Sign in to follow this  
ray21420

Long loading times (Quick Toilet break for scale)

12 comments in this topic

5 posts
1,135 battles

A fellow sailor here, I have this issue of a ridiculously long loading time. Initially when i got the game it wasnt as long as i could enter while the timer was at 10s before the battle but now its at best 3 mins into the game where the 1st spots of enemy ships are sighted.

I'm trying to find out if my problem is associated with computer specs or internet server, as i currently live "down under" (Australia FYI) so its understandable that it may be bad.

Im currently running on a Laptop which runs pretty well for other games like WoT and Payday 2 with no prob for a 4 year old PC Nvidia GTX 620M

6GB RAM

I3 intel 3rd gen

Anyone else facing this experience give a shout out and share ur exp with me

1,230 posts
2,682 battles

A fellow sailor here, I have this issue of a ridiculously long loading time. Initially when i got the game it wasnt as long as i could enter while the timer was at 10s before the battle but now its at best 3 mins into the game where the 1st spots of enemy ships are sighted.

I'm trying to find out if my problem is associated with computer specs or internet server, as i currently live "down under" (Australia FYI) so its understandable that it may be bad.

Im currently running on a Laptop which runs pretty well for other games like WoT and Payday 2 with no prob for a 4 year old PC Nvidia GTX 620M

6GB RAM

I3 intel 3rd gen

Anyone else facing this experience give a shout out and share ur exp with me

Me, when going on exchange program at Canada :P, the ping was 300++ and the loading was 3-4 minutes, and 5-6 for day's first game

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Battle loading time is not affected by internet quality. I suspect your problem may come from the disk drive or RAM.

- Open up Resource monitor and check how much memory is available before you start the game. Usually I try to close down unnecessary applications and free atleast 500MB-1GB of RAM before starting the game.

- Check if your disk drive is at good condition or not.

5 posts
1,135 battles

Whats your ms?? It takes me less than 2 minutes to load and I live in Sydney with 85 ms.

Around 200 originally was in the 100s

Also gameplay isnt laggy at all apart from occasional desyncs

Living in Adelaide

internet speed is 1000kB/s

Edited by ray21420

5 posts
1,135 battles

Battle loading time is not affected by internet quality. I suspect your problem may come from the disk drive or RAM.

- Open up Resource monitor and check how much memory is available before you start the game. Usually I try to close down unnecessary applications and free atleast 500MB-1GB of RAM before starting the game.

- Check if your disk drive is at good condition or not.

Checked today my total is 6GB but appears as 2.5GB usable. Is it sufficient running on just 1GB?

103 posts
3,940 battles

No. You're likely causing Windows to swap out to disk, and that's why you're getting pathetic loading times. What you need to do, is get a tool like HWInfo32 (or if you're using a 64bit Windows edition, get HWInfo64), install it and then when it loads, take a screenshot of the "System Summary" window. Paste it here.

If you're running 6GB of RAM you're likely using 4GB + 2GB module of RAM. That's going to screw around with performance, get two sticks of the same RAM (you can buy laptop RAM kits that are 2 x 4GB modules for around $120 AUD from reputable places) and install that. Thank me later.

EDIT: If you're using 32 Bit Windows with more than 4 GB RAM, you really should get a 64 Bit version to use more than 4 GB RAM.

Edited by Coburn

5 posts
1,135 battles

U might be right on the uneven RAM chips. Although i was able to play without this issue very early when i got the game

Thks in advance Coburn...

Edited by ray21420

17 posts
636 battles

On my dektop (i5 - 8gb ram - gtx 760) loading times are very quick and I enter the battle long before the timer.

On the laptop that I use at work with Pentium ULV (the 1.8ghz model), 4gb ram and no dedicated graphic card I'm always a bit late, usually 5/10 seconds after the game has already started.

1 post
1,485 battles

I think one of the reasons its taking so long to load is because nividia havent fully supported this game yet, i think this driver update shld come soon as WoWs has come out of open beta 

451 posts
6,948 battles

2 issues, either as what they have said above: you're lacking RAM, laggy internet, or your hard disk is dying. Try to put wows on a ssd if u have one and see the difference. If there is no difference then it is likely the former two.

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,484 battles

The best upgrade i've ever done on my machine for load times was to install an SSD drive for my OS and certain games like wows.

I'm almost always first to load in.

I also have fiber interwebs but I don't think that's the issue for you.

A 256 gig SSD will probably solve all your problems and if it doesn't at least your computer will load much much quicker on startup.

I hope you get it sorted.

I run an I5  4690 on win 10

Nvidia GTX 960

8 gig corsair Ram

and the 256 SSD for wows and OS with a 1 terra HDD for everything else.

Edited by jimmywrangles_1

Sign in to follow this