You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KolossalkabawSEA

Islands Map - ship stuck ashore. didn't 'unshore' myself

12 comments in this topic

82 posts
508 battles

I was happily cruising with my Tenryu eager to shot down enemy ships when my ship collided with an island. I did expect that I would easily extricate my ship from the island but I was not able to. I was MIA for the rest of the game. The ship just move back and forth and middle section of the ship is the part that got stuck. Not sure if it's a bug. I was hoping that ships won't get permanently get stuck on an island and miss the rest of the game.

5BDDZtN.jpgkr3mKR6.jpg

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I think the underwater shoreline still counts as landmass much like what a reef basically is.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I was just moving back and forth. I was like a duckling with its one webbed foot stuck in the gutter. :(

looking at that SS you would of needed to move astern to stbd to swing your bow out, then fwd to port, and again and again to free yourself.

82 posts
508 battles

looking at that SS you would of needed to move astern to stbd to swing your bow out, then fwd to port, and again and again to free yourself.

Exactly what I did. I was moving forward and astern. Moved my bow to point outward then go forward then my stern get stuck. Do the opposite, my bow got stuck. Welp.

496 posts
4,170 battles

it's more like the center of you ship is stuck not the front

Exactly what I did. I was moving forward and astern. Moved my bow to point outward then go forward then my stern get stuck. Do the opposite, my bow got stuck. Welp.

of back so use the logic you won't be able to move. did you try reversing/forward with changes on your rudder?

The thing is that those "landmasses" are sticky :hiding: eventhough they are not supposed to be that way.

they should put damages for running aground too....

Edited by ShiraYukira

82 posts
508 battles

did you try reversing/forward with changes on your rudder?

I did everything I could possibly think of. Even meditating on "Hast thou exerted all possible efforts." There were times that I thought I was already out but then my stern will get stuck at the last moment. Or the other way when my ship is moving astern, my bow would get stuck.

496 posts
4,170 battles

I did everything I could possibly think of. Even meditating on "Hast thou exerted all possible efforts." There were times that I thought I was already out but then my stern will get stuck at the last moment. Or the other way when my ship is moving astern, my bow would get stuck.

another solution is,,,

ask a friendly ship to push you  from the back  mostlikely a small ship like another tenryuu or your DD

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I typed in the game chat "IM STUCK. PLEASE HELP" nobody came :(

No one could help you, not with out getting stuck them selfs. When you get stuck, put your rudder hard over to seaward and go in reverse. After 30 seconds, switch rudder and go forward. You should rock the ship off the embankment. If all else fails, turn the engine off and aim the guns to seaward