You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

baltimore

68 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Baltimore has to be the worst tier 9 ship in the game, well worst ship in the game not just at tier 9

the HP is way to low for a tier 9 ship, 40K HP is not enough for a tier 9 ship  considering a Iowa BB has 79K,the guns are total rubbish as u cant hit anything or do much damage at all in this ship, as it is so easy to dodge the shells cuz of the high arc and cuz they move so slow through the air.

lower tier ships totally  take this ship apart even tier 6 BB own this ship, 2 to 3  hits and ya dead

all ships from tier 7 and above out gun this ship .

this ship needs faster loading guns higher damage guns and between 50-60K HP points cuz 42k is way to low for a tier 9 ship (Iowa 79K) even with the repair of ya HP it is still the worst ship in the game

2 hits from a tier 6-7 BB and this ship battle is over as u lose 80-90% of your HP with 2 shells

total rubbish ship needs a very big buff

195 posts
356 battles

For you it's "that ship" in the line, i.e. the worst ship ever. It's a des moines, but slightly worse. Get Gud. It may also be mentionable that a ship in the class was called the Albany, perhaps after the disaster of the tier 2 freemium ship?

1,230 posts
2,378 battles

Baltimore has to be the worst tier 9 ship in the game, well worst ship in the game not just at tier 9

the HP is way to low for a tier 9 ship, 40K HP is not enough for a tier 9 ship  considering a Iowa BB has 79K,the guns are total rubbish as u cant hit anything or do much damage at all in this ship, as it is so easy to dodge the shells cuz of the high arc and cuz they move so slow through the air.

lower tier ships totally  take this ship apart even tier 6 BB own this ship, 2 to 3  hits and ya dead

this ship needs faster loading guns higher damage guns and between 50-60K HP points cuz 42k is way to low for a tier 9 ship (Iowa 79K) even with the repair of ya HP it is still the worst ship in the game

2 hits from a tier 6-7 BB and this ship battle is over as u lose 80-90% of your HP with 2 shells

total rubbish ship needs a very big buff

Really?, No u just dont know how to angle your armour, and how to postion urself

195 posts
356 battles

Somehow (from his namesake), I don't believe he was born in 1972.

The Baltimore isn't bad, as I said before, it's a des moines at tier 9. And that things amazing.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

how about ibuki? it has less hitpoints than baltimore, fires slower than baltimore and has less guns than baltimore.

only difference is it has torpedoes. US bias.....nerf US ships.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

how about ibuki? it has less hitpoints than baltimore, fires slower than baltimore and has less guns than baltimore.

only difference is it has torpedoes. US bias.....nerf US ships.

What less guns? Ibuki has 10 while "Bald"timore has 9.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Somehow (from his namesake), I don't believe he was born in 1972.

The Baltimore isn't bad, as I said before, it's a des moines at tier 9. And that things amazing.

well u haven't even played the Baltimore so once u have played it then come back see what you think of it

and if u played it in CBT then that doesn't count because OBT is so different

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

This isn't the OP's first whining thread and it won't be the last. If you're unhappy with a ship, either play PvE or sell it. Don't feed the troll.

looking at your stats page u haven't even played any ships since OBT started other than the 2 ships u got for testing

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Really?, No u just dont know how to angle your armour, and how to postion urself

well considering you haven't even got past tier 5 in OBT because the high tiers are not yet balanced I think you once said in another post ?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

we all know the game is still in testing

so unless players complain about things, then nothing will get changed or fixed or balanced for the game.

so if you are only here to shoot down other players post because they are complaining about the game cuz u have nothing better to do then don't read the forums

and if u have not played the ships your self that players are complaining about then since OBT started then don't come on to the forums and complain about other people who are trying to get adjustments to the game play.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

You're comparing a CA's HP pool to a BB's HP pool. Obviously its different . Tier 6 BB's ripping the Baltimore's armor is usual. Their gun caliber is sufficient to do so. Learn to maneuver in order to angle your ship's armor and doge incoming shells ( since your'e in a cruiser, the maneuverability is excellent.)

Again comparing the HP of a CA to a BB, the Ibuki at the same tier has 49Kish HP compared to the Baltimore so you technically have a HP advantage there against the IJN CA counterpart in tier 9. Not to mention better armor than the Ibuki, and you don't hv that giant citadel like the Ibuki  . Faster loading guns? you can shoot like like 4.6 shots per minute  ( 0.6 seconds more than the Ibuki ) which is around 13 secs of reload. That's fast enough for a CA .

195 posts
356 battles

You don't neccesary need to play a ship to understand how it works; you can watch guides, read them, or come up with an opinion yourself by checking them out ingame (i.e. battle or port).

P.S. I wonder how far the forum botting has come. Surely not this far?

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I love how all of the people commenting in this thread are saying the OP is the problem not Baltimore....

Not one of you actually have the baltimore, heck i knew you all in CBT and none of you had it back then either, know what this tells me? 

None of you deserve an opinion on this subject except for the OP because guess what? 

He actually owns a Baltimore and has actually played it before so his opinion on what it is like actually matters.

Seriously i do not get it, none of you have ever played the Baltiworst so why do any of you try to have an opinion on it? 

Stop it.  

FYI Yobbo as someone who has actually played this ship i agree with you completely, compared to Mogami and Ibuki Baltimore is a bloody joke, it has less DPM than both ships without the added bonus of torpedoes with the huge citadel size to boot.

There is nothing going for Baltimore except for the ok AA cover, to be competitive it needs a 6 rounds per minute rate of fire or at the least a velocity buff on its shells.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I love how all of the people commenting in this thread are saying the OP is the problem not Baltimore....

Not one of you actually have the baltimore, heck i knew you all in CBT and none of you had it back then either, know what this tells me? 

None of you deserve an opinion on this subject except for the OP because guess what? 

He actually owns a Baltimore and has actually played it before so his opinion on what it is like actually matters.

Seriously i do not get it, none of you have ever played the Baltiworst so why do any of you try to have an opinion on it? 

Stop it.  

I find it funny when one person shows off one good match in a ship a person is saying needs a muff in an attempt to say it doesn't need a buff.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I find it funny when one person shows off one good match in a ship a person is saying needs a muff in an attempt to say it doesn't need a buff.

It is the same group of people that do it, Anime avatar normally means "i will disagree with everything you say because no one can question my autism here muahahaha" 

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

It is the same group of people that do i, Anime avatar normally means "i will disagree with everything you say because no one can question my autism here muahahaha" 

I tend to "cry" about ships i play. I'd wager all those who tell me to git gud don't own them. I would criticise OP for comparing a tier 9 cruiser to a tier 9 BB.

*i'd wager most in my Atlanta thread are in that boat*

(also might want to get rid of the autism remark. you may get hit with teh ban hammer)

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I tend to "cry" about ships i play. I'd wager all those who tell me to git gud don't own them. I would criticise OP for comparing a tier 9 cruiser to a tier 9 BB.

*i'd wager most in my Atlanta thread are in that boat*

(also might want to get rid of the autism remark. you may get hit with teh ban hammer)

Yeah it literally is like that, any time i make a thread about what ever ship 95% of the negative commentors have never played it and assume the only reason i have a problem with it is because they assume it is the only ship i own and have a bias toward it...

Heck look at the Baltimore and New orleans thread i made, the replies are from people who have never played the two ships lol...

It was quite a well thought out thread too. 

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7659-pensacola-new-orleans-and-baltimore-are-all-underpowered/page__fromsearch__1

Ah well there is a reason i don't come on these forums much anymore.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Yeah it literally is like that, any time i make a thread about what ever ship 95% of the negative commentors have never played it and assume the only reason i have a problem with it is because they assume it is the only ship i own and have a bias toward it...

Heck look at the Baltimore and New orleans thread i made, the replies are from people who have never played the two ships lol...

It was quite a well thought out thread too. 

http://It is the same group of people that do i, Anime avatar normally means "i will disagree with everything you say because no one can question my autism here muahahaha"

Yeah i've noticed that. Even when i'm not that "buff crying" i still get negative commentators with anime avatars. I'd say it's just coincidence.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Yeah i've noticed that. Even when i'm not that "buff crying" i still get negative commentators with anime avatars. I'd say it's just coincidence.

No its not, they have been in a little circle jerk community since CBT, The weeaboos do not have many safe places on the internet but the wargaming forums are safe havens because of how heavily moderated they are and how nice you have to be to others. 

All they have to do is be passive aggressive trolls and they win. 

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

No its not, they have been in a little circle jerk community since CBT, The weeaboos do not have many safe places on the internet but the wargaming forums are safe havens because of how heavily moderated they are and how nice you have to be to others. 

All they have to do is be passive aggressive trolls and they win. 

I'd like to hope that isn't the case. But with what you put it does make sense with certain users actions.