Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Velvet_Scarlantina

Combat Air Patrol over own CV or fleet

6 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Using the 2-2-2 CAG on Hiryuu has got me thinking and in light of the current MM inbalance.

Which is more important? Putting both fighters for CAP over your own CV to stop the other CV or 2 from scoring a kill or gamble by putting fighters over the fleet?

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Why can't you just follow the fleet? You kill two birds with one stone.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Why can't you just follow the fleet? You kill two birds with one stone.

View PostMakise_Kuristina, on 26 August 2015 - 01:19 AM, said:

I do follow but MM keeps tossing me in fleets that have too many holes or turn around at the 1st sight of the enemy
Pretty much what Haku said, but I know what you mean by being matched with a very "defensive" team. Generally, it would be better to cover the fleet but if you feel like or see the enemy bombers coming for you then by all means protect yourself first. 

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Right now, I operate on the premise that survival of your CV is of utmost importance. All other surface ships serves as mostly AA screens and also to engage in surface action. Yes that's flawed and rather degratory to some extent but I'm pretty much influenced by CV flexibility and superiority that I gather from books I've read since they can just bomb, strafe and torpedo almost at will on who ever she chooses to bless.

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

Neither.

Send them into the middle of the map on left and right.  Scout and use your powers of deduction.

Edited by elodea

Sign in to follow this