You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

baltimore

68 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

I'd like to hope that isn't the case. But with what you put it does make sense with certain users actions.

Just watch some of the common posters, They go onto threads and make it into a problem, even if the OP was just asking a general query, 9 times out of 10 when they do it they have no place having an opinion on what ever topic yet they will still be there 50 posts later having a go. (Normally the nay sayers in a thread have never played the ship that is being discussed for an example, like this thread where the only person who owns a Baltimore is the OP.) 

They are either really good trolls or just have really severe cases of unrestricted autism. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
856 posts
818 battles

Just watch some of the common posters, They go onto threads and make it into a problem, even if the OP was just asking a general query, 9 times out of 10 when they do it they have no place having an opinion on what ever topic yet they will still be there 50 posts later having a go. (Normally the nay sayers in a thread have never played the ship that is being discussed for an example, like this thread where the only person who owns a Baltimore is the OP.) 

They are either really good trolls or just have really severe cases of unrestricted autism. 

They may also just have a thing against USN ships or it's userbase?
Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

They may also just have a thing against USN ships or it's userbase?

Nah that does not seem to be the case imo they are just trolling.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

I love how all of the people commenting in this thread are saying the OP is the problem not Baltimore....

Not one of you actually have the baltimore, heck i knew you all in CBT and none of you had it back then either, know what this tells me?

None of you deserve an opinion on this subject except for the OP because guess what?

He actually owns a Baltimore and has actually played it before so his opinion on what it is like actually matters.

Seriously i do not get it, none of you have ever played the Baltiworst so why do any of you try to have an opinion on it?

Stop it.

FYI Yobbo as someone who has actually played this ship i agree with you completely, compared to Mogami and Ibuki Baltimore is a bloody joke, it has less DPM than both ships without the added bonus of torpedoes with the huge citadel size to boot.

There is nothing going for Baltimore except for the ok AA cover, to be competitive it needs a 6 rounds per minute rate of fire or at the least a velocity buff on its shells.

:) your the man :honoring:

yes too many people make comments when they haven't even played the ship.

until then don't comment.

im not a noob player ive been playing WOT for a long time and im a good player as well, so I do have some idea of what is good and what is bad game wise and yes I played the ibuki in CBT and think it could do with more HP as well.

thank you for your comments Fear The Reaper .

[ZUIUN]
Alpha Tester
466 posts

I love how all of the people commenting in this thread are saying the OP is the problem not Baltimore....

Not one of you actually have the baltimore, heck i knew you all in CBT and none of you had it back then either, know what this tells me? 

None of you deserve an opinion on this subject except for the OP because guess what? 

He actually owns a Baltimore and has actually played it before so his opinion on what it is like actually matters.

Seriously i do not get it, none of you have ever played the Baltiworst so why do any of you try to have an opinion on it? 

Stop it.  

FYI Yobbo as someone who has actually played this ship i agree with you completely, compared to Mogami and Ibuki Baltimore is a bloody joke, it has less DPM than both ships without the added bonus of torpedoes with the huge citadel size to boot.

There is nothing going for Baltimore except for the ok AA cover, to be competitive it needs a 6 rounds per minute rate of fire or at the least a velocity buff on its shells.

This isn't the first time the OP started a whine thread. The more you whine, the community will take you less seriously. WG has never buffed/nerfed vehicles based on player opinion. Majority have complained about the Pz II J for ages, but it was never nerfed. I actually admire players who complain (even if it's detailed and constructive), but unless you're an expert or have direct contact with a WG developer any complaints will only fall on deaf ears. Did you really think the upcoming Czechoslovak and Swedish tanks were only because someone suggested them on the WoT forum? If you don't like the ship then don't play it. Simple as that.
Edited by Nikolaevna

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

well the game is still in testing stage and if u don't complain or don't play the ships then WG wont get the stats they need to see what is bad and what is good and those players who know a ship is bad and just throw money at the game to skip the bad ships are doing what WG want them to do.

WG is a business they make a product that they want the consumer to buy and if the consumer is buying what they sell then WG wont change anything but just like any product if consumers don't buy it then the business either fails or closes it doors or they will have to change the product to what the consumer want to buy .

the big thing about this game so far is that WG wants you to spend money on converting Free  XP

213 posts
4,335 battles

Statistically Baltimore is the worst Tier IX

Asia Stats from early Aug:

7w03fiB.png

Having said that, there are so few players that have got to the high tiers the stats are really meaningless in the high tiers.

Under 10,000 games at tier IX (0.23% of all games). I can't imagine WG is getting enough data to balance the high tiers properly. Maybe they need to reduce needed to grind high tier ships temporarily. They can reset and then give back XP afterwards.

(......and then we could watch these forums explode with hate....:hiding:)

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Having said that, there are so few players that have got to the high tiers the stats are really meaningless in the high tiers.

Under 10,000 games at tier IX (0.23% of all games). I can't imagine WG is getting enough data to balance the high tiers properly. Maybe they need to reduce needed to grind high tier ships temporarily. They can reset and then give back XP afterwards.

(......and then we could watch these forums explode with hate....:hiding:)

Some good points there G_R; I always like stats and graphs being an analyst by trade (so I'll confess to bias, lol).

Quite right about the numbers playing. Personally I'd have no issue at all with them increasing rewards from tiers 7-9 and doing another wipe.

The difficulty they face is people get tired of grinding up the same old ships on the same old maps. WG doesn't offer anything else, so they don't exactly want to highlight that or people might engage their critical thinking skills and ask why they're doing it and, particularly, why they're PAYING to do it. WoT is the same after 5 years, so WG's answer there is simply to pile in more and more absurd/fictional vehicles.

SO if they get more people to those tiers more quickly to get data, they've got a problem asking everyone to do it again.

What they COULD do is give everyone all the ships of a tier, or certain ships in a tier, and make them available for a week. At the end, you lose the ships and experience BUT you get to keep the captains as a 'reward'. They'd probably have to tinker with the economy of those ships and ONLY those ships so people aren't losing tons. Hell, done properly, they could get a ton of games played in them and a player base who got a taste of what to come PLUS some free commanders PLUS some extra CR. Or variations on that.

Nah, too imaginative, won't happen, LOL. They pushed the game into 'start buying stuff now and no wipes' too soon IMO.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

Some good points there G_R; I always like stats and graphs, being an analyst by trade so I'll confess to bias, lol.

Quite right about the numbers playing. Personally I'd have no issue at all with them increasing rewards from tiers 7-9 and doing another wipe.

The difficulty they face is people get tired of grinding up the same old ships on the same old maps. WG doesn't offer anything else, so they don't exactly want to highlight that or people might engage their critical thinking skills and ask why they're doing it and, particularly, why they're PAYING to do it. WoT is the same after 5 years, so WG's answer there is simply to pile in more and more absurd/fictional vehicles.

SO if they get more people to those tiers more quickly to get data, they've got a problem asking everyone to do it again.

What they COULD do is give everyone all the ships of a tier, or certain ships in a tier, and make them available for a week. At the end, you lose the ships and experience BUT you get to keep the captains as a 'reward'. They'd probably have to tinker with the economy of those ships and ONLY those ships so people aren't losing tons. Hell, done properly, they could get a ton of games played in them and a player base who got a taste of what to come PLUS some free commanders PLUS some extra CR. Or variations on that.

Nah, too imaginative, won't happen, LOL. They pushed the game into 'start buying stuff now and no wipes' too soon IMO.

Considering im at tier 8 in two tech trees atm i am 100% against the idea of increasing xp and then wiping everyones ships again haha

[REPOI]
1,643 posts
5,039 battles

Considering that most of the people who commented on the forums are CBTs, closed alphas and supertesters, where the first two stats have already been wiped, and the latter is hidden...perhaps you shouldn't dismiss them so quickly.

Edited by Haku

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Incidentally,  there IS one failing in assuming people have to have played a ship in order to comment on it.

Just because I mightn't have played a ship, I very well might have opposed them often enough to have an opinion on how I rate them as a foe. Indeed it's possible some people might think something is awful to play while others will say "what are you talking about, I hate facing that thing when I play xyz".

Playing a ship gives a certain perspective. Playing against it gives another. Both are valid, but different.

I think the bigger issue is the WAY in which the comments are made. To be fair, however, poorly written rants tend not to be received well.

A person genuinely concerned they're playing a lemmon might be better served writing a post that says words to the effect of "Hey, I have this ship and I think it's a bit of a dog for these reasons. Who else has one, and what do they think of it? How are their results? How about people who fight against this ship, what do they think?".  A poll could be included, too.

That invites discussion, which is bound to be more productive. If people jump in and write L2P etc then they can be told, correctly, they're doing nothing to further the discussion.

In other words, make the thread a discussion of a ship, NOT a discussion of how somebody writes about it.

p.s. FtR, you play so many battles a wipe would be good for you because we'll get another "I'm bored" or whatever posts soon, LOL (if it's not clear, I'm teasing, not being entirely serious).

Besides, if they wiped they could return everything up to 'x' tier. or everything earned that was NOT a result of any changes they made to a specific tier/ship. For example, they could greatly reduce the requirements to earn a certain ship so people could get IT much faster, but nothing else.

Remember us having a discussion about how the last wipe was fair due to the greatly increased rewards that applied across the board? Well, WG could greatly reduce the exp required to get a single ship, or a few, and then only wipe the progress on THAT line(s) and give back the total exp earned ON that line. Once the rewards are back to normal for that line, people would be able to repurchase whatever ship that amount of exp would have earned them without the deflated costs that applied at the time.

If it's not clear what I mean, imagine if they made the tier 7-8-9 USN CAs require only 20k exp to unlock. So you could get to the tier 9 with only 60k exp. After the 'test', WG would return the 60k (plus whatever you earned playing them) and put the research costs back to normal. Now you might only have enough to go from tier 7 to 8, or even be only part way through 7.

There'd be no need to affect any other ships.

Edited by Steeltrap
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

Incidentally,  there IS one failing in assuming people have to have played a ship in order to comment on it.

Just because I mightn't have played a ship, I very well might have opposed them often enough to have an opinion on how I rate them as a foe. Indeed it's possible some people might think something is awful to play while others will say "what are you talking about, I hate facing that thing when I play xyz".

Playing a ship gives a certain perspective. Playing against it gives another. Both are valid, but different.

I think the bigger issue is the WAY in which the comments are made. To be fair, however, poorly written rants tend not to be received well.

A person genuinely concerned they're playing a lemmon might be better served writing a post that says words to the effect of "Hey, I have this ship and I think it's a bit of a dog for these reasons. Who else has one, and what do they think of it? How are their results? How about people who fight against this ship, what do they think?".  A poll could be included, too.

That invites discussion, which is bound to be more productive. If people jump in and write L2P etc then they can be told, correctly, they're doing nothing to further the discussion.

In other words, make the thread a discussion of a ship, NOT a discussion of how somebody writes about it.

p.s. FtR, you play so many battles a wipe would be good for you because we'll get another "I'm bored" or whatever posts soon, LOL (if it's not clear, I'm teasing, not being entirely serious).

Besides, if they wiped they could return everything up to 'x' tier. or everything earned that was NOT a result of any changes they made to a specific tier/ship. For example, they could greatly reduce the requirements to earn a certain ship so people could get IT much faster, but nothing else.

Remember us having a discussion about how the last wipe was fair due to the greatly increased rewards that applied across the board? Well, WG could greatly reduce the exp required to get a single ship, or a few, and then only wipe the progress on THAT line(s) and give back the total exp earned ON that line. Once the rewards are back to normal for that line, people would be able to repurchase whatever ship that amount of exp would have earned them without the deflated costs that applied at the time.

If it's not clear what I mean, imagine if they made the tier 7-8-9 USN CAs require only 20k exp to unlock. So you could get to the tier 9 with only 60k exp. After the 'test', WG would return the 60k (plus whatever you earned playing them) and put the research costs back to normal. Now you might only have enough to go from tier 7 to 8, or even be only part way through 7. There'd be no need to affect any other ships.

To be fair you are not wrong i know it happens purely because most of the time posts like these are not well thought out (i assume most are generally written within 5 minutes of having a string of bad games in a certain ship leaving people in a bad mood, normally why these posts seem to go though so many edits haha!) 

Still everyone is in the wrong really, should just throw a really good argument at them that completely deconstructs the original posters or just say nothing and move along, heck ill admit even i need to do that a lot of the time, i probably should have done the latter when i came across this thread lol. 

Anywho on the topic of that wipe, Probably a better idea would to be just let people play the ships in co op from the tech trees as a "test drive" 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

I have played baltimore alot.  I've played the USN CA/CL line alot.  I know how to play both CA's and CL's in all their differing roles.  And i've played OP CV's alot, so now you know I also understand how the AA game works.  Good, now let's stop using childish arguement tricks that attack the source rather than the information provided by the source.

Now, baltimore is without a doubt horrible relative to other ships it's same tier and even a few below.  Some people will defend the ship and say it's not bad because it shoots planes blah blah, and they would be half right.  It's bad because that's all it can do.  Which might be ok if it truly was a wonder ship that could protect your bb's from torpedo's being launcher, but rather comically it's core aa dps range has ben put at 3.5km.  So most plane kills scored by the baltimore are just cleaning up after the horrific damage has already been done.

And if anyone still disbelieves how bad this ship is, hard stats can be used to shut them up.

Edited by elodea

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,459 posts
7,816 battles

Is FtR trying to shove his superior ways down our throats again?

• Cool 3

[REPOI]
1,643 posts
5,039 battles

I have played baltimore alot.  I've played the USN CA/CL line alot.  I know how to play both CA's and CL's in all their differing roles.  And i've played OP CV's alot, so now you know I also understand how the AA game works.  Good, now let's stop using childish arguement tricks that attack the source rather than the information provided by the source.

It's not that. Many of the "trolls" are supertesters, or alpha testers, or closed beta testers. STs and alpha testers have access to high-tier ships. We learnt how to play the ships eventually, and so when someone comes in saying that the ship is "completely rubbish", we will scoff at the person's claims and add that they don't know how to play their ships. Most of us do know what we're talking about when we say "get gud" or "you're using it wrongly".

I tune out what he says naturally by now.
Edited by Haku

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

It's not that. Many of the "trolls" are supertesters, or alpha testers, or closed beta testers. STs and alpha testers have access to high-tier ships. We learnt how to play the ships eventually, and so when someone comes in saying that the ship is "completely rubbish", we will scoff at the person's claims and add that they don't know how to play their ships. Most of us do know what we're talking about when we say "get gud" or "you're using it wrongly".

I tune out what he says naturally by now.

ok then how do you play the Baltimore then when the rest of your team is totally hopeless ?

how do you use the Baltimore correctly ?

and considering the stats for the Baltimore is the worst at tier 9 for current ships over all??

I also see you have not yet used the Baltimore in OBT

Edited by yobbo1972

[BRU]
Super Tester_
1,689 posts

well he OWNS the thing and that owning the thing automatically gives one the right to say if its bad or not without the overwhelming majority that may voice out their own because of the assumption that one is the ONLY one that reaches said ship.

but that aside, I slugged with a Baltimore and on the damn Tirpitz for that matter and aside from the unusually high arc, she can dish out reasonable pummeling.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

so all you players who say "git gud" or " you are using it wrongly"

how about you actually get the ships first and then when you have a winning % in that ship, then come onto the forums and say "get gud" and "your using it wrongly"

because there's no point in saying that when you don't have proof to back up your claims that its not the ship but the player who is playing it wrong cuz so far not one of u has the ship in OBT

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,459 posts
7,816 battles

so all you players who say "git gud" or " you are using it wrongly"

how about you actually get the ships first and then when you have a winning % in that ship, then come onto the forums and say "get gud" and "your using it wrongly"

because there's no point in saying that when you don't have proof to back up your claims that its not the ship but the player who is playing it wrong cuz so far not one of u has the ship in OBT

By that logic I demand my Hiryu to be buffed.

You havent played that ship so you have no proof to back up your claims that the Hiryu is OP since you dont have it.

btw for those who keep saying *HURR DURR YOU HAVENT PLAY THIS SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA"

By that logic most can not judge whether the T-54 is OP or not and does not need a nerf.

Fun fact. Most of the SuperTesters who here probably had a hand in balancing your Baltimoists.

Edited by Deathskyz
  • Cool 3

[SIF]
[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,680 posts

You havent played that ship so you have no proof to back up your claims that the Hiryu is OP since you dont have it.

btw for those who keep saying *HURR DURR YOU HAVENT PLAY THIS SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA"

By that logic most can not judge whether the T-54 is OP or not and does not need a nerf.

Fun fact. Most of the SuperTesters who here probably had a hand in balancing your Baltimoists.

Fun Fact: Most super testers were picked after we went into CBT, the Baltimoist was balanced during alpha!!
  • Cool 2

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,459 posts
7,816 battles

Fun Fact: Most super testers were picked after we went into CBT, the Baltimoist was balanced during alpha!!

Fun Fact. Where Tirpitz?

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

ive never played any carrier in this game hence why I don't comment on them or say they are OP or need a nerf or Buff or anything like that at all. the only thing I have complained about the carriers is when torpedo bomber drop their torps so close to islands like 1m from the land it self other than that I haven't complained about them at all and do u have stats to back up your claim that the Hiryu needs a buff? do you have a really low win rate in that ship?

according to the stats the Hiryu has most damage for tier 7 ships so your claim that it needs a buff is really silly and all you done with your "logic" is make yourself look silly with  your comment :popcorn:

if the super testers have had a hand in the balance in the Baltimore then I be happy to hear their imput about why the ship is as bad as it is or how best to play it cuz so far no one can say how best to play this ship as none of u have played it in OBT???:honoring:

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,459 posts
7,816 battles

I've never played any carrier in this game hence why I don't comment on them or say they are OP or need a nerf or Buff or anything like that at all. the only thing I have complained about the carriers is when torpedo bomber drop their torps so close to islands like 1m from the land it self other than that I haven't complained about them at all and do u have stats to back up your claim that the Hiryu needs a buff? do you have a really low win rate in that ship?

According to the stats the Hiryu has most damage for tier 7 ships so your claim that it needs a buff is really silly and all you done with your "logic" is make yourself look silly with  your comment :popcorn:

If the super testers have had a hand in the balance in the Baltimore then I be happy to hear their imput about why the ship is as bad as it is or how best to play it cuz so far no one can say how best to play this ship as none of u have played it in OBT???:honoring:

Precisely.

You NEVER played any carrier and therefore any input you have towards any carrier whatsoever is invalid. Manual Drops are here to stay.

Meanwhile, I have played Carriers. My input is therefore valid. And it is my input that IJN CVs be buffed because they are clearly "underperforming"

You see the problem with using your logic?

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,625 posts
16,574 battles

one thing I have noticed with this ship, is that when u come up against other American low tier cruisers tiers 6-8 then you go straight at them, get as close as u can to them and kill them with AP and keep the bow of your ship pointed at them

sadly you cant do that to the IJN cruisers because of the torpedos and that's when u lose out

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,459 posts
7,816 battles

one thing I have noticed with this ship, is that when u come up against other American low tier cruisers tiers 6-8 then you go straight at them, get as close as u can to them and kill them with AP and keep the bow of your ship pointed at them

sadly you cant do that to the IJN cruisers because of the torpedos and that's when u lose out

IMO in my Colorado I rather face a IJN CA than a USN CA. They dont bring all hell with them.