Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
coldbeer72

Have seen it all now.......

15 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,431 battles

Just witnessed a carrier actually CHASING a cruiser........damndest thing I have seen thus far in this game. Looked like was trying to ram it!

Has the X3 given everyone a dose of the "stupids" or what?

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Remember at the battle of Leyte gulf a CV with it's 5inch gun detonated the IJN heavy cruiser Choukai torpedo tube slowing it down enough for dive bombers to finish her off. 

Edited by Lupis

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Honestly, when a carrier is within range of a cruiser (or for that matter, any ship) and is either out of planes, or too far away from any support - the best thing to do is to charge straight at the attacking ship, constantly try to launch plane strikes at it, and hope that the secondaries can finish it off before it dies/it manages to ram (rather than just run and die anyway).

I've killed a Myougi with my Houshou this way before, for that matter. Gunned it down with my secondaries at ~2km range.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

Just witnessed a carrier actually CHASING a cruiser........damndest thing I have seen thus far in this game. Looked like was trying to ram it!

Has the X3 given everyone a dose of the "stupids" or what?

Probably ran out of planes.

Most of my ram kills are with my CVs actually... When I'm out of planes (US CV OP pls nerf) I YOLO my carrier out.

It helps draw fire away from dying BBs and CAs and if I can actually ram someone it turns the tides.

I am serious.

112 posts
1,431 battles

Well, I stand corrected then....:honoring:

He had plenty of planes left from what I could see.

The CA(Phoenix I think) did not even bother with torps, just finished off the first CV then turned and pounded this poor bugger with guns till the enevitable end.

Was an interesting match...I was in a St Louis....and got torp spammed a couple of minutes in and was first to die.

Didn't bother me though.....was flattered that the enemy saw me as such a threat:trollface:.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Remember at the battle of Leyte gulf a CV with it's 5inch gun detonated the IJN heavy cruiser Choukai torpedo tube slowing it down enough for dive bombers to finish her off. 

Actually, the USS White Plains hits Chokai, detonating her Long Lances, causing Chokai to drop out formation and later she was scuttled by the destroyer Fujinami.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Honestly, when a carrier is within range of a cruiser (or for that matter, any ship) and is either out of planes, or too far away from any support - the best thing to do is to charge straight at the attacking ship, constantly try to launch plane strikes at it, and hope that the secondaries can finish it off before it dies/it manages to ram (rather than just run and die anyway).

I've killed a Myougi with my Houshou this way before, for that matter. Gunned it down with my secondaries at ~2km range.

It's funny how accurate the secondary guns on CVs are when compared with those on BBs that can barely hit another BB at 3km, let alone a DD.

Because reasons, I imagine.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Well, I stand corrected then....:honoring:

He had plenty of planes left from what I could see.

The CA(Phoenix I think) did not even bother with torps, just finished off the first CV then turned and pounded this poor bugger with guns till the enevitable end.

Was an interesting match...I was in a St Louis....and got torp spammed a couple of minutes in and was first to die.

Didn't bother me though.....was flattered that the enemy saw me as such a threat:trollface:.

they did , most teams are stupid and go for easy kills 

Beta Tester
43 posts
156 battles

hmmm ... he must be a good driver to manage big slugish CV to ram a cruiser ..... 

No. No. No. You see young man I myself have a skippers ticket and spend plenty of time on the water. Its Either Captian for a small Boat or Helmsman for a large Boat... Never say "Driver" It really does tic us off. :izmena:

Sign in to follow this