Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
x1xReaverx1x

A couple of ideas

9 comments in this topic

Super Tester
197 posts
2,399 battles

Hey guys.  Just a couple of ideas for tuning the game and maybe solving some issues.

MINES-  random placement of mines along blue line.  You get warning that your vessel is entering a mine field 200 m away from blue line.  if you hit it, then every 10+1d20 seconds a mine floats into you for 3000 damage.

REMOVE MANUAL DROPS-  This sugestion will be contraversial. Increase the damage of each torpedo but also increase the distance between them, or make them fan out from drop site so they can be dodged, but when a hit is obtained, its more satisfying

INCREASE GUN DISPERSION ON CRUISERS-  This way BBs can have a decent duel because the cruisers miss just as much.  Balance is gun spam vs big gun punch.  besides a cruiser isn't meant to be able to slug it out with a BB one on one.  This will also increase the survivability of destroyers for they can dodge the spam a little better if it is more dispersed.

Thats all.  (gets flameproof suit on) :trollface:

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Hey guys.  Just a couple of ideas for tuning the game and maybe solving some issues.

MINES-  random placement of mines along blue line.  You get warning that your vessel is entering a mine field 200 m away from blue line.  if you hit it, then every 10+1d20 seconds a mine floats into you for 3000 damage.

REMOVE MANUAL DROPS-  This sugestion will be contraversial. Increase the damage of each torpedo but also increase the distance between them, or make them fan out from drop site so they can be dodged, but when a hit is obtained, its more satisfying

INCREASE GUN DISPERSION ON CRUISERS-  This way BBs can have a decent duel because the cruisers miss just as much.  Balance is gun spam vs big gun punch.  besides a cruiser isn't meant to be able to slug it out with a BB one on one.  This will also increase the survivability of destroyers for they can dodge the spam a little better if it is more dispersed.

Thats all.  (gets flameproof suit on) :trollface:

Mines: Oh god yes. plzzzzz.

Manual Trops: for planes or DD's? *either way NO* DD's especially USN are a pain to play as enough.

CA Gun Dispersion: ****************** again NO! how about BB dispersion get looked at instead?  (but yes if it's for IJN cruisers :trollface:)

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Mines yes, everything else I strongly disagree with 

Manual torpedo drops are hard enough as it is, try playing carriers before you suggest this again

Cruiser dispersion is unnecessary - they can easily be 1 shot by a decent salvo from any BB as they have the most vulnerable citadels to BB's

Beta Tester
43 posts
156 battles

I strongly disagree with this one... but i do happen to agree with the Rest, I guess if you mention this one you yourself must play BB's alot? yes? and no doubt get killed by Cruisers often... BB's are very good damage dealers using HE sorry i mean AP, If you are suggesting that... I'm guessing your Aim and Calculation is for speed and distance is very off.... Try play cruisers for abit, and then please do feel free to post your opinion again, you will see if you can get a good salvo on a cruiser you will no doubt sink them as Damage is good on BB though sadly with a long reload time... So just give it a try eh :P

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

There are much simpler blue line fixes than implementing mines which would be the equivalent of water in WoT, i.e. something for the cowardly to suicide with.

If manual drop for TB's is removed then auto drop should be set to the equivalent of a well placed manual drop, so that players of all skill levels have an equal opportunity to hit stuff.

Maybe a buff to BB dispersion would be preferable to a nerf for CA's. But I feel the problem is more that BB shots require skill more so than CA spam.

161 posts
5,905 battles

I would agree with if it's limited to CA with high RoF and at maximum range.

I'd rather BBs get less dispersion/more accuracy when versing other BBs, but when versuing anything else, it remains at the normal level.

I usually plays IJN BBs and I don't have that much problem with it dispersion/acc verses others BBs. If you mean at extream range dispersions then it's fine as it is, anymore and it'll be overdone.

Edited by HeidimarieW

Sign in to follow this