You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zzzzYeti

So, what does everyone think of what they have seen of the Tirpitz, so far?

72 comments in this topic

70 posts
890 battles

I have had one game against the Tirpitz so far and I have to admit I was somewhat underwhelmed.

He didn't last that long and we never traded shots. It ended up in a Draw.

But the stats show 'TwistedOne' only slightly out-damaged my score and I was the idiot in a New Mexico in a pretty tough crowd.

You see, as I have said, I am waiting for the KreigsMarine, saving my shekels so I can buy up big.

I also spy on the Sozialisten for Großadmiral Raeder.

I will take care of the parteipolitisch. Then will have our balanced fleet. I am no fool like that other submarine lover. We will win.

Anyway, I just wondered what others had seen and felt about the super ship. What's your impressions?

VIwy2Gp.jpg

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Most of the guys who got to play the Tirpitz aren't that good at this game. They got the ship because WG, or business stuffs. :hiding:

From gameplay streams (mainly RU ones), she seems to have decent armor and gun range (in middle ground between Amagi and North Carolina), AA is just terrible, guns are fast firing and fast turning but dispersion is just bad. Other than that, torps can surprise people but that rarely happens.

In short, she's unique but not good enough. She does need better gun accuracy or AA.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I would only want the Tirpitz because she's an iconic warship, regardless of performance. Now when are they going to add Yamato's sister ship Musashi, I wonder.

Edited by Nikolaevna

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,241 battles

I've seen it twice ingame, first time I couldn't get close enough to torp it and the second time I got a bit to close and it left me a burning wreck.

Looks pretty damn cool though.

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

well since there few people own her i can't say that much,, statwise she got potential,, the only drawback is her turning speed,, same problem found in Bismarck,, but yeahh,, good RoF,, decent AA,, fast speed,, from her stat i gave her 7/10 because her turning speed (something that needed by EVERY ship,, even Nagato can turn faster than that)

let see how she doing when i command her :hiding:

Super Tester
1,677 posts

so you met TwistedOne.

well... to be fair though, treat the ship as if she's still in her shakedown cruise or sea trials if anything just like what happened in CBT with both Taiho and Hakuryu although I do not know of Midway of then.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Most of the guys who got to play the Tirpitz aren't that good at this game. They got the ship because WG, or business stuffs. :hiding:

The players got the ship to TEST because they are Super Testers. The ships stats are still under NDA, so very little information can be given.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

What do I think of Tirpitz? She's definitely a looker, that's for sure. USN battleships look utilitarian and solid. IJN battleships look stately and majestic. But Tirpitz and Bismarck? They're beautiful.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

What do I think of Tirpitz? She's definitely a looker, that's for sure. USN battleships look utilitarian and solid. IJN battleships look stately and majestic. But Tirpitz and Bismarck? They're beautiful.

although I think those who wanted KM ships here (iirc Germany kicks off on October... coincidentally on Oktoberfest and I think Gamescom somewhere in Germany as well) may cream themselves when they see her.

as for Tirpitz... again please treat her as she's still on her shakedown cruise. if she goes YOLO, pray its not the urge to see what happens when you ram it against another surface ship for testing purposes.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Incorrect. Those who have the Tirpitz on the Asia OBT server are supertesters from the Asia server. Just like in WoT, where vehicles coming in the next patch, are tested by Supertesters on the live server (WoT ST is RU only, WoWS ST is comprised of players from all the servers), they have it on their OBT account to test it before its released on the live server. ST'ers are from all levels of skills. They are also asked to test different characteristica of the ship, while on the OBT server. Including playing with out various skills on their captains, without signal flags etc, in order to generate data for the final adjustment of ship capabilities before its released.

70 posts
890 battles

I do think she is beautiful:

SpM0Axh.jpg

I feel foolish but I watched and watched the replay. Actually it was myself and a Nagato that sank the Tirpitz - it wasn't a big thing at the time (last of a series of encounters) - below the next shot kills her:

3wPgGMn.jpg

View from her bridge (??):

VjKz3zu.jpg

She was shooting at me:

rSrxwtl.jpg

BTW: shells not that powerful (as above): 4 torpedoes, not hard to avoid, fairly tight spread, long running.

Isn't she beautiful.

Super Tester
802 posts

As others have said, an erroneous statement. That or I've really trolled some people hard in the last couple of days. :trollface:

So basically it's a Bismarck with worse AA and torpedoes. What's to hate beside the turning speed, gun dispersion (Common BB problem) and the weak AA?

You've played the Bismark? Considering the Bismark will be in the tech tree, expect some balancing parameters.

Edited by Counterflak

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

She's definitely a looker, that's for sure. USN battleships look utilitarian and solid. IJN battleships look stately and majestic. But Tirpitz and Bismarck? They're beautiful.

B-But Does she had Cruiser Missile///???

qjSSvp8.jpg

And Is she taller than me 111!!!!

W69k9F2.jpg

Super Tester
1,677 posts

NOTHING can beat the Pagoda Mast of Fuso and Yamashiro... NUTHIN!

679 posts
3,488 battles

She is by far the most beautiful ship in the game so far.

Lots of wrong info in this thread. Can hardly wait till the STs can provide a little more accurate info.  Mind you if you watch Sidestrafe or dig on the NA Euro servers you will find more up to date info than is currently here.

STs cannot at this time provide us with accurate info due to NDA.  But every ST will have one in their boatshed atm, tasked to test the Tirpitz's performance.  And most will have also played the Bismarck in ST or PT.

Do yourself a favour and be sure to sign up for the PT, only a 5 gig download.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

That beast has torpedus. And that is the most dangerous thing about her. I saw an Amagi attempted to engage Tirpitz in a short range gunnery duel... Just to be blown out of the water because none ever expect a battleship to have torpedoes.

At first i thought that it was a rumour that Tirpitz has torps... Till i saw launchers on deck of a Tirpitz on my team.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I do think she is beautiful:

SpM0Axh.jpg

I feel foolish but I watched and watched the replay. Actually it was myself and a Nagato that sank the Tirpitz - it wasn't a big thing at the time (last of a series of encounters) - below the next shot kills her:

3wPgGMn.jpg

View from her bridge (??):

VjKz3zu.jpg

She was shooting at me:

rSrxwtl.jpg

BTW: shells not that powerful (as above): 4 torpedoes, not hard to avoid, fairly tight spread, long running.

Isn't she beautiful.

Tirpitz has camouflage on her starboard side but not on her port side?

70 posts
890 battles

You don't need camouflage on both sides when she's hiding from the RAF and RN.

Actually as I am sure you know, but cannot say, which is kewl, that the truth is more complex, more Teutonic and at the same time, the height of Maskirovka.

These devilish masters of deceit have created a ship with camouflage that becomes more obvious the closer it gets to you.

From dark at both bow and stern with little detail between, at long range:

71VPjJw.jpg

Darker as she gets closer:

urRmWUi.jpg

To really quite dark up close:

y8oaSxQ.jpg

It's similar to the starboard side but pale fore and aft, dark in between:

2BmBsT2.jpg

70 posts
890 battles

Just FYI - the torpedo spread (I over-reacted and thus had only my rear guns after a delay so the other guy got the kill - but that's kewl)

tA7RFwg.jpg

and then I had to avoid the ice-berg

oZRzbix.jpg