Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KolossalkabawSEA

Winning. How important is it?

How important is winning to you?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How important is winning to you?

• Very important. Losing a battle is not a choice. Winning is all that matters. I tend to get angry at uncooperative teammates.
    • Somewhat important. I want to win and it's nice to have a good winrate. It's okay that I lose some battles.
    • Neutral. There are good days and there are bad days. I don't get much excitement from winning and I don't get much dissappointment from losing neither.
    • Not important - As long as I had fun, doesn't really matter. I don't care if I have less than %40 winrate.

31 comments in this topic

82 posts
508 battles

DISCLAIMER: This poll does not entirely represent the player population since not all players visit the forums.

There are serious gamers, there are casual gamers, and there are those who just want to pass time. Which one are you?

724 posts
2,166 battles

I went from a "Winning is everything" guy to a "as long as I had fun,it doesn't matter what the result is" guy.

82 posts
508 battles

It depends on the day/luck of the player, also cooperation is the biggest key to winning which SEA lacks due to player base and multiple languages spoken on SEA.

so, what is it? How is winning important to you?

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

It depends on the day/luck of the player, also cooperation is the biggest key to winning which SEA lacks due to player base and multiple languages spoken on SEA.

How do you explain players like DeathSkyz then? Or Retia? Or Counterflak?

Winning is important. I will do whatever it takes to get the victory. If you no longer go for the victory, you cannot in all honesty be considered a good player.

Yet at the same time, I'm not going to rage at uncooperative teammates. I will always find a way to work with them no matter what. If that means breaking formation and charging at the enemy to clear an enemy chokepoint (and my destruction), I will do so.

Edited by Haku

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Winning is much rewarding than draw & defeat.

If following the system back in WoT, winning team gets 150% experience & credit while defeated team get 50% experience & credit from random battle.

And draw is better than defeat, coz both team get equal 100% experience & credit.

So how could I say no to winning? :medal:

Edited by Mingfang47

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Winning every game is something that everyone should always aspire to try, it's not possible, but you should try nonetheless, it is, after-all a competitive PvP game, so I would say that it's very important, but I didn't vote because the answer is unrepresentative (I play4funz, can't be bothered to get angry at potato teams).

82 posts
508 battles

Winning every game is something that everyone should always aspire to try, it's not possible, but you should try nonetheless.

+1

I chose "somewhat important" because I don't get that much frustrated when I lose a battle as long as I knew our team did our best effort to win a game. Especially during those battles where we are outnumbered by three enemy ships and we managed to reduced it to 1 versus 1, but we lost. Still, it's a big accomplishment. Both teams would say "GG".

I can't be complacent while others put their best efforts to win the game.

Hast thou not lacked vigor

Super Tester
802 posts

How do you explain players like DeathSkyz then? Or Retia? Or Counterflak?

WinningisLUCK™

Then there's this:

9d3174d90b8ab47ed3fbeb8a7b1eaa84.png

Although honestly, I only play ~10 games a day; whereas in tanks I was playing close to 30-50. So reducing the burnout from grinding is important (helps with my studies as well) to me, how much I get out of each game and as a result the enjoyment I get.

Also; if you truely care about WR, then go learn to be a CV pro, such as my usual partner in anschhluss, TovarichCookie

2003210299.png

Edited by Counterflak

295 posts
501 battles

winning = more exp, loosing = less exp, way less

for a guy like me want to unlock ships as fast as I can, loosing as not a choice, and loosing is just a waste of time

161 posts
5,905 battles

I used to be a competitive now it doesn't matter much, so it's good to win and fine to lose.

I'll count as a win for myself if I earn more exp than at least a half of the enemy winning team.

Super Tester
58 posts
887 battles

Somewhat important...

I hate losing, I like winning, but I value survival a bit more... I'm not a coward, but I have better performance in "trying to survive" than "trying to win", because when I try to win, I try to score more, kill more, and I let arrogance get the better of me...

But when I try to survive, I have a clear goal of 'making the situation more feasible for the team', for the sake of survival. Because being on the winning team is better for survival, and for making the team perform better I'll do anything, even letting go of easy targets, or letting others get to kill the ships that I've taken down to 2000 HP while sailing to a more important target, or rerouting to the next cap zone, or retreating to beyond detection range in order to prepare for ambush for incoming assailants... When I try to survive, I know when to take drastic measures, the times when if I don't kill I won't live, I know when to approach to close combat, to make every shot count, to break concealment in order to harass the enemy's concentration, for the sake of prolonging the anxiety in that split-second when the torpedoes enter their detectability range...

As long as one ship is alive, a team can still win...

*and while I hate losing a fight, I don't dislike good challenges

82 posts
508 battles

^ ouch. Depending on how the team played, If I saw that they did their very best to win the game, then that's okay with me. But if they played like "NO CAP LET'S KILL LAST SHIP", then I'd probably rage dance too.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I don't care about winrate but I like to win

... if I win with really not so fun match (like it end in 5min) then it not so good .... Win in Close match feel a lot better

... But it suck if you do everything like 300+hit 20+citadel 50+torp hit and destroy 10 ship and you lose ..... that is really really worst match

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Ehh ya win some ya lose some, i don't ever get in divisions in games like this so my wr tends to hover around 55% which is well within the realms of statistics for flipping a coin. 

Unless you have a wr at say 65% or higher really you are not having a huge impact on games you are in. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Sign in to follow this