Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NguyenArchitakuVN

And people keep saying US Destroyer need buff...

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Look at the match making!

Why rush? Just find an island, sit there and wait for big fat juicy battleships. I forgot to save the replay... But it was hilarious when i killed the Iowa.

GHth3mU.jpgKJailRq.jpgxXGHiQ3.jpg

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Overally, DD in this game need just small but benefitting buff, such Torpedoes Effectiveness

And their smoke Screen effectiveness

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

USN DDs do need buffs

Only for the noobs

P.S. Please read spoiler

LOL... True is... But average damage of US Destroyers are kinda low compared to the Japanese's but their reload time is long... 

Still, i would say US DD need a little buff... Torpedo reload time and shell velocity. Nothing other than that.

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Is anything maybe make smoke last a bit longer and maybe, just maybe give the USN DD's a little buff to thier guns and torps.

1,230 posts
2,387 battles

LOL... True is... But average damage of US Destroyers are kinda low compared to the Japanese's but their reload time is long... 

Still, i would say US DD need a little buff... Torpedo reload time and shell velocity. Nothing other than that.

If a little buff, then

Consider between, bit more EXP or make USN DD's HP little bit more or Reduce Torp reload or give it 1 kilometer more range

Super Tester
802 posts

Of course, how a good game in a premium DD relates to the regular tech tree is anyone's guess. All evidence contradicts OP's title and points towards an under performing US DD line.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Look at the match making!

Why rush? Just find an island, sit there and wait for big fat juicy battleships. I forgot to save the replay... But it was hilarious when i killed the Iowa.

GHth3mU.jpgKJailRq.jpgxXGHiQ3.jpg

Had one good game. totally doesn't need a buff. 

And we wonder why one user in question (isn't me) constantly makes threads about USN being underpowered.

Edited by Lupis

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

If any ship needs a buff or a nerf then we can assume that WG will eventually get around to buffing or nerfing, but not before they have a pretty clear picture of the areas that need to be buffed/nerfed, i.e. they need to collect plenty of data.

12 posts
17 battles

I personally think the US DD's are utter junk. Their useless short range torps are a major pain to use. I've tried the old hide behind a mountain and try and ambush a BB, sometimes it works but you have to hope enough hits register to finish him off as one salvo will blow you away. :(

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I personally think the US DD's are utter junk. Their useless short range torps are a major pain to use. I've tried the old hide behind a mountain and try and ambush a BB, sometimes it works but you have to hope enough hits register to finish him off as one salvo will blow you away. :(

USN DD are the Mortal Enemy of Any IJN DD as they will eat it up no problem and IJN DD don't stand a Chance - it's Very Good at it -  Yet thats pretty much what USN DD are good at.

Against Cruisers? You get Wrecked due to the difference in the Quantity of Fire and Health.

Against BBs? Your shell are very easy to dodge and do very little damage. Unless you do Suicide Torpedo Runs it's still rather ineffective.

Against CVs? They hide so far back that it's not easy to break through. And if you do, the guy can just keep you perma-spotted and keep throwing Squadron at you.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I think for low tier DD .. USN need little buff too but it still lots more fun to play than IJN DD even it not feel underpowered like USN .... It weired Right?  :B

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

USN DD are the Mortal Enemy of Any IJN DD as they will eat it up no problem and IJN DD don't stand a Chance - it's Very Good at it -  Yet thats pretty much what USN DD are good at.

Against Cruisers? You get Wrecked due to the difference in the Quantity of Fire and Health.

Against BBs? Your shell are very easy to dodge and do very little damage. Unless you do Suicide Torpedo Runs it's still rather ineffective.

Against CVs? They hide so far back that it's not easy to break through. And if you do, the guy can just keep you perma-spotted and keep throwing Squadron at you.

CV putting their one squadron hovering over me doesn't bother me at all. It just means i can't stealth my way to the enemy, but since my preferred method of playing is gunplay and not stealth torpedo, i don't benefit from the stealth factor. In fact, that bloody cv is using one squadron dedicatedly over me and must divide his attention between clicking over my dd, and to the overall battlefield.

The only problem is facing cruisers that destroy you fast if you don't pay attention of your movement.

15 posts
2,905 battles

CV putting their one squadron hovering over me doesn't bother me at all. It just means i can't stealth my way to the enemy, but since my preferred method of playing is gunplay and not stealth torpedo, i don't benefit from the stealth factor. In fact, that bloody cv is using one squadron dedicatedly over me and must divide his attention between clicking over my dd, and to the overall battlefield.

The only problem is facing cruisers that destroy you fast if you don't pay attention of your movement.

o....mg this user must be unicom or something.

Or he just dont have mahan or benson who meets  mogami or myoko

Mogami cant hit dd in 11km cause of ur avoiding maneuver? U really met noob ones only.

If u r saying i only fight in 13km or against bb that also make no sense. U cant hit ur guns to CA In 13km since they maneuver TOO. and u cant dmg iowa with that [Redacted] 5 inches.

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

Well, there have been cases where I accidentally run into an enemy cruiser, so I pop smoke and sit still, and for reasons, the dumb cruisers almost always steam within my torpedo range, which is about 5.5km. I find this sort of gameplay absolutely unexplainable, but happens often in my US DDs.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

o....mg this user must be unicom or something.

Or he just dont have mahan or benson who meets  mogami or myoko

Mogami cant hit dd in 11km cause of ur avoiding maneuver? U really met noob ones only.

If u r saying i only fight in 13km or against bb that also make no sense. U cant hit ur guns to CA In 13km since they maneuver TOO. and u cant dmg iowa with that [Redacted] 5 inches.

Man, did i do something to you? I use Sims from CBT, and i know the night and day difference when WG nerfed HE shells. Hahaha, I'm pretty sure other ships can hit me just fine, but not you.

And yes, i did try to hit BB with my HE shells, hoping for that fire damage opportunity. You punk. I bet you run your ass away when you see a strong ship nearby.

EDIT: Seeing your lack of respect to other user make me sick to my stomach.

Quote updated

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i think they do need a buff. since USN dd relied too much on their smoke screen to  do a torpedo run against BB on open sea, why not give them extra smock screen charge. 

the smoke screen nerf really hit the USN DD hard compare to IJN.

Edited by yansuki

Sign in to follow this