Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

14 comments in this topic

45 posts
1,228 battles

I know the game makes no attempt to be even remotely historically accurate but I would like some changes made to a few things including torpedoes for both ships and aircraft.

At present the number of torpedoes in the water at one time is ludicrous and the water is in a froth in some battles with 30 or more torpedoes criss crossing areas of the ocean. Many ships fire torpedoes like machine guns.

I will list these as points:

Aircraft torpedoes released manually are virtually impossible to dodge for anything other than a DD. The reality was that torpedo planes had to make straight low level runs for quite a while at slow speed to ensure that the torpedo ran true and didn't sink or explode as it entered the water. During this time the aircraft were very vulnerable to AA and enemy aircraft. Ships could almost always dodge torpedoes in day time actions unless the squadrons came from 90 degrees apart making a dodge impossible. 

Ships should have there torpedo ranges extended to something historical. At the moment they are incredibly nerfed. A long lance for instance could run 40klms at max or 30klms at high speed. In game I think they run about 10 to 13 Klms.

Reduce the torpedo ammunition to realistic levels. Most ships only carried limited reloads (Usually one)

Eliminate the ridiculous approaches flown by torpedo bombers which pull high G impossible turns as they finish their runs. Make them fly an approach which is somewhat historical and vulnerable to those things which contributed to very low hit rates for torpedo bombers.

Conversely dive bombers seem a bit too inaccurate with weak damage.

Re balance the fighter squadrons to eliminate the US advantage in number.

Lastly turn the blue line into a shoal with frothy water which ships ground on and if they don't depart from it quickly permanently ground them.

When switching from torpedo mode back to gun aiming mode, please make the guns re acquire their last magnification level.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

View PostBulwyf, on 26 August 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Ships should have there torpedo ranges extended to something historical. At the moment they are incredibly nerfed. A long lance for instance could run 40klms at max or 30klms at high speed. In game I think they run about 10 to 13 Klms.

At present the number of torpedoes in the water at one time is ludicrous and the water is in a froth in some battles with 30 or more torpedoes criss crossing areas of the ocean. Many ships fire torpedoes like machine guns

Duh, They fire like every 1 minute and the reload on higher tier is even longer? What game you are playing?

Reduce the torpedo ammunition to realistic levels. Most ships only carried limited reloads (Usually one)

What should DDs do after they release them then? Oh, Do note that if they had only one salvo as you suggest, one Torpedo will probably do like 100000 Damage in game for balance.

This would only result in Terrible Gameplay. No thanks.

Eliminate the ridiculous approaches flown by torpedo bombers which pull high G impossible turns as they finish their runs. Make them fly an approach which is somewhat historical and vulnerable to those things which contributed to very low hit rates for torpedo bombers.

Learn to avoid Torpedoes. Loads of Guides in the Newcomers Zone.

So whats the point of playing USN Carrier? Remove them maybe? 

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

This is seriously starting to get boring.

Every day I'm sitting here at work, dealing with great stress and wish to lighten up my mood a bit by reading le Forums,

and all I read is the exact same Kind of thread... over... and over... and over again.

At this point I honestly don't see the reason for reposting the same old replies to the same old Topics.

In time I shall come up with a meme to use, for now I'll just go with the simple truth.

You, dear OP, are bad at this game.

I suggest watching replays and videos from other players to identify the exact issues, because in all honesty?

You have an average damage of 13k... on average you don't even deal enough damage to kill most CLs... let alone a CA or BB... ...

No... just no... I consider myself slightly below average skill wise when it comes to WoWS.

Despite that I have a 58% wr, deal 30k damage on average and get almost twice as much exp than you on average.

If you think that you can play PvE against 08/15 herpa derp crap bots that are easier to defeat than the Windows Chess AI

and then do well against human opponents then... nope, while it might come to a surprise for some people...

Humans... actually not as bad as WoWS bots.

Anyway, I wish you good luck on learning the skills required to play online against something that doesn't constantly run itself into islands.

PS:

I know the Furutaka isn't the best ship ever... but 5.7k damage? On average??

Urgh.. I'm out... ggwp

Edited by Retia

Super Tester
802 posts

BINGO! Becoming a Tradition now.

If this was IRL bingo, I would have so many meat trays by now.

Also;

> less than 100 games

> thinks that he can makes calls on game balance.

Edited by Counterflak

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

I know the game makes no attempt to be even remotely historically accurate but I would like some changes made to a few things including torpedoes for both ships and aircraft.

At present the number of torpedoes in the water at one time is ludicrous and the water is in a froth in some battles with 30 or more torpedoes criss crossing areas of the ocean. Many ships fire torpedoes like machine guns.

You seldom see more than 10 torpedoes coming for you at the same time

probably you're just unlucky

torpedo is having at least 30seconds reload time

I will list these as points:

Aircraft torpedoes released manually are virtually impossible to dodge for anything other than a DD. The reality was that torpedo planes had to make straight low level runs for quite a while at slow speed to ensure that the torpedo ran true and didn't sink or explode as it entered the water. During this time the aircraft were very vulnerable to AA and enemy aircraft. Ships could almost always dodge torpedoes in day time actions unless the squadrons came from 90 degrees apart making a dodge impossible. 

it isn't that hard to evade single TB squad

but it's impossible to evade double TB squad, even a DD cannot

however, if you largely reduce the hit rate of TB, CV may become UP

30-40km?That's too much

it can travel for the whole map

just reduce the torpedo spotting range is enough

DD can only launch 1 salvo of torpedo?

That's not fun

I think it's fine to let all ships having unlimited ammo

Hmm... I don't know what to say

Conversely dive bombers seem a bit too inaccurate with weak damage.

Agree

Then why should we play US CV?

Lastly turn the blue line into a shoal with frothy water which ships ground on and if they don't depart from it quickly permanently ground them.

Creative, but not very feasible

When switching from torpedo mode back to gun aiming mode, please make the guns re acquire their last magnification level.

I think this is not needed

Ships that use torpedo as main weapon usually have fast turning turrets

for the exceptions...they rarely use their guns

This is seriously starting to get boring.

Every day I'm sitting here at work, dealing with great stress and wish to lighten up my mood a bit by reading le Forums,

and all I read is the exact same Kind of thread... over... and over... and over again.

At this point I honestly don't see the reason for reposting the same old replies to the same old Topics.

In time I shall come up with a meme to use, for now I'll just go with the simple truth.

You, dead OP, are bad at this game.

I suggest watching replays and videos from other players to identify the exact issues, because in all honesty?

You have an average damage of 13k... on average you don't even deal enough damage to kill most CLs... let alone a CA or BB... ...

No... just no... I consider myself slightly below average skill wise when it comes to WoWS.

Despite that I have a 58% wr, deal 30k damage on average and get almost twice as much exp than you on average.

If you think that you can play PvE against 08/15 herpa derp crap bots that are easier to defeat than the Windows Chess AI

and then do well against human opponents then... nope, while it might come to a surprise for some people...

Humans... actually not as bad as WoWS bots.

Anyway, I wish you good luck on learning the skills required to play online against something that doesn't constantly run itself into islands.

PS:

I know the Furutaka isn't the best ship ever... but 5.7k damage? On average??

Urgh.. I'm out... ggwp

I have the same feeling as you

but at least, this OP isn't the worst

[SB]
116 posts
12,420 battles

When switching from torpedo mode back to gun aiming mode, please make the guns re acquire their last magnification level

I won't say anything about your other suggestions, but this is an idea I can get behind. I can't count the number of times where I had let up the pressure on the ship I was shooting at for far longer than necessary because I let loose a torpedo spread or two (whether on the same ship or a second one).

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I have the same feeling as you

but at least, this OP isn't the worst

I... tend... to disagree.

I looked over every single bit of data on the statistics and compared them... again and again...

I'm literally having a Haifisch moment and functionally can't understand... "Hooooooooow?"

Edited by Retia

213 posts
4,335 battles

OP-> It is common knowledge that all Torpedo Bombers in game are piloted by Jedi Maverick and while they look like biplanes~ it is a Jedi mind trick. They are in fact TIE fighters. 

How do they swoop down into the valley of Two Brothers, drop torps into a river and hit a fast moving destroyer at point blank range and the pull up just in time to miss the cliff on the other side?

Just like shooting Womp Rats back home my friend.

Everyone is being nasty because this topic and very similar suggestions make up about 73% of this forum.

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

Sign in to follow this