You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gorbon_Rubsay

Spawning at 18knots and in formation

14 comments in this topic

213 posts
4,335 battles

So one of the issues I have with the game right now is that it takes a really long time to get started.

The first two minutes of each game are so boring I end up writing posts on this forum (like now...). 

If you ever see my ship steam straight into an island... you know where to find me. 

What if ships started in formation? DDs together towards the front, followed by CAs, followed by BB, each class group in line astern with the highest tier ships to the front of the column and moving at 18 knots (or whatever the speed of the slowest ship in game is)?

We'd save 2 minutes of waiting for your South Carolina to accelerate and then 3 minutes of mulling around trying not to be the first ship to get spotted.

Oh, and I haven't forgotten carriers ~ they should spawn somewhere in a different game.

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

lord no - the less than average punter has enough trouble controlling their ship (and torps) as it is!  don't confuse them even more by having their ships moving from the start!

213 posts
4,335 battles

Ship could auto pilot until the player hits a key ~ should actually be much less confusing than starting from a station start where you don't know where anyone is going to head.

Also it would be a lot faster to turn your ship if you are already moving(slowly) ~ no need to accelerate first.

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If you read the patch notes you'll notice that WG does move the spawn areas time to time to improve gameplay.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

They still haven't let players in Division to spawn close together though. :hiding:

Agreed. That's a big pet peeve of mine. Especially problematic when you are playing BB.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Ship could auto pilot until the player hits a key ~ should actually be much less confusing than starting from a station start where you don't know where anyone is going to head.

Also it would be a lot faster to turn your ship if you are already moving(slowly) ~ no need to accelerate first.

Can it also aim and shoot automatically until I press the first key?

And can I have that in app form for my tablet?

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Agreed. That's a big pet peeve of mine. Especially problematic when you are playing BB.

Meh, So many Asked/Begged/Whined for this for like Years now (Tanks) - Nuthin Changed.

Don't see this is a priority.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Yeah... We are talking about a game where division mates spawned 15 km away from each other. Unlike World of Tanks where tanks are only a couple of meters away from each other... Even the enemy tanks are usually less than 1 km away from you.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yeah... We are talking about a game where division mates spawned 15 km away from each other. Unlike World of Tanks where tanks are only a couple of meters away from each other... Even the enemy tanks are usually less than 1 km away from you.

Yeah, but why would you want your div mates nearby?

All they do is steal damage :X

32 posts
1,242 battles

Instead of having ships start at speed, why not give a temporary buff for the first 10 seconds of the game, to both teams. 

Along the lines of "Acceleration increased by 300%"

It has numerous advantages

1) Allows slower computers to load as per the current game settings

2) reduces the time it takes for the combat to start,

3) Wouldn't affect core gameplay (nobody has the buff when combat starts)