You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shavo

What class/navy do you play?

28 comments in this topic

44 posts
2,858 battles

I've been wondering this, but do people play only a particular country's navy, or even more specific, play only a certain class? Or do people play everything?

Myself? I guess I'm still trying to find my niche, but I enjoy a variety of tactics, so I play everything. The only thing I don't play is USN DDs and IJN CVs (I'll likely get to these eventually). And I don't really play my US CV much. My depot in World of Tanks was much the same, with me playing each class, across a couple of nations. In WOWS though, I mainly play CAs and BBs. If I could only make enough credits to keep up. My ships are around tier VI and VII (need credits to upgrade from Aoba and New Mexico).

160 posts
5,905 battles

IJN BB/CA/DD not so much of a fan of CV gameplay although I love playing RTS. Didn't bother with USN. In WoT I used to play purely German Heavies and Mediums.

Edited by HeidimarieW

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Mostly IJN ships, occasionally RN because Warspite is awesome.

Before anyone jumps the gun, no it's not because of the anime or stuffs like that. I like IJN ships because of their speed, stealth and power, and I'm fine with not having powerful AA.

USN DD is just not my style, I don't like getting too close to use torps, their guns just doesn't fit my category.

USN CA is fine, though I don't like their high gun arc and lack of torps.

USN BB I like them, but the speed kills my motivation. Haven't had higher tier ones yet, but so far on test server I like them

USN CV I also like them, though they do need some buffs.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I rolled as a krooza the first time I set foot on a damn ship and I intend to do so. the bottlesheeps are of a later date. I'm terribad@destroyers and fail@carriers.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

No, they don't.

IJN CVs need nerfs. USN CVs seem rubbish to people because IJN CVs perform absurdly off the charts; they expect USN CV should perform as IJN instead of recognising IJN CVs are stupidly over performing.

Happily the devs have acknowledged that latter point.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

USN Fanboi, but Right now I seems enjoying IJN more.

USN DD: I am too bad to play such High Skill cap yet Low Reward class.

USN Cruiser: Great Ships. HE Spam FTW!

USN BB: Utter Disastrous Speed and Range, A lot of Guns though. Really Depends whether your team's CV is good or not to either A. Kill enemy CV or B. Minimize the Planes come to you.

USN CV: I liked them a lot in CBT, but Duh XP Reward. Just lol-ing at the Langley.

IJN DD: Torpedo Boats! Loved them.

IJN Cruisers: I like all the Ships after the Furukata, should have play them more back in CBT. Their 8 inches handles very well and I liked the feel of it - Better than the USN one.

IJN BBs: Ultra Long Range and Better speed. Again, Great ships.

IJN CV: The Most Imbalance class right now. Borderline Overpowered.

Arkansas Beta: Zero AA and the Rudder shift time Kills it. It's Range is even worse than a Omaha or a Phoenix if you don't use equipment to increase it to 13km. Pretty much a PvE only ship lol-ing at Bots.

Murmasnk: The Single Most Overpowered ship in the game. Get it if you want a Cheap Prem.:trollface:

Sims: Pretty Meh right now. Not sure how the 9.2km/9867 Damage Torp will help.

Atago: Great Torpedo Arc, A lot of guns. ROF lacks a bit, but the 8 inches still handle very well and it had a lot of them. Rudder is a bit weak, though.

Edited by Alvin1020

44 posts
2,858 battles

Atago: Great Torpedo Arc, A lot of guns. ROF lacks a bit, but the 8 inches still handle very well and it had a lot of them. Rudder is a bit weak, though.

I decided to give myself a present as I hadn't bought a game for a while and bought myself an Atago. I was sold on how it looks. It just looks nice and sleek. Agree with you on the rudder completely though. Nonetheless, I think it's a fun ship though I constantly find myself getting matched against higher tiered ships whenever I play it.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I've been wondering this, but do people play only a particular country's navy, or even more specific, play only a certain class? Or do people play everything?

I play everything (How else would I know my targets enough to play both their pros&cons against them?),

however I currently don't have the ship slots to advance down the cruiser lines and the JP CV line.

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

IJN CA, cuz high tiers worth grind, powerful guns combined with torps and not bad reload speed

Currently IJN cruiser, later...

KRAUTS SUPREME BATTLESHIP

huehuehue H
Edited by Conkhead_12

496 posts
4,163 battles

Myself? I guess I'm still trying to find my niche, but I enjoy a variety of tactics, so I play everything. The only thing I don't play is USN DDs and IJN CVs (I'll likely get to these eventually). And I don't really play my US CV much. My depot in World of Tanks was much the same, with me playing each class, across a couple of nations. In WOWS though, I mainly play CAs and BBs. If I could only make enough credits to keep up. My ships are around tier VI and VII (need credits to upgrade from Aoba and New Mexico).

IJN everything but stopping IJN CV

USN BB and CL

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Mostly IJN ships, occasionally RN because Warspite is awesome.

Before anyone jumps the gun, no it's not because of the anime or stuffs like that. I like IJN ships because of their speed, stealth and power, and I'm fine with not having powerful AA.

USN DD is just not my style, I don't like getting too close to use torps, their guns just doesn't fit my category.

USN CA is fine, though I don't like their high gun arc and lack of torps.

USN BB I like them, but the speed kills my motivation. Haven't had higher tier ones yet, but so far on test server I like them

I'm in the same boat (pun fully intended).

Especially with USN BBs, I really want to get the NorthCarol+ but the thought of grinding through the Colorado again...ughhh.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Funnily enough, the ship I have the most battles in is a certain German battleship.

Well, I generally like playing battleships anyway.

Is it the Tir.....marck?

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

IJN BB and cruisers.

USN: everything. *CV's will be used at 0.4.1*

Sums exactly up what I play as well - except I use CV's atm for AA missions
Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I bring the Lanta or Clevey for that.

Sums exactly up what I play as well - except I use CV's atm for AA missions

Duh.

Real man use Arkansas Beta.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

IJN BBs and Cruisers

USN BBs and Cruisers

Not patient or good enough for DDs 

and I don't like the game play for the CVs, so haven't used them

Got some premiums in the port and yes I do play the Arkansas Beta !! its probably my best win rate ship. (always check at the beginning of the game to see how many CVs are playing though !!)

Haven't been able to let go of the Cleveland yet 

But now waiting for "that ship" and the Kriegsmarine

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

IJN BBs and Cruisers

USN BBs and Cruisers

Not patient or good enough for DDs 

and I don't like the game play for the CVs, so haven't used them

Got some premiums in the port and yes I do play the Arkansas Beta !! its probably my best win rate ship. (always check at the beginning of the game to see how many CVs are playing though !!)

Haven't been able to let go of the Cleveland yet 

cleveland is insanely OP for AA fire.