Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Yob80

The visual fun coming from invisi ships.

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

I have an example of how the visual mechanics (DD camo and so forth) totally break immersion in the game.  Last night I was fighting in my New York, laying into an opposing Omaha.  He was cruising along at over 30kts being cool, making life hard for me to hit him zigging and zagging all over the place.  Then in open water he just stopped.  Instantly.

No slow down, no slide to a halt.  He just stopped, no land around him, no islands, nothing.  At first I thought my machine had frozen, or had a 999 ping spike....nope.  Turns out after I got a bit closer, a Minekaze had crossed directly in front of him.  I couldn't see it but it stopped him cold. Only saw the Minekaze as I closed the distance and they tried to untangle themselves.

The view mechanics in this game really do break what little "cool realism" there is.  This for me just highlighted the silliness of it all, watching 2 ships crash into each other, but being able to only see half the accident.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

This for me just highlighted the silliness of it all, watching 2 ships crash into each other, but being able to only see half the accident.

To me it's the silliness of lost damage, should've instantly realised that it can only be one thing and fired your next salvo accordingly.

Gotta get that juicy extra damage and potential blow-up for maximum stupidity abuse. :coin:

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

Didnt say I didnt shoot him Retia.....i was mid way through a reload cycle.  He did die though, as by the time i had reloaded he was only just getting moving again...16k citadel later he went booooom.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Yob80 has a legit point, I've a few games here and there where the enemy ships would appear on the minimap (the red outline), but even at point blank range they still wouldn't appear on my game interface. These invisible ships would continue to appear on the minimap but not on screen until they sink me as I try to get away, while I helplessly try to shoot at the position of their tracers

Sounds like a graphics loading issue, but hopefully it will have been fixed in the next patch

Sign in to follow this