You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lichtbringer

FPS drop of 0.4.1

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,824 battles

I was part of all 3 public tests of patch 0.4.1, and in the third run I noticed that with my usual graphics setting my FPS dropped below 10 (first 2 runs were fine). I then went back to live server (0.4.0) with exactly the same graphic setting, and everything was fine with FPS at 55. Then today 0.4.1 went live, and I noticed that my 0.4.0 graphics setting again put me at an FPS below 10. Anyone else having similar problem? New patch has worse optimization?

84 posts
1,414 battles

Game has been very sluggish over the last week generally, North is attrocious for my old banger. If your post is correct and it gets any worse it might be time to stop spending again.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Did you update to Windows 10? Updating to that OS allowed my Alienware 15 to run this game at 60 FPS at very high settings, when low settings just barely did it before.

Edited by Haku

17 posts
636 battles

So far I've only installed the update on the laptop that I keep in the office and I haven't seen any difference in the fps. I have Windows 8 here. Tonight I'll install it on my desktop with Windows 7 and I'll see how things go with that.

37 posts
3,443 battles

Noticed a pretty big fps drop too, from around smooth 60 on highest setting, to 30ish.

Now i'm playing 1 setting lower and its holding steady at 30-50 fps, on north

17 posts
636 battles

Update:

Installed 0.4.1 on my desktop with i5 4690 - 8gb ram - gtx 760 - Windows 7.

I was at 58/62 fps pre patch, still 58/62 fps post patch, no performance difference with everything on high at 1920*1080.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

No difference for me too...was having steady 58fps, now with trees, also 58fps. Didn't even update any drivers. I'm using GTX 760.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,454 battles

Am finding intermittent frame drops with this version. And dont think its the enhanced graphics, ive dropped it down to high settings, which gives me 71 fps constant, except for certain situations. Very high is again, constant 62 fps with the same randon drops...

Really feels like server side lag?

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

for me, the fps only drops when I use BB/CV, it's fine with DD, while I do not play CA

it drops to <10fps

I'm using the worst graphical settings but it can't help

I uses Window Vista

I know it's bad, but the fps is used to be fine