Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NotKnown38416

1 Shot killed by torp?

14 comments in this topic

1 post
2,675 battles

So there I was casually cruising along in my BB..... wait no I wasn't. I was in my South Carolina, engaging a DD at close range (because, you know, team mates), dodging torpedos; coming under air attack and all, when finally there was 1 torp from a bomber that I couldn't dodge. So I checked my health... 25k. "No problem. 1 lone torp from a Hosho to hitting my bow head on won't hurt too much" I thought to myself.

Oh but how wrong I was. That lone torpedo hit me and BAM! 24,710 damage received, insta killed.

And yes it was only 1 torp, I checked the post battle report (can provide if you guys really want it).

Looking at the stats for the Hosho's torp bombers, they can only do 8567 damage, only 1/3rd of what I received from 1 single torp.

Is this game like WoT whereby you can be insta popped if the damage is done in the right spot? Or should I be posting this to the bug report section?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

You can be instapopped by one torp hitting the magazine, yes. Mind showing the post-battle report?

Edited by Syanda

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

there are 2 places you never want to be hit with a torp - the Bow and the Stern!! there is no armor, so basically you had your bow shot off

Alpha Tester
982 posts

We'll never know for sure unless he posts the battle report. He's not fought many battles so he may not have noticed getting a flag for the mag det.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Did you get the achivement flag after the battle ? ...

It happen to me once ... Torp bomber hit my magazine and my Full HP Kongo is gone in 2 minute of battle :(

Sign in to follow this