something stops having "beta" as an excuse as soon as it costs Money.

Somehow I don't think any of this "abuse" was directed at any of the points I stated above...

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

The release was announced yesterday, so I doubt that you've been "abused" because of mentioning the soon to be release that nobody knew about.

Aside from that I'm fairly sure it's a commonly known fact that something stops having "beta" as an excuse as soon as it costs Money.

Somehow I don't think any of this "abuse" was directed at any of the points I stated above...

*Look at the other Tank/Plane/Ship(Yet to be released) So-to-say "Open Beta" game that already is in OBT for a Year or more*

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

No, more at the principle that excusing things on the basis of "it's only beta" is not healthy when people are paying money, and that people might do well to consider that same point when throwing money at something when it's still got a host of issues.