Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
elfking2000

Chinese tier 1 premium battleship

12 comments in this topic

8 posts
3,220 battles

Saw this post on the US WoW forums, liked it very much, so relay it here.  

the original post link is:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/40120-chinese-tier-1-premium-battleship/

"A brave man who loved his own but gave his life for an alien flag."

Philo McGiffen-Commander of Zhenyuan

1834 year of jiawu(ancient Chinese Sexagenary Cycle Calendar),the ancient country-China already cut herself off from outsides for hundreds of years,after The Napier Affair(William John Napier),China suffered a lot in next 60 years,this old country finally realized they need a powerful Navy to defend herself,and they have to open it's market to this world.The same thing happend to Japan in 1853,it's called Perry Expedition.Both China and Japan started to learn from their westen visitors.The creation of their morden Navy began almost at the same time.And of couse they can't build warships on their own at first,so they bought cruisers/destroyers/battleships all from Britain Germany and France.In 1881 Chinese government ordered two ironclad from Germany,named Dingyuan & Zhenyuan,they were protected by thick armor,which was considered to be able to resist any naval artillery at the time,two ships are the same,both completed in 1884,they were much more powerful than Japanese warships at that time.Two years later,August 1st 1886,the Qing Dynasty's Navy called the Beiyang Fleet paid a visit to Japan Nagasaki,when japanese saw those great war machines they considered China as their biggest threat.After that Japan made a big plan.

1894 another year of jiawu.The first sino-japanese war broke out.This was the first battle fought between warships of modern make.Dingyuan the flagship of Beiyang Fleet didn't last very long,on 5 February 1895,the Dingyuan was seriously damaged,captain Liu Buchan ordered the ship scuttled.Zhenyuan Captured by the Japanese after the Battle of Weihaiwei on 17 February 1895, Zhenyuan was taken as a prize of war.In 1904 she was relegated to the IJN 5th Fleet, and was successful in attacking Russian troop transports in Battle of Tsushima. Zhenyuan was sold for scrap on 6 April 1912, and scrapped in Yokohama in 1914.

dingyuan.jpg

Dingyuan

2014 year of jiawu again,a group of Chinese made a documentary about War of Jiawu (In Japan, it is called the Japan–Qing War),if you intrested in this China-Japan history and you understand Chinese language do check out China Central television's offical website ( hhpp://tv.cntv.cn/video/VSET100236516656/9c703f87ed2f4e0aaeea20b66484f36d )---please replace hhpp with http,because the system doesn't alow me to post a link of this documentary.

armament:
2 x twin 305mm breech loading guns
2 x single 150mm breech loading guns
6 x single 37mm guns
3 x torpedo tubes

more characteristics please see Wikipedia  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_ironclad_Zhenyuan

Added 2 pics of a model of this ship I made many years ago. (thank Lupis, for the advise)

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

Edited by elfking2000

8 posts
3,220 battles

I made a model of this ship some 20 years ago, (how can I upload pics here?) if they make this one a premium ship, as that two Russian premium ships, I certainly will buy one.

1,230 posts
2,389 battles

Wow, really interesting ship

I made a model of this ship some 20 years ago, (how can I upload pics here?) if they make this one a premium ship, as that two Russian premium ships, I certainly will buy one.

Upload it to imgur, then get the pic link, copy it, then return to the forums, find the picture icon, click it, paste the URL then click done

104 posts
12,492 battles

go to imgur.com upload your pic and paste here

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Don't recall WG has ever made a tier one premium before. Even if this ship is within the game's time period, it will probably appear as a Japanese premium because there aren't enough ships for a Chinese tech tree. And I honestly feel that WG should focus on enhancing the American and Japanese trees first, while continuing development of the German, Russian and British before moving on to the rest, and by that I mean the French and Italian.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Well then it's a definite no. Ironclads would not fit the game's time frame or general concept. It has to be at least dreadnought, though few exceptions like the Mikasa (which is a pre-dreadnought) are possible.

Sign in to follow this