Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Delphaeus

Binoculars with Torpedoes selected

9 comments in this topic

32 posts
1,242 battles

I'd really like to be able to use binoculars without having to change to main cannons first...

As a destroyer trying to sit between the 5.9km detect range and the 7km torpedo range, i find that i can get a lot of good information about the enemy, including what way they are heading and where their guns are pointed.

It seems a little silly to select main guns just to use binoculars, then switch back to torpedoes again.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

It's silly, but it's an unnecessary complication. Torpedo tubes' traverse speeds are very quick to the point that you basically don't lose anything switching between the main guns and the torpedo tubes.

32 posts
1,242 battles

Oh I agree that torps traverse speed is more than adequate, and I don't really lose anything from swapping inbetween the two weapons systems.

My point is what Haku said, its an un-necessary complication

There aren't any significant side effects if binoculars are permitted in torpedo mode, but it would make using binoculars a lot less frustrating. As primarily a stealth DD player, I use main cannons extremely rarely and it gets frustrating swapping to a different weapons system so frequently, just so I can use the zoom function.

Edit: Actually the most annoying thing about swapping between weapons systems is the half second delay after selecting the new weapon system until you actually get control of that weapon system. (I normally only have about 100ms latency, so it isn't a latency issue)

Edited by Delphaeus

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Right. Because this is Counter-Strike and I need that extra half-second.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

So far so good... If you engage enemy at long range, it is not a problem. But if you are engaging the enemy at close range and your adrenaline is high... You really need that extra half a second to maneuver your ship in order to dodge close range torpedoes or shells from the enemy.

And BTW, if you have ever played Battlestations: Pacific, you know how good the aiming system is... 

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

32 posts
1,242 battles

Right. Because this is Counter-Strike and I need that extra half-second.

Are you being negative for any specific reason or do you just have a pessimistic personality?

I really don't understand why you are so against this.

Can you please explain why the game would be worse if this suggestion was implemented. Thanks.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Oh, I even prefer Binocular in Left click view

but shift+x and Ctrl+x already do the job

Edited by Harpoon01

213 posts
4,335 battles

Ignore the schoolyard bullies.

This is a feature they should really add. It would be very simple and would just be a control interface improvement. Nothing to debate.

Aside from sighting your target before firing, I love zooming into the target just before impact.

Nothing better in game than seeing an enemy  battleship split and half...soo prettyyy..

This suggestion is in "UI things to do list" thread in the general discussion section already though. Check that out.

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

Sign in to follow this