You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

Buff Atlanta's gun range.

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

It's odd that a tier 7 ship has the range of a tier 3 ship. If it's balancing reason then the shells arc is balancing enough.

Though after a few matches i found it's a big USN DD and you really have to play it as one. So off island hugging i go.

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Everything from tier 4 to tier 7 have better range!

If shooting down planes make big $$$ i wouldn't mind but alas you get jack squat for shooting down planes. So Atlanta really needs a gun range buff. 13km at least.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

It's a light cruiser that uses what are basically destroyer guns.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Dakka ship
Short range for balance

SAME goes to Kitakami as well

Edited by Harpoon01

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

If you get the "Advance Fire Training" Captain skill, doesn't it increase the range to about 13.3km? That's a pretty respectable range for a flamethrower.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

If you get the "Advance Fire Training" Captain skill, doesn't it increase the range to about 13.3km? That's a pretty respectable range for a flamethrower.

^ This.

Advanced Firing training is prettymuch THE skill to get for most Cruisers/Battleships, especially USN ones.

Since the Atlanta is a premium, which is likely to use captains from other ship without any penalty, I don't see how you would have range problem with the ship.

Increasing the ship's base range and then adds the boost from commander skill would make it OP IMO. Sure you still have to lead alot, but hey your guns have 12 RoF and tons of HE fires. The Cleveland and Mogami clearly demonstrated how devastating a Cruiser with fast firing HE guns with long range can be.

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
42 posts
1,414 battles

Why not give it a air fleet as well, why not 20 torps each side as well.

There is a reason why it has limited range. Maybe start playing it to it's positives rather then negatives.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Why not give it a air fleet as well, why not 20 torps each side as well.

There is a reason why it has limited range. Maybe start playing it to it's positives rather then negatives.

Yeah doing that now. Still a pain due to the short range but once in range. oh mama. Now if only it didn't lob shells.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

ah yes I love lobbing shells over 19seconds in advance

and then praying for all my hope that one actually hits or said person is still travelling in one direction for 19 seconds in the first place