You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Why does Iowa cost more than Montana?

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

The module prices on the high tier ships seems to be overly inflated to the point that the tier 9 ships actually cost several million more credits than the tier 10 ships do, for an example, Iowa cost 15.5 million credits and has 11.9 million credits worth of upgrades to put on the ship (because who is going to sail around in it stock right?) essentially making it a 27.4 million credit ship where Montana has a buying price of 20.8 million credits.

It is the same story with Izumo and Yamato, Izumo is essentially a 28.9 million credit ship where Yamato cost is 20.6 million credits.

Just curious as to what the reasoning was behind making it like this at high tiers? 

Surely the tier 9 ships including their upgrades should be at least 2 million credits less than the tier 10 ships no? 

It just makes no sense especially when you consider the price of those modules does not make the ships more valuable to sell. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

195 posts
356 battles

Coz WG. Duh.

To show people not to hang on to their tier 9s (Centurion 7/1, OP-75 to name a few) and to move up a tier to the same/better/worse tier 10? That"s my guess.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Shhhhh.......don't give any ideas to WG. Later on you will see tier 10 prices buffed to 30 million.

Hah, at 20 million I think I can safely say I'll never bother grinding to tier 10 in this game.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

WG clearly thinks that more expensive = more of the mad moniez, but this is the sort of stuff that ruins server population distribution, balance and so on.

72 posts
2,544 battles

Essentially there's an option to unlock but to not purchase those modules.

That's how money is made, by having money spent on converting Free XP lolol.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Essentially there's an option to unlock but to not purchase those modules.

That's how money is made, by having money spent on converting Free XP lolol.

But thats the thing, there is not even a point in converting free xp, why do that when all it means is you will unlock things you can not afford to buy haha? 

And it is not like a premium ship really helps, a good game in a ship like the Cleveland earns you just as much money as a good game in a ship like Atago. 

Honestly i am thinking about it and considering wargaming are not selling silver on the premium shop that tells me it was not a decision made specifically to make money so i wonder what their reasoning was. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

But thats the thing, there is not even a point in converting free xp, why do that when all it means is you will unlock things you can not afford to buy haha? 

And it is not like a premium ship really helps, a good game in a ship like the Cleveland earns you just as much money as a good game in a ship like Atago. 

Honestly i am thinking about it and considering wargaming are not selling silver on the premium shop that tells me it was not a decision made specifically to make money so i wonder what their reasoning was. 

I've wondered about the in-game value of premiums too.  In WoT the experience and credits bonus is really noticeable but thus far in WoWS I've been disappointed by what premiums return.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I've wondered about the in-game value of premiums too.  In WoT the experience and credits bonus is really noticeable but thus far in WoWS I've been disappointed by what premiums return.

It is honestly that un noticeable that i sold my 3 premium ships because i was making more money in Cleveland being that it is a much better ship than sims for an example, don't get me wrong sims was alright but its no cleveland when it comes to credit grinding, since that i have stayed away from the premiums, i figure Atago can not be much better, no way is it worth the $50 it cost to get maybe an extra 20k credits out of a battle considering its repair costs compared to a clevelands (Atago repair is around 100k, cleveland repair is around 30k) 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

From what i understand WG kept the xp gain of CBT but inflated the credit and xp cost.

Yup, XP & credit gain rate is still same. XP & credit cost are factored by 2 or 3 in OBT.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Hah, at 20 million I think I can safely say I'll never bother grinding to tier 10 in this game.

The refreshing thing out WoWS, unlike WoT, is I don't give a **** about grinding to a tier 10. I just enjoy where I'm at and what I'm playing.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

With the ship numbers being less at this time some people will grind through the tech trees fast and then have nothing to grind for, so I guess keeping the ships and modules expensive keeps players from going through trees in a few months. Modules are too expensive at the moment, so hopefully once the game goes live and there are more players, there will be discounted sales.