HMS_Rodney_1941

Appeal for a ban on those advocating racial discrimination,militarism,fascism

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
3,702 battles

As everybody knows,player in the Asia server come from a diversity of countries.And all man were created equal.Everyone should be equal respected as long as they respect others.Any racial discrimination will pose great threat to this principle.Besides,this is a war game.However,if a person's enthusiasm toward IJN ship becomes his enthusiasm toward militarism or fascism.It;s quite dangerous.So I strongly recommend a forever ban on those advocating racial discrimination,militarism,fascism no matter what language is used to convey this meaning.

There is an example in the attach files.
post-2007324813-0-80384400-1440521627.jpg

I hope the administrator can give me a formal reply to such behavior.

Naming and shaming. Content edited, user warned.

~Syanda

post-2007324813-0-80384400-1440521627.jpg

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Write a ticket to the support or a message to a moderator of your choice.

Also remove that image, posting someone's name in this kind of situation is considered naming&shaming.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

As everybody knows,player in the Asia server come from a diversity of countries.And all man were created equal.Everyone should be equal respected as long as they respect others.Any racial discrimination will pose great threat to this principle.Besides,this is a war game.However,if a person's enthusiasm toward IJN ship becomes his enthusiasm toward militarism or fascism.It;s quite dangerous.So I strongly recommend a forever ban on those advocating racial discrimination,militarism,fascism no matter what language is used to convey this meaning.

There is an example in the attach files.

[iMAGE REDACTED]

I hope the administrator can give me a formal reply to such behavior.

I'm not sure my gut feeling is confirmed but I think mods are stalking the game as well for disruptive behavior such as this even if it is written. so far I've seen some ZH guys (I think ZH is the facemelt between China, Taiwan and HK right?) go full rage vs Japan and some JP guys go uber nationalistic. speaking of which, I haven't seen the KR, ID, SG, IN and some PH guys derp at in-chat.

btw remove the image. it can count as namin n shamin

Super Tester
1,677 posts

There's really no avoiding these kind of folk. Just wish they could give us the option to disable chat asap.

a friend of mine also wants the chat mute because of the kancolle weebs she runs into

Alpha Tester
74 posts
1,806 battles

That's simplified Chinese which means that the guy on the pic must come from China then.

And about the racial thing,well I guess we just have to deal with it since the Asia server covers to many different countries
so its definitely going to happen from time to time,

I've met players that call me a [Redacted], and that made me really upset ,but the only thing you can do is to report him(which is pretty useless) and try not to be mad. Its just a game after all.

Derogatory term. Post edited. Users are reminded of Forum Rules with regards to profanity and derogatory terms.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
1,677 posts

That's simplified Chinese which means that the guy on the pic must come from China then.

And about the racial thing,well I guess we just have to deal with it since the Asia server covers to many different countries

so its definitely going to happen from time to time,

I've met players that call me a [Redacted], and that made me really upset ,but the only thing you can do is to report him(which is pretty useless) and try not to be mad. Its just a game after all.

... now you piqued my curiosity. you ARE one of the JP guys and not one of the ZH guys, right?
Edited by AALG
quote updated

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If someone can provide me with a translation of what was said in that screenshot, I can help refer it for action. 

Racial discrimination isn't tolerated in-game. If you see instances of such happening, please do report it to an orange name (in port chat channels), or file a report with Customer Support with screenshots attached (prtscrn to take screenshots, by default). Chatbans are handed out to people who misbehave in chat.

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
74 posts
1,806 battles

... now you piqued my curiosity. you ARE one of the JP guys and not one of the ZH guys, right?

Yes and no ,my mother is Taiwanese and my father is Japanese so I understand a little bit of

Chinese as well.but I still prefer using English and Japanese more since I totally suck at Chinese.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I can't read chinese .... 

But if it what you said you can report him ... if the WoWs stuff use same logic as WoT... they will be warned " if " the stuff see it ... if he still do and get more report then it will be temporary ban and permanent ban 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Guess he's one of those many user just accept right away the EULA :P

Just read the EULA, it's written there: Discussion or Flaming resulting to racism, political, controversy, etc. is no no.

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
43 posts
156 battles

I'm sure HMS_Rodney_1941 can tell you what it translate too if he was so upset with it to make a thread on what this particular person had said.... But your going to have to face it... This is the Asia server with many mixed nation's.... I wont say you will never see this again and no doubt you will see it every 1-2 days in battle.... But instead of posting on forums i could say you should of just sent it to WG Support with a translation... and perhaps a copy of the text from what you translated too soo they can double check on Google translate or some shit like that... But the obvious thing is everyone will do it once in a while...

295 posts
501 battles

If someone can provide me with a translation of what was said in that screenshot, I can help refer it for action. 

Racial discrimination isn't tolerated in-game. If you see instances of such happening, please do report it to an orange name (in port chat channels), or file a report with Customer Support with screenshots attached (prtscrn to take screenshots, by default). Chatbans are handed out to people who misbehave in chat.

I am from Hong Kong, and I can translate the meaning:

that guy born from China (支那,pronounced as Chi-na is how Japanese calls China when WW2 or even how for humiliate ), and he hate china so much. He treat Japan's king as his mother and father, and he treat IJ Army as his cousin. The king of Japan give him the "soul of Yamato", and he want to be a true japanese and kill all the Chinese 

hope this hepls

Edited by yanyatcheng

Beta Tester
6 posts
5,277 battles

I am from Hong Kong, and I can translate the meaning:

that guy born from China (支那,pronounced as Ch-ina is a humiliation for china from japan), and he hate china so much. But the king of Japan give him the "soul of Yamato", and he want to be a true japanese and kill all the Chinese 

First post on forum, I can confirm this is the correct meaning and I found it offensive. I too occasionally see these kind of BS and reported every time, but what happens after that is a big mystery.

Beta Tester
43 posts
156 battles

WG will often do something about it... Some times not.... I dont usually Report anything unless its well.... Involves the Hash word.... But i guess they might give them a warning or something but then again it can depend on how many times the person has abused people.... I've had to keep on reporting a guy for calling me the N word everytime after he finished his CB will it was a permament one... but you will still get these people no matter what... best thing to do it Screenshot it and send it to a Moderator instead for faster action against the person whom have done the wrong doing

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

If you see racial discrimination, racial slurs, offensive messages, excessive swearing, all those kinds of things, you are welcome to report them and we will hand out justice where necessary. 

You are welcome to report them to support via ticket or to your local friendly player moderator or Wargaming Staff. 

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Not necessarily, they use Simplified Chinese in Singapore, and some Malaysian schools. Traditional Chinese is the official script in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

I can provide a translation of what he said. Please don't shoot the messenger, I simply intend on presenting a 1:1 carbon copy of what he said, without changing any of the meaning.

Simplified Chinese (original text):

《唱支赞歌给皇军》 我把亲妈献皇军,我把皇军比亲人。父母给我支那身,皇军赐我大和魂。我把华夏深痛恨,中国将来必不存。来生要做东洋人,屠尽天下支那豚!

Traditional Chinese:

《唱支讚歌給皇軍》 我把親媽獻皇軍,我把皇軍比親人。父母給我支那身,皇軍賜我大和魂。我把華夏深痛恨,中國將來必不存。來生要做東洋人,屠盡天下支那豚!

English translation:

"Hymn to the Imperial Army": I offer my mother to the (Japanese) Imperial Army, I love the Imperial Army more than my relatives. My parents gave me a 支那* body, the Imperial Army granted me Yamato spirit**. I deeply resent the Chinese, in the future China must no longer exist. In the next life I wish to be a Japanese***, and slaughter all the Chinese* pigs in the world!

Notes:

*支那 is pronounced "Zhina" in Chinese and "Shina" in Japanese. It is an ethnic slur for Chinese people, which is controversial because it was heavily used by the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II. The term originates from ancient translations of Sanskrit Buddhist sutras, however the meaning of the word changed in modern times.

**大和魂 means "yamato damashii", look it up on Wikipedia.

***東洋人 is a poetic term for Japanese, it literally means "Eastern Ocean people".

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Not necessarily, they use Simplified Chinese in Singapore, and some Malaysian schools. Traditional Chinese is the official script in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

I can provide a translation of what he said. Please don't shoot the messenger, I simply intend on presenting a 1:1 carbon copy of what he said, without changing any of the meaning.

thanks for the TL as well benli.

although I'm still wondering if ZH = TW, HK and CN as a group since I doubt SG, ID and MY are there. this is one of those times that I wish mods from EN, ZH and JP are actively stalking the game for things like this.

Edited by EvyL

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

thanks for the TL as well benli.

although I'm still wondering if ZH = TW, HK and CN as a group since I doubt SG, ID and MY are there. this is one of those times that I wish mods from EN, ZH and JP are actively stalking the game for things like this.

We are - even if we had a cast of 1000's doing the moderating we couldn't cover every second of chat, which is where the community comes in.  Report (with screenshots/replays) when things are said that are inappropriate.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

If you see racial discrimination, racial slurs, offensive messages, excessive swearing, all those kinds of things, you are welcome to report them and we will hand out justice where necessary. 

You are welcome to report them to support via ticket or to your local friendly player moderator or Wargaming Staff. 

You say that but since WG refuses to abide by the principle that justice must not only be done, it must manifestly be seen to be done, we can have no confidence that WG is doing anything substantive at all.