Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KiwifromtheTron

Equipment ideas

13 comments in this topic

36 posts
2,915 battles

I was thinking about how to add flavour to the game and give skilled players tools to defeat certain mechanics once or twice a battle.  Of course, these would take the place of other equipment in the slots...

BB:

Name:  Emergency Stop

Cooldown:  10 minutes

Ability:  Brings the ship to a dead stop from its current velocity in 5 seconds.

CA:

Name:  Reverse an engine

Cooldown:  7 minutes

Ability:  -50% to rudder shift time for 15 seconds

CV:

Name: Torpedo net

Cooldown: 15 minutes

Ability: 50% chance to prematurely detonate an incoming torpedo (this ability's check would apply per incoming torpedo rather than once per salvo).

Restriction:  The CV must be stationary for this ability to be used.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

BB:

Ability:  Brings the ship to a dead stop from its current velocity in 5 seconds.

And why in the seven sea's potatah should I make myself an easy target for the DD I'm currently obliterating at 6km range?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I was thinking about how to add flavour to the game and give skilled players tools to defeat certain mechanics once or twice a battle.  Of course, these would take the place of other equipment in the slots...

BB:

CA:

CV:

Ability: 50% chance to prematurely detonate an incoming torpedo (this ability's check would apply per incoming torpedo rather than once per salvo).

Uh, how do you suddenly stop a ship? Something as big and heavy as a BB? (Don't tell me it's that drop anchor thing again :hiding:)

Also, what does reversing engine has anything to do with the rudder?

Last but not least: Torpedo net works on all classes of ships, but do we need yet another torpedo nerf?

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

BB:

I know this is a video game and all but is this even physical possible? I don't think going from 20kts-30kts down to 0 in 5secs is remotely possible?

CA:

I don't think I would sacrifice Defensive AA for this.

CV:

A stationary CV(heck any ship for that matter) is a dead ship, even with the torp nets there will be some torps that are gonna get through plus add in the fact that it would be easier for dive bombers to manual drop you since you aren't moving. I would rather take my chances dodging while on the move.

I agree that more equipment/consumables should be added to spice up the gameplay but not these ones though.

Just my 2cents.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I know this is a video game and all but is this even physical possible? I don't think going from 20kts-30kts down to 0 in 5secs is remotely possible?

He's quoting Battleship. You know, THAT scene?

CA:

CV:

What is the reasoning for these?

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

BB:

No, just no. You want to stop from full speed to dead stop? It is already programmed in game, ram an island, instant stop.

CA:

You know there is Rudder upgrade or Engine upgrade for that ?

CV:

If your CV is stationary, you are asking to be sunk, with or without a net.

36 posts
2,915 battles

Uh, how do you suddenly stop a ship? Something as big and heavy as a BB? (Don't tell me it's that drop anchor thing again :hiding:)

Also, what does reversing engine has anything to do with the rudder?

Last but not least: Torpedo net works on all classes of ships, but do we need yet another torpedo nerf?

Easy, you go to full reverse on both engines

If you reverse an engine the ship turns tighter in the direction of the reversed engine.

Yes we need another torpedo nerf.  Someone needs to make the CV players work harder for their kills.

36 posts
2,915 battles

I don't think I would sacrifice Defensive AA for this.

A stationary CV(heck any ship for that matter) is a dead ship, even with the torp nets there will be some torps that are gonna get through plus add in the fact that it would be easier for dive bombers to manual drop you since you aren't moving. I would rather take my chances dodging while on the move.

I agree that more equipment/consumables should be added to spice up the gameplay but not these ones though.

Just my 2cents.

Yes its a video game.  If WG wants a ship to stop in 5 sec they'll code it so it can.  Software is good like that?

I would sacrifice that stupid fighter than does nothing useful except get shot down.

Hey it was just an idea.  I never claimed it was a good one.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

People who never read a history and science book usually come up with crazy idea.

And then those people take that crazy idea and make it into a Hollywood blockbuster that the general public lap up and think its all perfectly reasonable.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Firstly, welcome to the forums Kiwi. Where ideas get shot down and newbies get hazed... I see where you are getting these from and I get the additional flavour...

You forget that this isn't a simulator but it is, but it isn't kinda thing, we want it to work within the realm of physics but its not a simulator or is it?

Last time I checked there wasn't some historical CA ability that made their gun crews go into overdrive... I agree there should be a choice between some of the abilities like DDs in 4.1 get the speed boost or the AA defence, maybe CAs can get something else instead of that hydro search (which is just awful lets be honest)

Edited by Chappo

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Easy, you go to full reverse on both engines

If you reverse an engine the ship turns tighter in the direction of the reversed engine.

Yes we need another torpedo nerf.  Someone needs to make the CV players work harder for their kills.

Yes its a video game.  If WG wants a ship to stop in 5 sec they'll code it so it can.  Software is good like that?

I would sacrifice that stupid fighter than does nothing useful except get shot down.

Hey it was just an idea.  I never claimed it was a good one.

:amazed:

Sign in to follow this