You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

baltimore

68 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

Precisely.

You NEVER played any carrier and therefore any input you have towards any carrier whatsoever is invalid. Manual Drops are here to stay.

Meanwhile, I have played Carriers. My input is therefore valid. And it is my input that IJN CVs be buffed because they are clearly "underperforming"

You see the problem with using your logic?

:teethhappy:as said ive not complained about carriers or manual drops at all just about dropping torps so close to islands as said 1m from the land shouldn't happen as torp bombers should have to do a torpedo run

ive never said carriers are OP at all but the stats do say carriers do most of the damage at all tier levels except maybe Langley? so your argument is really invalid because ive not once said to you or any other carrier player how to play the ship or "git gud" or you doing it wrongly" ive never said they are OP either .

yeah sure your a carrier player your imput is valid but why say it needs a buff when the stats clearly say the carrier is fine as it does most damage at tier 7??

well at tier 9 and 10 the American carriers do seem to be doing more damage than the IJN but the rest of the tiers the IJN seem to have the edge over the American carriers.

the Baltimore is the worst performing ship at tier 9, the stats also say this and if there wasn't a problem with the ship then players wouldn't be complaining about it.

Edited by yobbo1972

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,459 posts
7,815 battles

How dense can you be?

Fine. I'll spell it out for you.

The Baltimore DOES NOT need a buff. You WANT a buff. But it DOES NOT need a buff.

Nearly all your threads follow this pattern.

I'm a baddie in [insert Game].

But I don't want to admit I'm a baddie...

I want the [insert class] buffed while [insert rival class] must be nerfed because [irrelevant reasons],

Anyone who disagrees with me is a [insert insults] and are self-righteous and only plays [insert rival class] to boost [insert arbitrary stats].

Stop attacking me because you know I [insert reasons why I'm better i.e. (I have to work and not rot away in front of a computer screen)].

No I don't want to learn the game mechanics or get gud. I want my [insert class] to be buffed because they are underperforming.

• Cool 2

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

How dense can you be?

The Baltimore DOES NOT need a buff. You WANT a buff. But it DOES NOT need a buff.

I want the [insert class] buffed while [insert rival class] must be nerfed because [irrelevant reasons],

Anyone who disagrees with me is a [insert insults] and are self-righteous and only plays [insert rival class] to boost [insert arbitrary stats].

Stop attacking me because you know I [insert reasons why I'm better i.e. (I have to work and not rot away in front of a computer screen)].

No I don't want to learn the game mechanics or get gud. I want my [insert class] to be buffed because they are underperforming.

lol  :P:child:

the stats say it needs a buff can you not see the comment where the stats say its the worst performing ship at tier 9 lol and until the stats say different then I will keep saying it needs one, as do other players who have played the ship, and until YOU get to the ship and play it your self and get a + win rate in it then you can  come back here and say it doesn't need a buff. and ive not once said anything about any ship needing a nerf so again get ya facts straight lol.

NO im not a baddie at all my stats say im not a Baddie and when you play at the higher tiers we will see how you go as well.

and no ive not insulted you but looks like my comments have hit a raw nerve with you :popcorn:

and I am learning the game that's why im playing it and playing higher tiers to see what ships are good what ones are bad and again the stats say the Baltimore is underperforming and not because players are bad In it and again ill wait for you to get the ship and see how you perform in it, then you can tell me "im doing it wrong" and "git gud" and it "doesn't need a buff"

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

Fun Fact: Most super testers were picked after we went into CBT, the Baltimoist was balanced during alpha!!

Leng that was because of the alpha armour values that did pretty much nothing, it was balanced for a while in CBT as well because of that (Remember how every ship basically had glass armour and CA and CL constantly citadel hit BB's?) 

When they changed that they failed to buff really any of the CA's, Ibuki and Mogami could probably use a buff as well, for them i would probably give them better camo or maneuverability. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

[PBKAC]
1,054 posts
3,923 battles

Fun fact : we should never abandon your division mates just as we loaded into a game. :)

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

How dense can you be?

Death lets use that argument on me, 

It is quite well known that i was one of the best Baltimore players on the server during CBT, i held that number 1 spot on the hall of fame right up until the last two weeks of testing so i think it is safe to say my opinion on the ship is not because i can not play the thing...

4zHbvwe.jpg

So considering i got gud in it why do i still feel like it is under powered? 

Seriously man the citadel in Balti is huge so you can only really ever keep 6 guns on target (have to keep it pointing toward the enemy) if you want to stay alive in it, combine that with the fact that it has no tricks up its sleeve in the way of torpedoes like the Ibuki which has a similar play style when using its guns and you essentially have an Ibuki without torpedoes... 

Imagine that wargaming decide to remove the torpedoes from Ibuki while giving Baltimore Torpedoes, Would you say Ibuki is under powered in that scenario? 

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
1,643 posts
5,039 battles

Of course the Ibuki would be underpowered; you didn't give the Ibuki Baltimore's AA system.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

I love how all of the people commenting in this thread are saying the OP is the problem not Baltimore....

Not one of you actually have the baltimore, heck i knew you all in CBT and none of you had it back then either, know what this tells me? 

None of you deserve an opinion on this subject except for the OP because guess what? 

He actually owns a Baltimore and has actually played it before so his opinion on what it is like actually matters.

Just because someone has played something doesn't mean they have half clue on how balance works, just as you don't have to play something to know if it's good or not, some of the OP's points are valid, some are not, but none were made due to do an understanding of the actual state of balance, but because the OP is simply bad, which is true for all of the OP's other complaint threads.

It is the same group of people that do it, Anime avatar normally means "i will disagree with everything you say because no one can question my autism here muahahaha" 

Honestly that's total bullshit, an anime avatar is someone expressing their interests, just as yours represents your interest in Mass Effect, and has pretty much nothing to do with quality of posts.

Having said that the Baltimore is UP, as are most heavy cruisers because of the awful rock-paper-scissors way the devs have attempted to balance the game, which simply isn't working (a look at the SEA server's stats can tell you this, some classes are clearly far better than others).

Edited by _Storm
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

Just because someone has played something doesn't mean they have half clue on how balance works, just as you don't have to play something to know if it's good or not, some of the OP's points are valid, some are not, but none were made due to do an understanding of the actual state of balance, but because the OP is simply bad, which is true for all of the OP's other complaint threads.

Id beg to differ, i would not trust someones opinion on the e100 for an example if they had never played it before, playing something and fighting something are completely different things. Though true the OP was making points without thinking people were only having a go at his complaints because

A. He was the one who made the post 

B. Because of his stats.

and C. Because his OP was not very well thought out, it was really more complaining than trying to discuss a solution to a problem.

And honestly, i do not think any of those three reasons are good enough reasons to decide "If someone like this says something it must be wrong" so half the forum jumps on a band wagon to attack the OP and disagree with everything they say even if what they were saying is actually true, that is just senseless. 

Honestly that's total bullshit, an anime avatar is someone expressing their interests, just as yours represents your interest in Mass Effect, and has prettyh nothing to do with quality of posts.

I am not even going to touch that conversation with a 10ft pole, I will just say you are probably right and my dislike toward the anime crowd is mostly unjustified.

Having said that the Baltimore is UP, as are most heavy cruisers because of the awful rock-paper-scissors way the devs have attempted to balance the game, which simply isn't working (a look at the SEA server's stats can tell you this, some classes are clearly far better than others).

Glad we agree. 

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

yes I know I was a bit blunt with my post and straight to the point about how bad the ship is in my opinion and what it needs to improve it a little.

and yes the E100 is a great tank :honoring: im happy with my 57% win rate in it lol

91 posts
7,171 battles

Guys, I have the ship with fully upgraded modules and equipment, I also have over 100k exp in this ship and I must say it's underpowered compared to tier 7 8 9 IJN CA (I also have Zao by the way), everything in this ship is just meh, except for AA capability. I always feel disappointed whenever I see no CV in the match :(

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

Well you going to be very disappointed if you get to the Des Moines, as the AA on the ship is now really bad at tier 10, compared to what it was like in closed beta testing.

In fact the ship is really bad now unlike in CBT, it was just about best ship in CBT now its worthless.

In my opinion anyways, the Zao is a much better tier 10 but I think the tier 10 cruisers need a HP buff.

Beta Tester
9 posts
922 battles

I am performing very well with this ship. Have finally upgraded all modules also. Incredibly devastating guns with AP. Incredible. 

I've taken maximum range mods so I shoot out to 18.1k. Yes, I take gun fire control system 1 and gun fire control system 2. 

I play like a dd hunter / sniper. I pepper BBS at range with my HE and set plenty of fires. For captain skills I have 11 points. 

I take, basic fire training, situation awareness, expert marksman, superintendant and demolition expert. Anti air is adequate for screening (obviously not fantastic, but good enough) and time my defensive fire only for torpedo bombers. Again I will say AA is adequate for self defence and screening. But I play my cruiser like a DD. Surface detectability is only 11.3k's. This will allows me to put a tonne of fire on out of position ships and at the same time dodge and weave away due to the range of my guns. 

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee. That's how you play this ship.