You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KaZanova

Your Questions to Developers #1

163 comments in this topic

WG Staff
88 posts
2 battles

Attention on deck!

Welcome aboard the new Q&A thread. Please post any questions you have here and I will try to answer them as soon as it is possible. 

For Alpha Testers! This tread is for general questions about the project. Questions about Alpha will be answered in a closed section!

We would appreciate it if you tried not to submit questions already answered. 

Carry on, 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

For Alpha Testers! This tread is for general questions about the project. Questions about Alpha will be answered in a closed section!

In other words, be careful not to break NDA if you're posting in this section!

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

question I have is will stationary ships (ie. engine room knocked out) be easier to hit? as in smaller shot dispersion since they are much easier for fire control to target

WG Staff
88 posts
2 battles

question I have is will stationary ships (ie. engine room knocked out) be easier to hit? as in smaller shot dispersion since they are much easier for fire control to target

Is it easier to hit a stationary tank than a moving one? Of course it is! It will be much easier to hit a stationary ship. But remember, ships do not jam on the brakes, when their engine room is knocked out. They will just become slower by losing their speed till full stop.

679 posts
3,507 battles

Will the German shells (2nd type of AP) with a small charge of HE as a warhead in the AP (effectively HEAT) ever be implemented in WOWs for the German navy (this is historically accurate)?

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

one more question on shot dispersion, as we know ships per-surface radar could not hit anything when changing course

(Bismarck being a good example of this, in her last engagement had uncontrolled steering. Number of shots to find target, nil)

will shot dispersion widen greatly during and shortly after a change in course?

"The introduction of improved stable verticals greatly improved the ability to control the accuracy of gunfire during turns.  In 1945, North Carolina tested her systems by aiming at the sun (and at night, the moon) while maneuvering through two 450° turns and two 100° turns maintaining propeller r.p.m. throughout while observers noted that such maneuvers could indeed move the MPI several hundreds of yards at battle ranges, such shifts were ". . . no more than would be desirable when using a rocking ladder of comparatively small increments," announcing that henceforth commanders might maneuver freely in battle.  This represented an order-of-magnitude improvement over the fire control systems of the late twenties and early thirties, when even thirty or forty degree turns were often sufficient to throw off the system entirely.  In 1927-28, for example, the battleships changed course by 20°, then by an additional 30° during a fifteen-salvo practice fired at about 25,000 yards.  The average error in placement of the MPI was about 400 yards in range and deflection, and not a single salvo hit the target.32

The new ability to fire accurately during turns, coupled with radar spotting, gave US World War II battleships a truly enormous tactical advantage over the majority of their potential enemies.  Most enemy ships which maneuvered to avoid incoming fire would have been unable to maintain effective return fire, while those which chose to keep to a steady course would have rapidly been smothered by highly accurate radar-controlled incoming salvos.  In contrast, the American battlewagons would have been able to maneuver, and fire, at will.  And the Iowas, at least, had enough speed to dictate the range."

Alpha Tester
8 posts
2,879 battles

When will you guys start to accept new testers to alpha test in Asia?

I have applied for quite a long time but you guys have no further movement and other servers like NA/EU/RU got over 200 testers a week and having better result on testing.

So you guys are going to stop adding new tester and just let NA/EU/RU to test, so you guys can do less ?

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

When will you guys start to accept new testers to alpha test in Asia?

I have applied for quite a long time but you guys have no further movement and other servers like NA/EU/RU got over 200 testers a week and having better result on testing.

So you guys are going to stop adding new tester and just let NA/EU/RU to test, so you guys can do less ?

What on earth are you talking about ? Each regional alpha test server reports back to the same developers team. Each regional alpha test server has the same proportional number of alpha testers to their regional player numbers. Each regional alpha test server adds new alpha testers to the pool as per the requirements stated by the dev team in Minsk.

Insulting the Asia server staff, by claiming that they want "do less", is one sure way of making sure your application for Alpha access goes to the bottom of the pile.

Alpha Tester
8 posts
2,879 battles

What on earth are you talking about ? Each regional alpha test server reports back to the same developers team. Each regional alpha test server has the same proportional number of alpha testers to their regional player numbers. Each regional alpha test server adds new alpha testers to the pool as per the requirements stated by the dev team in Minsk.

Insulting the Asia server staff, by claiming that they want "do less", is one sure way of making sure your application for Alpha access goes to the bottom of the pile.

First I am not agree that I am "insulting" you or Asia staff because I haven't use any of attacking words of vocabularies.

I am just asking a question and having doubts on it, if you are really feeling this is a insult, I can just express regret over the matter and seeking WG headquarters Head for a fair judgement  on this matter.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

First I am not agree that I am "insulting" you or Asia staff because I haven't use any of attacking words of vocabularies.

I am just asking a question and having doubts on it, if you are really feeling this is a insult, I can just express regret over the matter and seeking WG headquarters Head for a fair judgement  on this matter.

I don't think they're insults, but your tone was definitely accusatory. Definitely not going to win you any favours, IMO.

695 posts
2,153 battles

Its an Alpha all we have to do is wait (I know I am) until they want us to come and test.  Its there game and up to them when they want us.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

• Will there be coastal defence ships like the Norwegian Eidsvold-class?
  • Two naval flags, the German Kriegsmarine and Soviet Navy, contain symbols that are banned in some countries. Will this preclude them from being in the game like the Imperial Japanese Navy flag?
Edited by Nikolaevna

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

A question.

There are currently four separate lines in the client and they appear to mesh well so far in terms of capabilities and balance - as best can be expected for something that is going to be so large, that is currently in alpha.

I wonder though if there is room for a fifth line - FF's / DE's - particularly in an AA role?

Even FFG's.  The 'Gun' version of the Leander - 4.5 inch gun and Seacat SAM for AA?  Yeah, I know - "Because time period"

Tanz

Edited by Tanzer

Beta Tester
2 posts
44 battles

Hello there! May I ask, is World Of Warships compatible to Windows 8.1? Because I use one and I have lot's of problems in dealing with games that are incompatible with Windows 8.1. I am really waiting and hoping for this game to be compatible in my computer. Thanks a lot! =)

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Hello there! May I ask, is World Of Warships compatible to Windows 8.1? Because I use one and I have lot's of problems in dealing with games that are incompatible with Windows 8.1. I am really waiting and hoping for this game to be compatible in my computer. Thanks a lot! =)

if you run wot then you should be fine.