You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AALG

AALG's Fourteenth WoWS Video - Tirpitz - A legend that hits hard

12 comments in this topic

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Being in Europe and playing on the Asia server means at times I'll be playing during low population hours. In those cases battles might end up with 4v4 or similar, due to the limited amount of players online at that time.

This happened with my Tirpitz battle, a 4 versus 4 Domination mode battle on the Hotspot map.  Spawning alone at base A, while the other 3 on the team spawned together at base C, meant that it would be an interesting battle, at least for me.

A late load-in due to being the first battle  I played in the session, meant that the HE had almost loaded, when I entered the game, so my first volley on an Izumo at 18 km range "just" did 2.9K damage with the 5 shells that landed taking out 3 secondary guns,, and damaging another secondary gun and an AA gun. 

Then the fun began in earnest - An Atago coming for me, supported by a sneaky Fubuki with 15 km range type 90 torpedos - 4 salvos with 3 citadel hits took care of the Atago, then a lot of torp dodging, including a torp going under the stern between the screws and the rudder - thank god the torps were contact fused and not proximity fused, or my Tirpitz would have met the same fate as the Bismarck, its sistership -  stuck rudder and no steering. ;)

An Iowa then turned up dealing a lot of damage to me, but getting a surprise in the form of a full citadel hit for 21K damage, followed by a torp hit for 9.7K damage, followed by another citadel hit for the remaining 14K health she had.. 

Yep, the Tirpitz is fun, and with its mobility and good guns + the torps, it can be a nasty opponent to deal with.

In total, the battle ended up with over 108K damage dealt, 2 kills, a High Caliber award (hitting 4 or more targets for at least 30 % of the total HP in that team), 500K+ credits earned, and a staggering 5592 XP earned, considering there were only 4 targets in total.

The sheer funfactor of the Tirpitz makes it a no-brainer : A must-have ship. Highly recommended. Get it in the Giftshop if you can - You won't regret it.

As usual, available in 1080P HD for the full gory details, and includes the complete After Battle Report at the end of the video.

p.s 
(NDA on videos for the Tirpitz has been lifted - Message received on skype 07:08 UTC from the WoWS producers meeting in Vienna)

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I hate you.

+1.

Edited by Haku

10 posts
1 battles

Being in Europe and playing on the Asia server means at times I'll be playing during low population hours. In those cases battles might end up with 4v4 or similar, due to the limited amount of players online at that time.

This happened with my Tirpitz battle, a 4 versus 4 Domination mode battle on the Hotspot map.  Spawning alone at base A, while the other 3 on the team spawned together at base C, meant that it would be an interesting battle, at least for me.

A late load-in due to being the first battle  I played in the session, meant that the HE had almost loaded, when I entered the game, so my first volley on an Izumo at 18 km range "just" did 2.9K damage with the 5 shells that landed taking out 3 secondary guns,, and damaging another secondary gun and an AA gun. 

Then the fun began in earnest - An Atago coming for me, supported by a sneaky Fubuki with 15 km range type 90 torpedos - 4 salvos with 3 citadel hits took care of the Atago, then a lot of torp dodging, including a torp going under the stern between the screws and the rudder - thank god the torps were contact fused and not proximity fused, or my Tirpitz would have met the same fate as the Bismarck, its sistership -  stuck rudder and no steering. ;)

An Iowa then turned up dealing a lot of damage to me, but getting a surprise in the form of a full citadel hit for 21K damage, followed by a torp hit for 9.7K damage, followed by another citadel hit for the remaining 14K health she had.. 

Yep, the Tirpitz is fun, and with its mobility and good guns + the torps, it can be a nasty opponent to deal with.

In total, the battle ended up with over 108K damage dealt, 2 kills, a High Caliber award (hitting 4 or more targets for at least 30 % of the total HP in that team), 500K+ credits earned, and a staggering 5592 XP earned, considering there were only 4 targets in total.

The sheer funfactor of the Tirpitz makes it a no-brainer : A must-have ship. Highly recommended. Get it in the Giftshop if you can - You won't regret it.

As usual, available in 1080P HD for the full gory details, and includes the complete After Battle Report at the end of the video.

p.s 
(NDA on videos for the Tirpitz has been lifted - Message received on skype 08:08 UTC from the WoWS producers meeting in Vienna)

That means Tirpitz is about to be released to premium shop?..:)

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Bad accuracy ? What are you talking about ? 5 shells from a volley fired at a target 18 km away, takes out 3 Secondaries, and damages 1 AA gun plus a 4'th secondary, and does almost 3K damage - HE shells mind you.. Imagine what it would have done if it was AP.

The Atago would also discount your claim of bad accuracy, with the 2 first volleys hitting it, taking 14K and 16K HP off him at midrange (10 km), and finally the Iowa, would scream bloody murder, if the 27K and 15K HP volleys it received at close range was considered bad accuracy...

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Bad accuracy ? What are you talking about ? 5 shells from a volley fired at a target 18 km away, takes out 3 Secondaries, and damages 1 AA gun plus a 4'th secondary, and does almost 3K damage - HE shells mind you.. Imagine what it would have done if it was AP.

The Atago would also discount your claim of bad accuracy, with the 2 first volleys hitting it, taking 14K and 16K HP off him at midrange (10 km), and finally the Iowa, would scream bloody murder, if the 27K and 15K HP volleys it received at close range was considered bad accuracy...

Well I might have remembered it wrong somehow, maybe my previous impression from another Tirpitz stream. :hiding:

Super Tester
1,677 posts

so can I show off the Tirpitz on the flippin monitor or is that aspect still buried under the NDA save for the vids?