You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

Proposal for Atlanta.

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Since you get next to nothing for shooting down planes. Why doesn't it get a slight buff to it's gun range? Why not give it the stock range of a Cleveland or the Pepsicola? Everything from tier 4 it's tier at 7 have better range. That's very much unfair for the Atlanta. Hell the Aurora a tier 3 ship has better range!

EDIT: Yeah this could be seen as a double thread. But here i'm hoping we the players could come up with idea's for buffs the Atlanta could have.

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Didn't you just post about this here: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8689-buff-atlantas-gun-range/    

Doubling down only makes people happy at the blackjack table......

18747662.jpg 

:trollface:

That's for the suggestion section. I'd have hoped that this thread is were people could come and give idea's to any sort of buff's the Atlanta.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Looking at the bright side.

If you make 30 more threads about the same thing within the period of a few minutes,

then you can compete with the forum bots that appear every now and then.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Well, as I said in the other post, if they took the shell lob effect away I'd be a very happy Atlanta owner. Increasing the range in addition to that would make me:

d4d3b22c9503c1d6ed22d0069f9d8408.jpg

Edited by Krieg

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Well, as I said in the other post, if they took the shell lob effect away I'd be a very happy Atlanta owner. Increasing the range in addition to that would make me:

d4d3b22c9503c1d6ed22d0069f9d8408.jpg

I can get used to lobbing. would just have to give wayyyyyy more lead. i thing if it were to have a buff range 12km would be the sweet spot.

had a second match. was a loss but we had tier 6-8's vs the enemy's 6-9. took two scalps. A pepsicola and a Mutsuki.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I can get used to lobbing. would just have to give wayyyyyy more lead. i thing if it were to have a buff range 12km would be the sweet spot.

had a second match. was a loss but we had tier 6-8's vs the enemy's 6-9. took two scalps. A pepsicola and a Mutsuki.

The one great thing about the ship is close quarters fighting. It's like brining a mini-gun to a pistol fight LOL. The problem is getting that close in one piece :trollface:

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

The one great thing about the ship is close quarters fighting. It's like brining a mini-gun to a pistol fight LOL. The problem is getting that close in one piece :trollface:

USN DD have taught me to stay on the extreme or just hide and use BB's as mobile cover :trollface:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I bought mine waaaay before that thread. Also, I've come to terms with my Atlanta since I made those posts. I quit trying to be a sword fighter and now try to be a knife fighter. Things seem to end a lot better that way. Also, you gotta keep in company with other ships for support and hopefully them soaking up some hits on your behalf.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I bought mine waaaay before that thread. Also, I've come to terms with my Atlanta since I made those posts. I quit trying to be a sword fighter and now try to be a knife fighter. Things seem to end a lot better that way. Also, you gotta keep in company with other ships for support and hopefully them soaking up some hits on your behalf.

Yeah after one rather fun match of knife fighting a pepsi and a mutuski I've come to love and hate it like some of the ships i like.

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

For all who want a range buff to the Atlanta, you can already get one.

I was hoping to keep this little trick secret, but here goes.....

Get the tier 4 captain skill Advance Firing Training. Gives +20% to range of guns up to 155mm in caliber.  Its under the secondaries skills tree but I have it and I can confirm it works.  My Atlanta has a range of 13.28klms, and even more funny is the cleveland has a range of over 17klms. Also as a + it ups the AA range by 20% too

SHHHHHHH, keep this to yourselves......

Edited by Yob80

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

For all who want a range buff to the Atlanta, you can already get one.

I was hoping to keep this little trick secret, but here goes.....

Get the tier 4 captain skill Advance Firing Training. Gives +20% to range of guns up to 155mm in caliber.  Its under the secondaries skills tree but I have it and I can confirm it works.  My Atlanta has a range of 13.28klms, and even more funny is the cleveland has a range of over 17klms. Also as a + it ups the AA range by 20% too

SHHHHHHH, keep this to yourselves......

It's not news, the problem is the ridiculously high arcs and long shell travel times make the increased range barely usable.

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

Yeah i know, i dont hit often, but what it mainly causes is people screwing their own aim trying to dodge the incessant rain of shells as you close the distance.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

All it needs is a fix to it's shell arc.

TBF it behave like that IRL - Thus the arc it currently it had.

But I agree, all it need is a Buff to Velocity and Slight Adjustment to 5 inchs' arc. It really doesn't need a Range buff.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

TBF it behave like that IRL - Thus the arc it currently it had.

But I agree, all it need is a Buff to Velocity and Slight Adjustment to 5 inchs' arc. It really doesn't need a Range buff.

Yeah i've come to that mentality. range means nothing is the shells don't even land in the same postcode.

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

Lupis, if you want an Atlanta buddy (trust me 2 running together is hilarious) add me as a friend and ill toon up when im on.  I enjoy running mine, probably my fav. ship, which is kinda sad so far seeing as its a prem.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Lupis, if you want an Atlanta buddy (trust me 2 running together is hilarious) add me as a friend and ill toon up when im on.  I enjoy running mine, probably my fav. ship, which is kinda sad so far seeing as its a prem.

Same here :great:

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

An extra 2-3kms to range would make all the difference in world to this ship

Having the shell arc be better would be better.

Same here :great:

Okay.

Edited by Lupis