You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Delphaeus

Best value doubloons

21 comments in this topic

32 posts
1,242 battles

Edit: Original post is now incorrect due to changes to Wargamings prices. See fourth post for updated numbers

Just did some comparisons of the premium store and I worked out some interesting information.

(Information correct as of 30 Aug 15 - https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/wows/gold/default/ )

Package Cost per 100 doubloons (truncated) Comparison
$7.80 62.4c  
$13.39 58.2c Best value small package
$18.13 60.4c  
$28.47 59.3c  
$38.18 58.7c  
$71.69 57.3c Save $1.06
$139.59 55.8c Save $5.91

So my recommendations:

Best value is obviously the largest package at $139.59, followed by the second largest package at $71.69 - so if you have the spare cash I recommend those options.

If you can't, or don't want to, spend those larger amounts of money, ignore everything else and only use the $13.39 package. If you were to buy 12,500 credits by buying multiple $13.39 packages, you would only spend $1.06 more than buying the $71.69 package. If you were to buy 25,000 credits, you would spend $5.91 more than the $139.59 package. Every other package is more expensive to buy than buying multiple $13.39 packages.

Obviously, these calculations do not take any specials into effect.

Red Text/Hard-to-read postPost Edited, User Warned

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

32 posts
1,242 battles

Updated with store prices on 17 Jan 2016.

https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/wows/gold/

Prices have been normalised to a fairly even gradient, so there is no "good deal" anymore. Whilst the truncated values are a good indication, in reality you may be only getting half a cent gain/loss per 100 doubloons. 

Price Doubloons Cost per 100 Doubloons (Truncated) Cost to get 25,000 doubloons
$8.08 1250 64c $161.60
$13.87 2200 63c $157.61*
$18.78 3000 62c $156.50*
$29.48 4800 61c $153.54*
$39.55 6500 60c $152.11*
$74.25 12, 500 59c $148.50
$144.58 25, 000 57c $144.58

*These packages do not multiply into exactly 25,000, prices given reflect if you were able to purchase partial packs at a pro-rata payment.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,454 battles

Thanks for the update! Xmas wasnt very generous in Cyprus this year! Hopefully therell be some real discounts at Easter.

580 posts
1,587 battles

There should be good stuff for us this coming Chinese New Year ;)

Don't quote me on that

C'mon just tell us what it is Conan-sama... A hint even puhleeeeezzzz???... Y'know, does this "stuff" sink when you bludgeon it with enough shells???
Edited by Kreigg

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,454 battles

Why lunar new year?. do other races apart from Chinese humans celebrate it too?.

We don't celebrate it here in Australia and NZ, but we do celebrate Halloween and other events.

What? Garbage. Chinese new year is big in Aus (especially with a lot of expat Chinese living here). Halloween is only a thing in this country if youre a teenager, and has only even been recognised in the last few years.

Whilst we watch Alot of American TV, we are not Americans. 

892 posts
7,853 battles

Why lunar new year?. do other races apart from Chinese humans celebrate it too?.

We don't celebrate it here in Australia and NZ, but we do celebrate Halloween and other events.

Because this is Asia....

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

we celebrate Halloween???? since when?  

The only folks I've seen celebrate it are Cheep as Chips trying to get more sales from the great unwashed!

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Halloween is my favourite celebration of the year.

I get to enjoy everything spooky, and scary, and the kids love it. And forget about all those social stigmas enforced on me from birth by others, without my prior consent or formation of opinion from informed decision making.

It's obvious chinese new year IS celebrated in Oz and NZ, but you know what I mean. Perhaps you don't. Of course in the "free world" nations, any ethnicity that lives there becomes "entitled" to celebrate what is entrenched in their culture and/or beliefs.

They have gay and lesbian mardi gras, does that make everyone in Oz and NZ gay or lesbian?. If I have to pick one, I know which one I'd like to be!.

So, to sum up, in the "free world" part of the world, anyone, from anywhere, can celebrate anything.

Except me, mention Halloween and get attacked. Coz, we not 'murica. But I'm not....where ever Chinese New Year originated from...WAIT A MINUTE, argument moot.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,454 battles

Well that was pointless then wasnt it?

Back on topic, Conan if youre hearing of possible Chinese new yr specials, doubloon specials are very well appreciated ( as opposed to just prem ship packages).

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,454 battles

So with Chinese new year only a few days away, we must be getting close to seeing some specials?

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Halloween is my favourite celebration of the year.

I get to enjoy everything spooky, and scary, and the kids love it. And forget about all those social stigmas enforced on me from birth by others, without my prior consent or formation of opinion from informed decision making.

It's obvious chinese new year IS celebrated in Oz and NZ, but you know what I mean. Perhaps you don't. Of course in the "free world" nations, any ethnicity that lives there becomes "entitled" to celebrate what is entrenched in their culture and/or beliefs.

They have gay and lesbian mardi gras, does that make everyone in Oz and NZ gay or lesbian?. If I have to pick one, I know which one I'd like to be!.

So, to sum up, in the "free world" part of the world, anyone, from anywhere, can celebrate anything.

Except me, mention Halloween and get attacked. Coz, we not 'murica. But I'm not....where ever Chinese New Year originated from...WAIT A MINUTE, argument moot.

So basically you hate the Chinese and dont want CNY to be celebrated?