Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

BB main gun unbalanced?

19 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

Kongo shoot HE to a mid tier (under tier 5) light cruiser, 2 hit, only do minimum damage. shoot at Fuso with AP, round came straight above, bounce by a WOODEN DECK. HE shell hit a DD, no damage. and shot AP at south Carolina, right at the side armour with a perfect positioning (under 10 km),  only do 1000 (minimum damage)

I mean, WTF wargaming, they should have been turned into metal piece if a high explosive shell land on them, and how can those shot bounce? I use my shell chase cam, and no damage. I am in a tier 3 game with a Kongo (don't ask me why, MM is drunk), and I can get rekt, but they don't, WTF

is this how people called "balance" so BB won't one shot thing? this is called "making cruiser OP"

mid tier VS low tier FFS, I'd witness all my shot landing on the best position I can land, NOPE, not even a good damage

imagine when Kongou said "burning love", and nothing happens..... just a scratch for the enemy:(

Edited by yanyatcheng

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Missing is the player's fault.

Bouncing and low damage is a combination of aiming and rng.

Generally if you fail to do any damage twice in a row it's not rng.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

i hope I can record every match I've played and show you guys those BS

if you're willing to, then grab a software recorder such as bandicam or Fraps.

but points aside, where are you blasting exactly and how far are you to target?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

if you're willing to, then grab a software recorder such as bandicam or Fraps.

Or just upload the replays to mediafire...

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Kongo is a good ship, maybe you used the wrong type of ammunition. Remember every time you switch ammo type on a ship, some turrets may still have the first type of ammo loaded. 

To make it easier, for example, you are pointing your number 1 and 2 turrets at the enemy destroyer while number 3 and 4 are still rotating, you click one time on the HE section so that the next salvo will be HE, fire the AP salvo with only 2 forward turrets because you don't want to waste 30 secs. After that, turret number 1 and 2 will have HE loaded while number 3 and 4 still have AP loaded.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Sample replay here - open with worldofwarships.exe

Having extensive experience in various BBs, I'd say just over half of the time, missing is the player's fault. And the rest is due to RNG's dispersion or evasive maneuvers. From OP description, it genuinely seems to me that he's been aiming too high.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

Patience is the key to playing BB's, yeah your shots do sometimes miss or cause little bit of dmg. But that's usual, the thing with BB's is that you rly need patience in trying to get those shells to hit perfectly.. And one more thing, always shoot AP at cruisers even though their armor is thinner than you , as they do much more dmg if it hits perfectly.

295 posts
501 battles

BB accuracy for now is good, after getting the main gun upgrade.

but bouncing shot where it should not bounce and those damage model is the part where I stuck with.

back to cruiser... and I rekt others

295 posts
501 battles

Patience is the key to playing BB's, yeah your shots do sometimes miss or cause little bit of dmg. But that's usual, the thing with BB's is that you rly need patience in trying to get those shells to hit perfectly.. And one more thing, always shoot AP at cruisers even though their armor is thinner than you , as they do much more dmg if it hits perfectly.

how about those tier 2-3-4-5 cruiser?

same?

Edited by yanyatcheng

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

how about those tier 2-3-4-5 cruiser?

same?

In general, AP works well against cruisers, but HP is just as viable a shell as AP if you are not confident with AP shells. There is a bigger target for you to hit with HE (the superstructure) and you can also cause fire damage too.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

round came straight above, bounce by a WOODEN DECK

You do realize that under that wood is armor right?

Sign in to follow this