You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
greifer

Server Lag

47 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

Greetings All,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing severe lag currently?

Myself and several clan mates from all around Australia are having lag and pings fluctuating from 40 to 150 ms. From the chat of other people in game, they seem to also be experiencing this.

Just trying to see if this is isolated or if everyone is experiencing this to the Singapore server

Super Tester
630 posts
9,482 battles

I had this as well.. ping was only spiking from 100ms to 150ms but it felt like the packet loss was real and my lag indicator kept going orange when I was getting packet loss.

Decided to call it a day and farm kanmusu's ships in another game, (also I'm from new zealand)

Edited by mikenzb

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

I want to add to this. I am also having lag issues tonight on the World of Warships ASIA server. Pings are jumping from 70 to 180ms from Sydney and the game is unplayable as my ship is jerking forward every 2 seconds or so. This was occuring at 9pm Sydney time. I am on NBN 100/40.

Also why is it that the ping to the Singapore server from Sydney is no better than when I log into the US server where I get consistent 110ms pings than this awful Singapore server? Sadly this is not the first time this has happened on the Singapore server!

Edited by Anorax

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Checking from Singapore - no noticeable increase in latency or lag. I pinged the server and did a tracert as well - no issues, average 8-10ms.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Yup, same. Am in Sydney.

Ran Ping Plotter and there's packet loss and jitter galore.

The Asia server for WoT performed well for about the first 3-4 months when I transferred, deteriorated, and never again reached the stable 125ms ping up to the time I quit playing.

I got my (excellent) ISP once to run every aspect of the connection using their own diagnostics and they told me I should still have been able to get the 125ms. Never did.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

Checking from Singapore - no noticeable increase in latency or lag. I pinged the server and did a tracert as well - no issues, average 8-10ms.

Are you in Sydney? If not I don't think this post is very helpful.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Are you in Sydney? If not I don't think this post is very helpful.

If there are any issues with the server, I'd be the first to know - generally because I literally live next to the server cluster,and experience next to no network issues with regards to the server connection.

Given that I'm not experiencing lag issues, the server itself seems to be fine. That means there may be a problem with connections between Australia and the server itself. In which case, I've written up a post here on how to diagnose lag issues beyond "Is there something wrong with the server?".

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

If there are any issues with the server, I'd be the first to know - generally because I literally live next to the server cluster,and experience next to no network issues with regards to the server connection.

Fine. I won't be logging a ticket to Wargaming support as - quite frankly - they have the worst support of any company I have ever experienced. They certainly don't reply to tickets. Obviously given the other replies here it is not an isolated issue - within Australia. I will leave it at that. I have done the PingPlotter as you have suggested. Why is this routing via Perth from Sydney? That certainly doesn't help.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Fine. I won't be logging a ticket to Wargaming support as - quite frankly - they have the worst support of any company I have ever experienced. They certainly don't reply to tickets. Obviously given the other replies here it is not an isolated issue - within Australia. I will leave it at that. I have done the PingPlotter as you have suggested. Why is this routing via Perth from Sydney? That certainly doesn't help.

It routs via Perth, because that's where one of the submarine cables from Australia to Singapore is located. Your alternatives are routing through further north, or a circuitous route via Japan or China.

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

My own conclusion is that we're all wasting our time with this stuff.

I'm not spending a single cent, so I don't really care if the connection is crap regardless of its cause.

If it's rubbish, I play something else. When the game play is rubbish (which is frequent, not least because of certain balance/mechanics I think stink and WG is yet to address), I play something else.

What I wouldn't want is to have spent money, because then I would feel I'm being ripped off every day of premium I lose.

Just like my friend, which is why I've bothered with the de-synch stuff. Which itself is kind of sad; you'd think a responsible company would WANT to know when paying customers can't get what they paid for, but apparently not.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I think you're being a bit harsh.

When it comes to support I can say two things:

1. they've always responded to my tickets

2. they've never addressed a single issue I've raised in any way that made me better off than before I raised it.

So, yes, my opinion of support is the same, but they DO reply. It's just they might as well not bother.

Syanda is correct about the routing, of course. 

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

2. they've never addressed a single issue I've raised in any way that made me better off than before I raised it.

Chuckle.  ;)

As for WoWS I love the game and even in early open beta am finding it far more enjoyable than WoT. But I do wonder why I play on the Singapore server and not the US when there are absolutely no advantages for Australians to play on the Singapore server.

Super Tester
509 posts

Noticed the same but it resolved itself after an hour or so of tons of jitter.

Best bet is to play a CV if its too laggy as the planes can auto attack in the worst case like last night when I was on 3000 ping =P

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

First night of ranked battles and I can't play on the Singapore server due to the incredible jerky lag which is occurring once again tonight. All my fellow Australian players on the east coast are having the same issue.

Can we be given the option to transfer our accounts back to the US server? Obviously I do not want to be forced to start fresh since I have spent a truckload of money on my main account that currently resides on the Asia server.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

I concur, massive lag spikes again tonight. I presume its with the node.

Likewise I wish to move to the NA server where the ping is stable. Best method is to request it via support?

Tonights rubber banding and constant high pings is frustrating.

Considering my ping to the Singapore usually is 60, receiving 250 and the lag message is not fun.

6 posts
5,850 battles

+1 to 100 to 180 ping jerkiness. TBH I don't mind if its a constant 180 ping - at least it would be playable. But when your aim jerks all the time - it is kind of hard. Mind you I wasn't having this issue during the beta... So something has changed today.

[EZPZ]
Beta Tester
12 posts
7,761 battles

Same issue, from Melbourne here.

Lost my first two ranked games quikly due to this lag.
i normally sit at 100ms but it spikes up to 200+ randomly.
It really needs to be fixed.

Also in Melbourne and this is the first time that the game is unplayable for me due to lag since CB.

Calling it a night and will try again over the weekend

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

Same issue, from Melbourne here.

Lost my first two ranked games quikly due to this lag.

i normally sit at 100ms but it spikes up to 200+ randomly.

It really needs to be fixed.

The few of us that are playing together are thinking of permanently moving back to the US server. On that server I get a steady 90ms ping and none of the rubber-banding that plagues the Singapore server. I do have an account there but only a few ships. If Wargaming won't let me transfer my main account I will be forced to start from scratch again which will absolutely piss me off.

If the responses from the mods here are any indication then this lag issue will never be fixed as it is due to the dodgy undersea cable link between Perth and Singapore. I think the care factor at Wargaming is nil as so few Aussies are playing WoWs at this time. I am wondering if this issue also affects the WoT servers.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Had no problems playing from the west coast, steady 50ms to the server.

Suggest next time you run ping plotter and see if a bottle neck is occurring, in particular, where it is.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

Had no problems playing from the west coast, steady 50ms to the server.

Suggest next time you run ping plotter and see if a bottle neck is occurring, in particular, where it is.

You're in Perth?  We have one member who is in Adelaide and was suffering last night with the rest of us. But thanks that is good to know. I will run pingplot again tonight to try and focus on the issue. It's also important to note we are all on different ISP's, some on NBN, and some on ADSL.
Edited by Anorax