Sign in to follow this  
Keith_Schroder

Multiple planes on carriers

10 comments in this topic

Super Tester
630 posts
9,479 battles

Are you sure its a Bogue and not a Zuiho (the japanese tier 5 cv), even with flight mod 2 on the bogue its a 0/1/2 loadout if I remember correctly. American CVs dont get 2 TBs until Essex.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yes im playing against vbogue now and it has 3 flights of torpedo bombers up.  And yes according to all I can find this is not possible

Any screenshots or replays?

753 posts
8,965 battles

I have asked the same question and so have others yet all were met with same responses.

1. Are you sure it wasn't some other tier carrier?  

Yes I was as it has happened many times.

2. Any screen shots as proof?  

No as it has been stated many times so check it for yourself.

3. It's impossible with that tier carrier.

No it's not and I've now learnt to just accept the fact there is a bug or something.

Or perhaps it's a directive state of denial from higher up.

On a side note, don't go past tier 4 as the MM and game balance is horrendous at tier 5 and upwards.

621 posts
2,271 battles

I have asked the same question and so have others yet all were met with same responses.

1. Are you sure it wasn't some other tier carrier?  

Yes I was as it has happened many times.

2. Any screen shots as proof?  

No as it has been stated many times so check it for yourself.

3. It's impossible with that tier carrier.

No it's not and I've now learnt to just accept the fact there is a bug or something.

Or perhaps it's a directive state of denial from higher up.

On a side note, don't go past tier 4 as the MM and game balance is horrendous at tier 5 and upwards.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/279/921/796.jpg796.jpg

1 post
4,454 battles

I am seeing the same thing with the V Zuiho presently but have experienced it as I have have upgraded through the carriers. Going up against the same carrier on the opposing team, each having only the one carrier, I have a fighter squadron, 2 torpedo squadrons and a bomber squadron. I see the opponent has the same, then 3 squadrons of carrier fighters come out and nail my bombers and torpedo aircraft, they are also far more agile and deadly than my own fighters, they wipe my fighter squadron in moments. I have been getting really miffed at the fact that the opposing carrier, supposedly identical to mine is so overpowered, but from reading this post it would appear that there are a few ghost squadrons showing up. I havent noted a squadron appearing that is on my team yet, but I havent been looking either, I will now see if I get help from unexpected quarters now.

621 posts
2,271 battles

I am seeing the same thing with the V Zuiho presently but have experienced it as I have have upgraded through the carriers. Going up against the same carrier on the opposing team, each having only the one carrier, I have a fighter squadron, 2 torpedo squadrons and a bomber squadron. I see the opponent has the same, then 3 squadrons of carrier fighters come out and nail my bombers and torpedo aircraft, they are also far more agile and deadly than my own fighters, they wipe my fighter squadron in moments. I have been getting really miffed at the fact that the opposing carrier, supposedly identical to mine is so overpowered, but from reading this post it would appear that there are a few ghost squadrons showing up. I havent noted a squadron appearing that is on my team yet, but I havent been looking either, I will now see if I get help from unexpected quarters now.

796.jpg

Alright, back to business.

There are a few possibilities for the 3 fighter situation:

1. 2/0/1 Bogue with highly experienced Captain that has Air Superiority perk

The AS perk gives you an additional fighter and bomber squadron, bringing the potential Bogue fighter wing to 3 squadrons.

2. You're mistaking catapult fighters as true fighter squadrons

Sign in to follow this