You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MadRon

Nerf destroyers?

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
27 posts
2,554 battles

"For all destroyers, casemate resistance to damage was decreased to match the respective hull values
For all destroyers, added a fourth point where the fire may potentially be started.

For all ships, increased gunfire accuracy at close quarters (i.e. at distances of 0.2 km to 4 km), which resulted in a minor increase in the accuracy of fire at medium- and long-range distances
The 'value' of a hit into the middle part of a destroyer was reduced to match the 'value' of hits into the bow or stern of these ships. Now, 'alpha strike' damage to the bow, stern, superstructures and the central part of the ship will not differ."

Great, make the worst performing ship type worse?

Fantastic work. And buff CV?

Ok then obviously time to spam CV now too.

Edited by MadRon

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Yea in my Tier 7 Hatsuharu I was having a long string of losing and being insta-killed lol I guess I have to learn the class again 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

"For all destroyers, casemate resistance to damage was decreased to match the respective hull values

Casemate resistance to damage refers to unturreted guns - and clears a bug with them

For all destroyers, added a fourth point where the fire may potentially be started.

Four points of fire matches every other ship in the game, though you're unlikely to see a destroyer get multiple fires before sinking anyway, even before this patch.

For all ships, increased gunfire accuracy at close quarters (i.e. at distances of 0.2 km to 4 km), which resulted in a minor increase in the accuracy of fire at medium- and long-range distances

Yep. No more suicide charges and completely ignoring enemy fire to get free kills at close range. Time to actually use your head while making close-range torpedo runs instead of charging straight in and being immune to incoming fire.

The 'value' of a hit into the middle part of a destroyer was reduced to match the 'value' of hits into the bow or stern of these ships. Now, 'alpha strike' damage to the bow, stern, superstructures and the central part of the ship will not differ."

This is a destroyer buff, mate.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

They made DDs like the LTs of WoT, no, not the 13 90 or the RU251, I mean something like a 59-16 :(.

Failing to see the major differences between those light tanks, all three of them are good at both scouting and fighting, so...

As for DDs... there was a nerf? :P

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Don't forget that the 59-16 is a Tier 6, while the 13 90 or Ru 251 are Tier 8s.

I wouldn't call it a flat-out nerf. Destroyers have gained and lost some features to the point that I would call it a "rebalance".

Beta Tester
27 posts
2,554 battles

Cvs were buffed? What? All I see is nerfs this patch for cvs.

Japanese CV? Yes.

Modified the flight control modules; now, each research path offers at least one group of fighters

Aviation
Added an alternative attack mode for fighter squadrons: Air Squadron Assault, activated by pressing Alt + LMB
An air squadron carries out an assault upon a particular area on the map, designated by the player. Going at a high speed, fighters fly straight through the designated area, delivering massive fire at targets. All air squadrons (including allied ones) that happen to be within the impact area will take damage.
Added aircraft fire visualization in the form of gun tracers.
Fixed the incorrect display of a torpedo cone during a torpedo attack in automatic mode.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Japanese CV? Yes.

Modified the flight control modules; now, each research path offers at least one group of fighters

This was a nerf - IJN CVs have to give up one set of torpedo bombers for one set of fighters, who are inferior to USN fighters.

Aviation

Added an alternative attack mode for fighter squadrons: Air Squadron Assault, activated by pressing Alt + LMB
An air squadron carries out an assault upon a particular area on the map, designated by the player. Going at a high speed, fighters fly straight through the designated area, delivering massive fire at targets. All air squadrons (including allied ones) that happen to be within the impact area will take damage.

This was also a nerf - the favoured tactic of IJN CVs that made them get ridiculous damage totals was stacking torpedo bombers together in a clump and sending a tight spread of torpedoes to instakill ships. Fighters literally get a skill to deal AoE damage on clumped squadrons (addressing the major complaint that IJN CVs had more torpedo squadrons than other CVs have defending fighters), and somehow this change is a buff to IJN CVs?

Beta Tester
27 posts
2,554 battles

This was a nerf - IJN CVs have to give up one set of torpedo bombers for one set of fighters, who are inferior to USN fighters.

This was also a nerf - the favoured tactic of IJN CVs that made them get ridiculous damage totals was stacking torpedo bombers together in a clump and sending a tight spread of torpedoes to instakill ships. Fighters literally get a skill to deal AoE damage on clumped squadrons (addressing the major complaint that IJN CVs had more torpedo squadrons than other CVs have defending fighters), and somehow this change is a buff to IJN CVs?

Making Japanese fighters better against US fighters is a nerf?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Where did you get that conclusion? IJN Fighters in most cases are inferior to USN ones, and USN CV in most cases can field just as many or more Fighters than IJN CV.

Unless the captain has Air Supremacy skill.

17 posts
738 battles

*IJN fighters use air squadron assualt  on US fighters*

*1 US fighter goes down*

*US fighters immediately proceed to shoot down the IJN squadron with no ammunition*

Just remember that air squadron assualt only shoots down 1-2 planes per squadron

Edited by Mwolfy

1,125 posts

I think I can call myself a DD player,

and from now on, I'll NEVER EVER FOREVER charge in to early cap base (in domination type) again, this patch would make my sunk rate climb up 2-3 times.

I'm not whining, I'm just gonna change my play style, a super coward DD style.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Nope, most of the IJN CVs captains on fighters load out that i have seen so far have no idea what they are doing, they decided to group their fighters so close to each other and does not know about the strafe ability. One good strafe and you will take out like 8 fighters, after that send in your second wave of fighters to finish of the rest and watch the drama in chat. :trollface:

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I think I can call myself a DD player,

and from now on, I'll NEVER EVER FOREVER charge in to early cap base (in domination type) again, this patch would make my sunk rate climb up 2-3 times.

I'm not whining, I'm just gonna change my play style, a super coward DD style.

Lol, It's not a big change for me to be honest. My US DDs still rape other ships easily 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i rekt three IJN fighter with my single USN fighter one by one. and even at two versus one i still rekt them. 

17 posts
738 battles

I think that if they nerf the Minekaze reload time to 1:30 other nerfs won't be required

Thats longer than the fubuki, 3 tiers higher mind you. not to mention that 1:30 is close to double it's reload time and that 1:30 is only 4 seconds less than the fletcher.

and nerfing the type 92 torpedoes will also mean nerfing the Isokaze's best torpedoes.

it'll basically be the destroyer version of the post-update Furutaka... or worse.

Edited by Mwolfy