Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lawiez

how does base capture points translate to exp?

8 comments in this topic

37 posts
3,443 battles

It is really weird, i was in a game in a DD, played the ice map, 1 center capture spot. I stayed hidden and capped 80 of the total points for the win, did 0 damage. I remember i got at least 1200+ (or maybe 1600) exp with no multiplier, 3rd highest on the team. 

So just now, a game in a DD, 5 base hot spot, 1 plane shot down, 3 base captures, 1 assisted base capture, win with 9 ships remaining vs enemy 5 ships. base exp 171, bottom of the team. 

In that game, launched 6 salvos of 3x torpedoes, couldn't manage a hit, as i stayed outside detection range, and decided i'll be much more helpful to help cap bases to gain points in case our team starts to lose. If i knew it was such bad exp, i would have done a suicide run on some BBs or the CV.

i'm super super confused. I understand the other mode the points are harder and longer to cap, but the difference in exp makes no sense. 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

yeah ive noticed that as well gone around taken 4 caps by my self and got bottom of the list on the xp lol

He captured the base in standard mode, you captured 4 bases in Domination mode. It's different. In Standard mode, just finish capping means victory is your, but in Domination mode, domination point is everything.

Like the guy said, he got 80% of the capture point, in a standard mode battle. Means he is the one who contributed the most to the victory (by cap) to the team.

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I have noticed that too, heck in this game i fully capped 2 bases by myself and assisted in 4 base caps and it was only 1600 base xp and i am fairly sure 90% of that came from my 5 torpedo hits.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2icii0lhy1quz41/20150827_002449_PASD005-Farragut-1944_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

i was honestly expecting like 2800 base xp for this game, but yeah, turns out capping those bases only helps your team win, no xp for it, so there is a question of is this even worth doing haha.

Admitted if i did not cap those 6 bases we would have lost that match. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

He captured the base in standard mode, you captured 4 bases in Domination mode. It's different. In Standard mode, just finish capping means victory is your, but in Domination mode, domination point is everything.

Like the guy said, he got 80% of the capture point, in a standard mode battle. Means he is the one who contributed the most to the victory (by cap) to the team.

yes I understand what he was saying.

in standard mode when there is a red and green cap you get XP for capturing the enemy cap

when theres 1 white cap in the middle of the map you get XP for capturing it.

in domination mode when there are  a number of caps, like 3-5 you do not get XP for capturing them.

I have, in battles gone and taken 4 caps (out of 5) by myself in a DD and didn't get any kills or do damage etc for the battle and only got 178 XP for the game even tho taking the caps won us the battle, as we got the 1000 points required to win.

you would think by taking 4 caps in domination mode you would get lots of XP, but for some reason you don't get any XP for them and when u look at the after battle report where it tells u what damage you done etc the base capture points will say 0 even tho I got 4 bases by myself.

you would think u would receive 400 base capture points but it reads 0 and u get nothing for it. so that is a bit strange.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

yes I understand what he was saying.

in standard mode when there is a red and green cap you get XP for capturing the enemy cap

when theres 1 white cap in the middle of the map you get XP for capturing it.

in domination mode when there are  a number of caps, like 3-5 you do not get XP for capturing them.

I have, in battles gone and taken 4 caps (out of 5) by myself in a DD and didn't get any kills or do damage etc for the battle and only got 178 XP for the game even tho taking the caps won us the battle, as we got the 1000 points required to win.

you would think by taking 4 caps in domination mode you would get lots of XP, but for some reason you don't get any XP for them and when u look at the after battle report where it tells u what damage you done etc the base capture points will say 0 even tho I got 4 bases by myself.

you would think u would receive 400 base capture points but it reads 0 and u get nothing for it. so that is a bit strange.

In domination mode I see the "Assisted in base capture" notification but not in standard mode. It might be domination capture is not counted as capture points but does reward with a little xp. Standard game capture does show even if you have more than 1 ship in the base. 

Also, were you capturing the domination mode bases alone?

Base capture points might have been kept low in WOW's right from the start as it became a problem in WOT's. People would use base capture for stat padding but ruin the game for others by ending it early. Now base capture does not reward hat much anymore.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

In domination mode I see the "Assisted in base capture" notification but not in standard mode. It might be domination capture is not counted as capture points but does reward with a little xp. Standard game capture does show even if you have more than 1 ship in the base.

Also, were you capturing the domination mode bases alone?

Base capture points might have been kept low in WOW's right from the start as it became a problem in WOT's. People would use base capture for stat padding but ruin the game for others by ending it early. Now base capture does not reward hat much anymore.

yes, you get the "assisted in base capture" notification in domination mode, but at the end of the battle you get no XP for it and no "base capture" points for it when u look in the after battle report.

and in the other 2 modes you do get "capture" points for taking the enemy cap or the single cap as in the after battle report tells you how many "capture" points you got in helping to take the cap.

yeah I took 3 of the 4 bases by my self, so you would think I would receive 300+ "base capture" points but got nothing for it sadly :(

and me taking the 4 base helped the team win the battle.

well as far as I know, lots of players in WOT would get very annoyed when others would leave the cap and then lose because of the "KILL ALL" mentality of some players and end up losing battles because players wouldn't cap .

in this game the KILL ALL wont work because the ships are so slow and the fact it can take longer to kill the ships than kill tanks.

they have made this game about getting Damage and the more damage u do the more XP you get, but you don't get the XP if your team doesn't win.

but it would be nice to receive CAP points in Domination mode as well.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

you do get points for "base capture points reduced" in Domination mode, but you don't get points for capturing the base which is strange ???

so u get points for defending a base in domination mode, but u get no points for capturing a base in domination mode?

Sign in to follow this