You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Potoroo

You Are Our Last Hope!

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Well, me and the enemy's stupidity.  While I was sailing in circles on the cap (I sank the enemy Bogue from there :D), all their remaining ships except the Zuiho (Isokaze, St Louis, Sth Carolina), decided that sinking our sole remaining carrier was much more important.  The Sth Carolina in particular was so fixated on our carrier (who ultimately sank him :P) he never returned my fire even though he could have given me a broadside or three as he sailed past to get within range.  As for me, fortunately their Zuiho didn't seem to know about manual drops so every time his torpedo bombers dropped their load I turned away and put my ship in reverse to cut my speed whilst watching his torpedoes go past.

And now I shall return to WoWS as a battered wife returns to her abusive spouse after he was nice for five minutes and promised never to do it again.

SLlo64m.jpg

HdExBz0.jpg

Edited by Potoroo

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

As for me, fortunately their Zuiho didn't seem to know about manual drops so every time his torpedo bombers dropped their load I turned away and put my ship in reverse to cut my speed whilst watching his torpedoes go past.

And somehow some people are still arguing that removing manual drop is the way to go for CV. :P

But good carry game there.

724 posts
2,179 battles

when i heard this voice for the first time while i was playing at midnight. it scared the s*** out of me. :D

Glad I'm not the only one who got scared by the same thing xD

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Murmansk is one of the best performing ships in the game.

I'm sure that's coincidence, given it's a USN ship given to the Soviets. Yet it does better than the identical USN ship.

Reasons, I guess.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

I'm sure that's coincidence, given it's a USN ship given to the Soviets. Yet it does better than the identical USN ship.

Reasons, I guess.

Remember. They are buffing the Omaha to Murmansk Standards...

Not the other way around.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Reasons, I guess.

The Murmansk is supposedly a later refit of the in-game Omaha.  Either way, I didn't save this game solely by charging around bullying the enemy.

Anyway, I couldn't save this one in my supposedly OP Cleveland.

haitJNS.jpg

Edited by Potoroo

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Reasons, I guess.

probably because it was bless by stalin so its every shot will hit the target, they also plated its armor with stalinium so even battleship shell will bounce. :D

still all the current russian ship are OP. murmanks can easily citadel all CL using ap and it has very stealthy torps too.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Remember. They are buffing the Omaha to Murmansk Standards...

Not the other way around.

IMO the buffed Omaha is still inferior to the Murmansk in many departments. I don't think there are anything that the Omaha with C hull can be better than Murmansk, other than acceleration.

Why? cuz reasons. :hiding:

probably because it was bless by stalin so its every shot will hit the target, they also plated its armor with stalinium so even battleship shell will bounce. :D

still all the current russian ship are OP. murmanks can easily citadel all CL using ap and it has very stealthy torps too.

Except the Aurora. St.Loius can kill that thing. :hiding:

Talk about citadel, all other 6-inch Cruisers can do it too. It's just that tier6 and below Cruisers are light. And no, the Furutaka isn't heavy, neither is the Aoba. Surprisingly the Cleveland actually is "heavy" eventhough it wasn't classified as one.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

The Murmansk is supposedly a later refit of the in-game Omaha.  Either way, I didn't save this game solely by charging around bullying the enemy.

My comment was meant as a jibe at the ship, not how well you might have played it.

Cheers

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Reasons, I guess.

Gave up on waiting for Marblehead and got the ship while on sale - It has better firing range, plus more with the spotter plane, PLUS------>>>>>RUSSIAN TORPEDOES, STRONK ENGINEERING 8km range!! 

(55knots is kinda slow, but at that tier people still have a hard time dodging)

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

It scared me every time lol

And the other one, "The team is depending on you!"

Now that I think about it, maybe they should start every battle with that one.