You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lawiez

Questions for BB spotting planes

11 comments in this topic

37 posts
3,443 battles

I've done a quick google search, and couldn't really find an answer to a question I have.

Do BB spotting planes help shoot enemy aircraft (ie gives them the inaccurate debuff)

Playing as a CV (up to tier 7), I've noticed sometimes if my TBs or Bombers get too close to the BB spotting plane, they get the debuff. Does anyone know whether this is true or not... or is it just my imagination lol

Super Tester
460 posts
4,151 battles

Yes , they can . When they aren't flying to their orbit , they can attack other planes that inside their scouting area . But when after they entered their orbit , they can't attack planes anymore .

They have ability for decrease accuracy of enemy aircrafts like fighters but their DPS is very low .

37 posts
3,443 battles

Yes , they can . When they aren't flying to their orbit , they can attack other planes that inside their scouting area . But when after they entered their orbit , they can't attack planes anymore .

They have ability for decrease accuracy of enemy aircrafts like fighters but their DPS is very low .

Can you clarify? your two statements seem to contradict each other i think?

it seems to me you are saying when they are flying to their orbit, they cannot attack planes

and, when they are in orbit, they cannot attack planes

so when can they attack?

Edited by Lawiez

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

They're not supposed to be doing that. Could be a bug - I remember Murmansk had this problem reported as well.

As an aside, I've always thought it weird the Murmansk has a spotter plane (which I don't want) rather than a fighter/scout like the other cruisers.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

As an aside, I've always thought it weird the Murmansk has a spotter plane (which I don't want) rather than a fighter/scout like the other cruisers.

Cuz russian. The bias is stronger in this game than WoT. :hiding:

Personally I think both seaplanes should be available to both classes, Cruisers need the range more than BB, and BB need the defensive Fighter more than increased range. I think there needs to be an additional Scout variant that boosts accuracy, that would be more justified of 6 minutes cooldown.

Super Tester
460 posts
4,151 battles

Can you clarify? your two statements seem to contradict each other i think?

it seems to me you are saying when they are flying to their orbit, they cannot attack planes

and, when they are in orbit, they cannot attack planes

so when can they attack?

Here is Spotting plane's orbit (maybe bigger or smaller , just assuming :hiding:)

ARQl4i3.jpgSo when Spotting plane already in the orbit , they cannot attack planes.

When enemy aircrafts entering the area (inside the white circle) and your Spotting plane is lauching from the catapult , Spotting plane will chase and attack any enemy aircrafts that already inside the white circle  . After all aircrafts are shot down or go outside the white circle , Spotting plane continue going to its orbit .

o1Tr2oC.jpg

After they entered the orbit (like pic 1) , flying around the ship , they can't attack enemy aircrafts anymore.

Super Tester
460 posts
4,151 battles

Cuz russian. The bias is stronger in this game than WoT. :hiding:

Personally I think both seaplanes should be available to both classes, Cruisers need the range more than BB, and BB need the defensive Fighter more than increased range. I think there needs to be an additional Scout variant that boosts accuracy, that would be more justified of 6 minutes cooldown.

If I'm not wrong , Cruisers tier 9 and 10 will have Spotting plane . IJN BBs have Fighter from Nagato (stock hull can use) and US BBs from Colorado ( elite hull ) :great:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I've done a quick google search, and couldn't really find an answer to a question I have.

Do BB spotting planes help shoot enemy aircraft (ie gives them the inaccurate debuff)

Playing as a CV (up to tier 7), I've noticed sometimes if my TBs or Bombers get too close to the BB spotting plane, they get the debuff. Does anyone know whether this is true or not... or is it just my imagination lol

If i am not mistaken a bb scout plane will make your planes fly slower if within i think 6km?