Commander_Krukov

How To Get Rid Of Pink Name

47 comments in this topic

1 post
1,061 battles

At around the start of the month my little brother snuck onto my account while I was asleep and when I logged in after I noticed my name was pink. This was in part my own fault for leaving my computer on and using the save password option, but I can assure that problem has been rectified and it won't happen again. My question is how do I get rid of the pink name? I do not wish to be associated with people who team kill and I've heard that having the pink name reduces your earnings at the end of a battle. Specific information would be greatly appreciated because I can't seem to find anything about how to get rid of it in the forums or otherwise.

Signed,

Commander Krukov

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Just play the game as normal, be VERY CAREFUL with your torps so you don't accidentally TK, and the pink will eventually go away. Your earnings are only reduced in battles where you TK.

Beta Tester
43 posts
158 battles

It would just be simple to say it is the same as World Of Tanks system... Depending on how much you play... If you play quite often it will be gone within a few hours or days... If you play very little it may take a few weeks

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

It depend on how much you damage your team .... if you hit teamate lots of time it will take you longer to back to normal ... if you hot only once or twice it will take only few match ...

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

#pinkandfabulous

Seriously, OP, you should not save your password to your computer if your younger brother sneaked on to play a few games (and more importantly, plays to such an extent that you get your name draped in #fabulouspink.

Edited by Haku

Beta Tester
43 posts
158 battles

My pet goat plays on my account some times, Though he perfers to ram ships instead... You would be amazed how many times he has rammed someone in his Battleship because someonie spams POI in the team, Perhaps you need to learn to turn off your PC while you take a little goat nap -.-

I dont even know what i just said but it sounds about right for someone whom has a fetish for goats and let them in his house and walks them down the street with a leash and collar while haters be hatin /o/

Alpha Tester
392 posts

That outta teach you a lesson for saving your password. I wouldn't worry about reduced earnings. Since you've been marked a teamkiller, I believe your own team will have the right to sink you without incurring any penalty. Pray that none of your teammates are trigger happy. If your team is losing and you've hardly put in any effort, they might just take out their loss on you. So don't be a burden to your team, not while you're still pink.

423 posts
3,175 battles

That outta teach you a lesson for saving your password. I wouldn't worry about reduced earnings. Since you've been marked a teamkiller, I believe your own team will have the right to sink you without incurring any penalty. Pray that none of your teammates are trigger happy. If your team is losing and you've hardly put in any effort, they might just take out their loss on you. So don't be a burden to your team, not while you're still pink.

So sink a pink name in game is not gonna cost you a penalty? I thought it would also make you pink yourself...

Beta Tester
43 posts
158 battles

Sinking a pink name will not do you any harm... But it is not recommended unless they start to team damage

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

No...don't sink a pink named team mate unless it's 3-4 tiers lower. You wouldn't want your top tier ship dead at the start of the game. Unless he starts shooting his team mates.

423 posts
3,175 battles

in my case, I'd tell everyone to keep an eye on this guy. Everytime he tried to stab us at the back, we screwed him together...

Super Tester
460 posts
4,151 battles

Sinking a pink name will not do you any harm... But it is not recommended unless they start to team damage

Actually it does , attacking pink name , you are still compensate for them with EXP and credits , like normal player , just don't turn pink after attack them .

Umikaze started attack teammates and I sunk him :hiding:

x47GxHu.jpgoCCV9DG.jpg

74 posts
3,270 battles

I accidentally sank an allied destroyer a while back - I'd launched a long range torp attack & they must've not seen them coming. I had to pay but didn't go pink. The game must have some mechanism for determining the likelihood of friendly fire being accidental or deliberate? Or is it just based on player feedback?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I accidentally sank an allied destroyer a while back - I'd launched a long range torp attack & they must've not seen them coming. I had to pay but didn't go pink. The game must have some mechanism for determining the likelihood of friendly fire being accidental or deliberate? Or is it just based on player feedback?

The pink name can appear at the middle of battle, so it can't be from player feedback

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

The 'pink' is not player-feedback. It is an built-in system. 

There is but 1 thing to avoid (or remove) the pink name. Stop shooting friendlies. Simple as that. 

Note that shooting a pink friendly is still shooting a friendly.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

The 'pink' is not player-feedback. It is an built-in system. 

There is but 1 thing to avoid (or remove) the pink name. Stop shooting friendlies. Simple as that. 

Note that shooting a pink friendly is still shooting a friendly.

But what if the pink player fires on his teammates? Can we sink him without incurring any fines?

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

If you fire at pink player, you wont get any penelty or fine ... but like Conan said ... it still count as a ally ship and the may impact the out come of the match ...

Edited by WindCruiser

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Guys, NEVER shoot a teammate who loads into the game pink. You don't know the situation as to how they turned pink. You might have done the same thing they did. The automated system doesn't take "extenuating circumstances" into account. It's all about damage.

HOWEVER, if they start pink and begin shooting teammates or turn pink (don't respond until they indeed, do turn pink) during your game, the gloves can come off :izmena:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Actually, I'm more inclined to just leave them and let them keep sinking allied ships while pink. Accelerates the way the system deals with them :trollface:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Actually, I'm more inclined to just leave them and let them keep sinking allied ships while pink. Accelerates the way the system deals with them :trollface:

A very good piece of advice.

I avoid pinkos myself, unless I'm in a position to immediately terminate the Team on Team shooting via a close range, no miss on pink, torpedo spread. I am Judge Dredd in those circumstances :trollface:

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

or keep stay beside them an turn in when they fire torp to make them more pink :trollface:

Beta Tester
43 posts
158 battles

Kind of thought this Thread would have been closed by now as it says "How to get rid of pink name" and it was clearly answered