yobbo1972

Rant

58 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

what the bloody hell is going on with this game today??

had nothing but rubbish teams, draw after draw after draw, as well as loses after loses cuz im getting the worst players that play the game on my side every dam battle.

none of my dam shots are  hitting the target im firing at even from 10-14km still cant hit the dam target,  or even closer ijm missing every dam thing and don't give me this rubbish that the target changing direction or changing speed etc etc ok im been playing the dam game long enough to be able hit a dam ship.

the dam game is nothing but a dam pig today.

and now in my Nagato with my 72% win rate cant hit a dam thing at 10km away what a load of crap

the game can go suck a big fat one today.

195 posts
356 battles

Wish yobbo could stop Ranting and play good; I.e. the problem might actually lie between the screen and the chair, not just the teams.

Also, Deathskyz and Yobbo mix as well as fire and ice.

Also: RNG, RNG, RNG.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yeah I know but get this in my nagato ever team has been total rubbish, I even wonder how theses players know how to turn a computer on let alone play this game

every time I get hit in my Nagato with HE I get set on fire and have up to 3 burning at the same time every dam game ive played in it today, and do u think I can still hit any thing in it? u guess it nope , cant hit  a dam thing at all

funny how yesterday I said I got a goo win rate in it and today I cant get a dam win at all. what  a load of crap

oh and I was in a battle in my Murmansk fighting a Omaha I hit him 12 times with HE and not one dam fire . I hit him 6-7 times b4 he hits me and with his first shell to hit me with he sets me on fire hahaha then I put fire out very next shell he hits with me again sets me on fire, what a load of BS this crap is.

and people say RNG has nothing to do with the out come of battles or game play ha what a load of crap that is.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Because ranting will definitely solve the problem.

Do you know what else is clearly solving the problem?

The amount of people throwing money at WG to get the Tirpitz.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Because ranting will definitely solve the problem.

Do you know what else is clearly solving the problem?

The amount of people throwing money at WG to get the Tirpitz.

but... BUT! whatever gold paint the RUdevs painted on her is working nicely.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Wish yobbo could stop Ranting and play good; I.e. the problem might actually lie between the screen and the chair, not just the teams.

Also, Deathskyz and Yobbo mix as well as fire and ice.

Also: RNG, RNG, RNG.

I know exactly what he's talking about.  Some days I seemingly can't miss whilst others I seemingly can't hit the proverbial barn.  It's all down to RNGesus and it's infuriating.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I know exactly what he's talking about.  Some days I seemingly can't miss whilst others I seemingly can't hit the proverbial barn.  It's all down to RNGesus and it's infuriating.

Seriously though, anyone who doesn't acknowledge that there are times when you're just not in the mood to play is downright delusional.

Earlier today I had the best game since OBT started with 120k damage in my Clemson.

It was still a loss, but who cares, I had my fun blowing up four ships and dealing a cake ton of damage.

Three games later I did 1300 damage in my Clemson and died for no reason aside from my own stupidity due to sailing into a Cleveland

that had been spotted earlier, i.e. I should've known better.

That was the point where I realised it was time to nope the cake out of WoWS for the time being.

Realising that it's not a good time to be playing is fundamental to having fun with competitive games.

One can say "Oh, I just play for fun!" all day, but nobody plays a competitive game without wanting to win.

Whether one accepts it or denies it to the death, doesn't matter, but anyone playing a competitive game

atleast has an interest in winning over the opposition.

And no, that's not because of EXP or credits.

It's because competition is in the very nature of being human.

We're just smart enough to be able to hide our own nature quite nicely... it still shows in our games though.

Edited by Retia

350 posts

It's easy to forget the battles where the enemy team folded.

We had one on the same team recently yobbo, they were literally horrid and i asked if I had accidentally got into a PvE battle.

If I can maintain parity between wins and losses, that'll keep me happy.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Lost all five battles I played last night.

The nail in the coffin was when our DD, the last ship alive, was too noob to turn off his AA while finishing the last few ticks of the cap in his smoke screen.

I turned off my computer before I damaged it. :angry:

350 posts

Lost all five battles I played last night.

The nail in the coffin was when our DD, the last ship alive, was too noob to turn off his AA while finishing the last few ticks of the cap in his smoke screen.

I turned off my computer before I damaged it. :angry:

I would have got a chat ban for that one

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I would have got a chat ban for that one

I would have too if anyone left in that game was an English speaker :hiding:

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I solve this with 2 strategies:

1. I don't spend money. That means when the game's rubbish, I don't care if I'm not playing because I'm not watching premium time vanish.

2. I don't see much point in going past tier 6. The stats that were published recently in the excellent post by Gordon Rubsey (or whatever his name is lol) highlights that in that nearly everything is poor from tiers 7-9 other than CVs, and even the Lex isn't great. I have no desire to spend time grinding through rubbish ships like the Colorado again when the tier 6 and 8 are demonstrably, significantly better.

So if I play a few games and they're crap, I simply log off. No loss to me, no concern of WoWS.

We all win. Ironic, isn't it?

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
35 posts
3,297 battles

If you have a run of bad games just keep betting until you win it all back and MORE!

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Thing is, if you look at your stats, most players will on average have about an equal amount of wins and losses, a whole lot of wins has got to be balanced by a whole lot of losses. 46-47% for both wins/losses and the balance draws

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

If I can maintain parity between wins and losses, that'll keep me happy.

Not sure what tiers you're playing at, but if you're talking about having at least an "average" win rate you probably are, the draw rate in this game means that ~45% is probably pretty close to the average win rate.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Seriously though, anyone who doesn't acknowledge that there are times when you're just not in the mood to play is downright delusional.

Earlier today I had the best game since OBT started with 120k damage in my Clemson.

It was still a loss, but who cares, I had my fun blowing up four ships and dealing a cake ton of damage.

Three games later I did 1300 damage in my Clemson and died for no reason aside from my own stupidity due to sailing into a Cleveland

that had been spotted earlier, i.e. I should've known better.

That was the point where I realised it was time to nope the cake out of WoWS for the time being.

Realising that it's not a good time to be playing is fundamental to having fun with competitive games.

One can say "Oh, I just play for fun!" all day, but nobody plays a competitive game without wanting to win.

Whether one accepts it or denies it to the death, doesn't matter, but anyone playing a competitive game

atleast has an interest in winning over the opposition.

And no, that's not because of EXP or credits.

It's because competition is in the very nature of being human.

We're just smart enough to be able to hide our own nature quite nicely... it still shows in our games though.

On top of what Retia says, do you believe in the concept of "cursed ship"?

No matter how much to evade, how well you aim or even how well you carried, there WILL ALWAYS be something to mess you. Be it RNG, MM or just by the unseen powers of the universe

Alpha Tester
982 posts

On top of what Retia says, do you believe in the concept of "cursed ship"?

No matter how much to evade, how well you aim or even how well you carried, there WILL ALWAYS be something to mess you. Be it RNG, MM or just by the unseen powers of the universe

10 battles in the BLOODY Omaha last night and tonight. ALL losses except two draws.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

10 battles in the BLOODY Omaha last night and tonight. ALL losses except two draws.

ouch

yeah sux when u play one ship and cant get a win and you know the ship u are playing is a good ship as well

Alpha Tester
982 posts

ouch

yeah sux when u play one ship and cant get a win and you know the ship u are playing is a good ship as well

4 more losses before a win tonight LOL. All five battles tonight were in a division with SuburbanTegal and Patangathunda. Sorry I brought those blokes down to my level :(

Alpha Tester
982 posts

not good then yeah I played 3 last night lost them all and taken 3 tonight to get a win

Current streak over last 30 games is 5 wins and 25 losses/draws. How is that )@%)@*% possible???????????????

I could do better and certainly no worse AFK........  :sceptic:

mmmmmmmmmm AFK mmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe there's something in that..................