Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

Tier 10 CW.....or not?

17 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

I looking into joining a clan the other day in WoT to get a bit refreshed in the workings of CW and I noticed the top clans Aussie clans only played up to tier 8 CW. then I noticed it was the same for all other countries bar one. that country having had it's own server guess they did what guys do when there are servers that merge, they worked closely together to blocked all others from tier 10 provinces.

Which brings me to my question, will it be worth my while spending to get tier 10's when there is a good chance of the same thing happening here?

Should I just focus on more tier 8's?

:popcorn:

please no name calling or other unwanted remarks toward others

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Seriously, right now, play anything you want. No one knows how Clan Wars will turn out for Wowships.

Now, troll mode: You should ask said clans why they aren't doing the same.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

I don't think it's possible for WOWS. Unless we have some kind of "water area" (equivalent to province in WoT), which important areas such as Midway, Pearl, Marshall, Tarawa... act as "capital".

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You're honestly better off playing the game you want to play. If you feel that going towards Tier 10s is your goal, go for it. If you feel that another arbitrary tier is enough, you grind to that tier.

I will remind you though that our classical notions of the tier system in World of Tanks doesn't apply as well (if at all) in Wowships.

Edit: And you should still ask those clans who are playing Tier 8s why they are there and why aren't they doing anything to counteract what is going on in Tier 10s.

Edited by Haku

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

From what I have read on the WoT forum it is to do with clan alliances between the top clans blocking others, by the use of multiple attacks from multiple clans all at once which no other clan can cope with.

I not blaming them by the way sounds like a sound plan, just think the same thing will end up happing here.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I looking into joining a clan the other day in WoT to get a bit refreshed in the workings of CW and I noticed the top clans Aussie clans only played up to tier 8 CW. then I noticed it was the same for all other countries bar one. that country having had it's own server guess they did what guys do when there are servers that merge, they worked closely together to blocked all others from tier 10 provinces.

Which brings me to my question, will it be worth my while spending to get tier 10's when there is a good chance of the same thing happening here?

Should I just focus on more tier 8's?

:popcorn:

please no name calling or other unwanted remarks toward others

I have stated time and time again in forums that WG can't ignore the elephant in the room.

The clans from this country are infamous for grinding bot accounts, selling accounts, cheating in campaigns, cheating in individual missions, using the "unspoken about and illegal" mod, and now we see they are dominating tier 10 random battles with their OP tanks, unicum platoons, dominating and hoarding the gold in CW, AND SH. I rue playing tier 10 random pubs anymore, AND THIS IS WHY MANY PEOPLE ARE QUITTING WoT.

I say AGAIN. THIS IS WHY MANY PAYING PLAYERS HAVE LEFT WoT.

WoWS team are working very hard to develop a clan wars, and a game that cannot be taken advantage of in such a way. Unfortunately for every rule you make, there is always a way around it.

I also hear reports that there are already bot grinding accounts here. IT HAS BEGUN?.

Serb has stated they are working very hard to stop this. However some people are actually turning video gaming into a JOB, and making real world income from WG accounts.

I wish I could. :sceptic:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

using the "unspoken about and illegal" mod

I know, you're talking about the unholy Pony mod, aren't you? :coin:

GaAgwRy.jpg

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

I have stated time and time again in forums that WG can't ignore the elephant in the room.

The clans from this country are infamous for grinding bot accounts, selling accounts, cheating in campaigns, cheating in individual missions, using the "unspoken about and illegal" mod, and now we see they are dominating tier 10 random battles with their OP tanks, unicum platoons, dominating and hoarding the gold in CW, AND SH. I rue playing tier 10 random pubs anymore, AND THIS IS WHY MANY PEOPLE ARE QUITTING WoT.

I say AGAIN. THIS IS WHY MANY PAYING PLAYERS HAVE LEFT WoT.

WoWS team are working very hard to develop a clan wars, and a game that cannot be taken advantage of in such a way. Unfortunately for every rule you make, there is always a way around it.

I also hear reports that there are already bot grinding accounts here. IT HAS BEGUN?.

Serb has stated they are working very hard to stop this. However some people are actually turning video gaming into a JOB, and making real world income from WG accounts.

I wish I could. :sceptic:

clans from australia // ha ha that has to be a joke right .......its the asian clans that do this , i know most of the aussie clans and , NONE of them do this ........i think you lying out your butt

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

I must agree the top clans dominate CW. When I used to command my old clan I would just ransack then leave the map. CW is for the try hards and well developed clans. Im hoping my efforts to create a wows clan won't end up like the wot global map, hogs, cheaters (sub clans farming each other for campaign rewards) etc

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I must agree the top clans dominate CW. When I used to command my old clan I would just ransack then leave the map. CW is for the try hards and well developed clans. Im hoping my efforts to create a wows clan won't end up like the wot global map, hogs, cheaters (sub clans farming each other for campaign rewards) etc

*shrugs*
Edited by Haku

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Talking about bots in WOWs, its already quite widespread. Just yesterday I had 2 bots on my team. They were the last 2 alive after I rammed an enemy to leave them with 1 DD left. Thank God it was domination and were manage to win the game with minimal lead and time.

The 2 bots just sat still but you can see their turret turning. Another game I had a bot that only moved when shot at.

I hope WG does something soon.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

clans from australia // ha ha that has to be a joke right .......its the asian clans that do this , i know most of the aussie clans and , NONE of them do this ........i think you lying out your butt

I didn't mean "this" country as the one I'm living in, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I meant players from "this particular country", that we cannot name.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

You can see WG are working very hard, unfortunatley punishing the rest of us, for others indiscretions, with such things as, no longer will you be compensated gold if you already have the wz111, now you get 4 million credits. The reward tank missions will now and forever more, be this way, to try and cut down on the amount of free stuff being taken by these non paying free players, who now literally pwn the game.

Its great that WG are trying, but as I stated before, you set a rule, and they find a way around it. They have hundreds or thousands of players to work on a "problem".

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Whenever you put up good prizes in a competition, expect people to do their utter worst to achieve their goal.

Beside, we should let the playerbase grow a bit more, and vessels be more properly balanced before trying something like CW. 

I heard that when the individual missions came out, one clan leader had all the missions finished and all the tanks within a week or two. 

Sign in to follow this