You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zzzzYeti

So, what does everyone think of what they have seen of the Tirpitz, so far?

72 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
4,163 posts
1,924 battles

Tirpitz has camouflage on her starboard side but not on her port side?

Yep. Her paint scheme in June-July 1942, apparently.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,818 battles

From what i have seen of it it is not exactly something i will be spending money on.

North Carolina seems like a much better ship. Heck even Amagi seems better. 

Beta Tester
856 posts
818 battles

From what i have seen of it it is not exactly something i will be spending money on.

North Carolina seems like a much better ship. Heck even Amagi seems better. 

Premiums here seem to be famous ships. I'm all for that.

WG Staff
606 posts
449 battles

It's just sad that whenever I go underway, there seems to a big "shoot me" sign painted on her hull... :(

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
1,643 posts
5,039 battles

It's because you're...Conana.

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

It's just sad that whenever I go underway, there seems to a big "shoot me" sign painted on her hull... :(

Of Course.

A. You had a "CONAN AKA BIGGEST TROLL EVAR MUHAHAHAHA" Just above your name. You see it?

B. It's a Tirpitz.

1,779 posts
379 battles

basically all of us when we're using it lol~ :D

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,889 battles

basically all of us when we're using it lol~ :D

Using Tirpitz make you have bigger chance to be targeted by 30% more

Conana names on it, it becomes 1000%

[LUCK]
802 posts

Using Tirpitz make you have bigger chance to be targeted by 30% more

Conana names on it, it becomes 1000%

NDA was lifted completely today. Focus fire has increased by 15%. I'm detecting saltier waters than usual.
Edited by Counterflak

[STGGC]
936 posts

NDA was lifted completely today. Focus fire has increased by 15%. I'm detecting saltier waters than usual.

are you sure those aren't shark tears?

[PIO]
68 posts
5,864 battles

Seeing that its a Tier 8 BB, She will have hitpoints in the 65-66k range and have a top speed of 30 knots. But dont be fooled by her size because although beautiful looking and fast she has the weakest guns of her tier at 15" which even the tier 6 Warspite boasts too. On the upside her guns are quicker firing because they were designed to out DPM an enemy BB but her AA is poor for her tier. And historically her turning speed is low and she will get blown out of water by the US Tier 8 BB North Carolina as she was designed to counter the Tirpitz and Yamato. Her Armor is the best at her tier at 320 mm compared to 305 mm of the North Carolina and the 254 mm of the Amagi. But in the hands of a skilled player she will burn down anything thats thrown at her. Looking forward to playing it.

Cheers,

Swapnil

[LUCK]
802 posts

Seeing that its a Tier 8 BB, She will have hitpoints in the 65-66k range and have a top speed of 30 knots. But dont be fooled by her size because although beautiful looking and fast she has the weakest guns of her tier at 15" which even the tier 6 Warspite boasts too. On the upside her guns are quicker firing because they were designed to out DPM an enemy BB but her AA is poor for her tier. And historically her turning speed is low and she will get blown out of water by the US Tier 8 BB North Carolina as she was designed to counter the Tirpitz and Yamato. Her Armor is the best at her tier at 320 mm compared to 305 mm of the North Carolina and the 254 mm of the Amagi. But in the hands of a skilled player she will burn down anything thats thrown at her. Looking forward to playing it.

Cheers,

Swapnil

69300HP actually. You know what? Have some stats.

2rAUJYo.jpg

FbrRRxg.jpg

• Cool 1

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

And historically her turning speed is low and she will get blown out of water by the US Tier 8 BB North Carolina as she was designed to counter the Tirpitz and Yamato. Her Armor is the best at her tier at 320 mm compared to 305 mm of the North Carolina and the 254 mm of the Amagi.

Before you show off, Make sure they are at least legit....

North Carolina Class, or even the South Dakotas, is in no way had any business to "Counter" the Yamato and Neither is to the Bismarcks.

Indeed NC had "Only" 305mm, it can resist 14-15 inch shell at combat distance either (Due to the Angle). Amagi is another story though.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
6,936 battles

Hell... What kind of battleship that has torps?... Lucky the range of these "fish" are just 6 km. But getting into a short range duel against a Tirpitz is not a good idea. :hiding:F8clFYe.jpg

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

Cheers,

Swapnil

Tirpitz guns fire fast, but it's smaller caliber and she gets less of them. If you compare them correctly, there's a huge gap between DPM of those 3 ships. The Tirpitz lags far behind other 2. While she has the same number and caliber of gun compare to Warspite, Tirpitz guns sure does fire faster, turn faster, higher shell velocity, better shell penetration, it's effectively tier7 firepower.

Armor protection is a mysterious thing though, you can't compare the thickest part of the ship and say the thicker one is better. Ships have complex armor layout of multiple parts with different armoring scheme and thickness. Tirpitz sure does have thick armor bet but her deck armor is weaker than North Carolina, you can't say Tirpitz is better armored.

In the hand of equally skilled player, Amagi and North Carolina will kick Tirpitz's ***, though I guess that's to be expected of a premium ship. :hiding:

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

In the hand of equally skilled player, Amagi and North Carolina will kick Tirpitz's ***, though I guess that's to be expected of a premium ship. 

You Forget the Totally Balanced, Completely Not Russian-Biased, Not better than Omaha in everyway Murmansk?

Edited by Alvin1020

808 posts
1,400 battles

Hell... What kind of battleship that has torps?... Lucky the range of these "fish" are just 6 km. But getting into a short range duel against a Tirpitz is not a good idea. :hiding:F8clFYe.jpg

Close range surprise.

Note to anybody wondering

Tirpitz does NOT have a Torpedo ammo storage like many would think, she cannot be detonated by shooting at these torpedoes with HE. The best you will get is a broken torpedo tube.

[PIO]
68 posts
5,864 battles

Before you show off, Make sure they are at least legit....

North Carolina Class, or even the South Dakotas, is in no way had any business to "Counter" the Yamato and Neither is to the Bismarcks.

Indeed NC had "Only" 305mm, it can resist 14-15 inch shell at combat distance either (Due to the Angle). Amagi is another story though.

Before u can flash your own credentials try reading these two history books

1) "Battleships: US Battleships 1935-1992", by William Garzke and Robert Dulin

2) "US Battleships: An Illustrated Design History", by Norman Friedman

Last Author teaches at the Naval War College.

After reading them i hope you will understand why i said that the North Carolina was influenced by the Axis Battleships especially how it got its triple 16 inchers instead of a 14" quad mount. And they are way more legit than u could imagine.

70 posts
890 battles

69300HP actually. You know what? Have some stats.

2rAUJYo.jpg

FbrRRxg.jpg

Thank you so much, sir.

Much respect.

Huge appreciation.

Very happy camper.

70 posts
890 battles

PS Message to WarGaming:

I am offering $250 USD for one Tirpitz right now.

Get one while the game is hot - good enough for me.

Serious offer.

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

Before u can flash your own credentials try reading these two history books

1) "Battleships: US Battleships 1935-1992", by William Garzke and Robert Dulin

2) "US Battleships: An Illustrated Design History", by Norman Friedman

OMGHistoriansIAmCompletelyWrong.

Just use your common sense. Geez. I am not saying you are Wrong on your historical Facts, but the Obvious Relationship.

View Postswap1997, on 25 August 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

Seeing that its a Tier 8 BB, She will have hitpoints in the 65-66k range and have a top speed of 30 knots. But dont be fooled by her size because although beautiful looking and fast she has the weakest guns of her tier at 15" which even the tier 6 Warspite boasts too. On the upside her guns are quicker firing because they were designed to out DPM an enemy BB but her AA is poor for her tier. And historically her turning speed is low and she will get blown out of water by the US Tier 8 BB North Carolina as she was designed to counter the Tirpitz and Yamato. Her Armor is the best at her tier at 320 mm compared to 305 mm of the North Carolina and the 254 mm of the Amagi.

The only thing I agree that they are Used in the Atlantic (1941) "In Case" of the Bismarck.

Not even the Iowas are designed to Fight off Yamatos. The Initial report at the time is for the US on the "Yamato" is that the Japanese is building 4 New BBs that had 16 inch Guns (Which is False). Thus USN did not need to Rush for Larger Guns and goes for the Iowas. Only Montanas are Truely "Designed" to Defeat Yamato.

You can decide whether that a ship design that is Earlier, Less Powerful than the Iowas and Still restricted by the London Naval Treaty are Designed to Fight off Yamatos?

It's Target is the Kongo Class Fast Battleships (Battlecruiser, Depends how you want to define it) And Also to Be assigned to protect the Increasingly Important CVs (Yorktown Class - 32 knots).

USN Does not Prioritize German Navy (If anything they targetted the RN) - And this although it is notable that the Germans are Building a "New" Warship - With German's Naval Strength, Strategic Target And Geographical Location - Comparing the NC to Bismarcks are Pointless.

Even more so, if the situation really do requires it, Do you really think the Colarados or hell even the 14 inch 21 knots BBs can't overwhelm the Bismarck? The New Mexicos and Tennessees are Easily capable of duelling the Bismarck and not lose.

Regardless, NC is Still more than Capable to defeat the Bismarck no problem due to it's Excellent Basic Design and Her Powerful 16 inch guns.

Edited by Alvin1020