Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Sabre_

Two Brothers, .....again! and again! and again!

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
129 posts
3,249 battles

Seriously, are there any other maps.

I am sick and tired of this rubbish map being served up all the time.

In my last 2 days of playing around 20 games, i have had 2 Brothers about 13 times. Just tonight i play 5 games and yep, you guessed it, 2 Brothers for 4 of them.

Drop it out of rotation for a while.

I swear the next time i load in and get 2 Brothers, i'll just log out.

505 posts
4,176 battles

Seriously, are there any other maps.

I am sick and tired of this rubbish map being served up all the time.

In my last 2 days of playing around 20 games, i have had 2 Brothers about 13 times. Just tonight i play 5 games and yep, you guessed it, 2 Brothers for 4 of them.

Drop it out of rotation for a while.

I swear the next time i load in and get 2 Brothers, i'll just log out.

you should try playing other tiered ships like lower tier ships ? you need to rest from the mid tier

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

WG is trying to gather more data about this map, so they increased the frequency of this map being selected for the battle. The same happened to Hotspot a while ago, that case was much worse than this.

Plz deal with it, the game is still in Beta.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,251 battles

I don't have a problem with 2 brothers, its not a particularly good map but it has a good basic setup which could be easily altered to improve performance, the only problem I have with all the maps is that they feel way to artificial, with the clear lines that the islands follow and the centerpiece features that each map has. I realize that it is necessary for balanced game play though so i don't mind to much.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Rather 2 Brothers than the Ice map

Yeah, I really don't like that map either. Always seems to generate a lemming rush every time I play on it.

Super Tester
802 posts

Two brothers is a balanced map, it's just pubbehs can't play it. I've discussed the general meta of the map in a post in the previous Two Brothers whine thread and my issues with player passivity can be found there and the issues are limited mostly to standard

Best way to play it? Know your ship. If you're not fast enough to flex back (IE: <25knts) and/or are at the halfway point between your cap and theirs, continue pushing. Let the faster ships (if they can) and CVs to defend the base and convince your lesser skilled naval compatriots at the 7 minute mark to move towards their cap. ???? Profit.

7Vst5uY.jpg

56syFcL.jpg

505 posts
4,176 battles

2 brothers is a very good map!

it's quite balance

most of the time is just how your team mess up or it's just that no one kept an eye on the narrow route in the middle where enemy DD can pass into your territory!

there is decent amount of island at both sides where DD cold lurk behind them to attack enemy cruisers approaching , the map is really good because when attacking you need to know where most of your fleet are going...

the map is balanced for domination and standard game so it's good

i hid my CV in the narrow pass in the middle once in domination and an enemy cruiser went back to capture their D point after our DD cap 

best place to launch attacks on the map also one of the sort of safest place?

Reasons for unbalance will probably be:

Match Making issues ( but they are fixing it hopefully...)

AFKs

people doing random things like TK

Alpha Tester
129 posts
3,249 battles

It's not that i really dislike the map, i just find it a bit boring as it's sail one way and hope you find the enemy team or you end up in a cap race. Who goes middle?

While i well understand the need to gather info and stats from the map, could it be possible to just reduce the frequency, a bit?

When you play 4 out of 5 games on it, you get bored really quickly.

Islands of Ice i well remember.......

125 posts
913 battles

Two brothers is a balanced map, it's just pubbehs can't play it. I've discussed the general meta of the map in a post in the previous Two Brothers whine thread and my issues with player passivity can be found there and the issues are limited mostly to standard

Best way to play it? Know your ship. If you're not fast enough to flex back (IE: <25knts) and/or are at the halfway point between your cap and theirs, continue pushing. Let the faster ships (if they can) and CVs to defend the base and convince your lesser skilled naval compatriots at the 7 minute mark to move towards their cap. ???? Profit.

7Vst5uY.jpg

56syFcL.jpg

this! very balanced. you try and play ocean only maps for 15 games straight. when that happens get back to me OP

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,459 battles

Agree with a lot of these comments. I agree that during beta they might ratchet up the frequency of the new maps, but I also struggle with the effect it has on gameplay.

One of the key datasets wg will be looking for in this test is the player drop off rate. This might artificially contribute to that stat.

My experience isnt that much centred on two brothers, rather each day I log in it seems to lock me into getting one paricular map at a very high frequency. Lately for me its the fault line map, but I also experienced oversaturation of islands of ice and hotspot when they were new. I now hardly ever draw them.

With the obt reset I was able to monitor this a bit more closely. Given I think u can draw the ocean map from t5 onwards, it was 70 odd battles into t5 ships before I drew it. Just a note about me and my gameplay style, I'm currently at t7 for everything and going to be there for a while. Just a product of wg's economy and my unwillingness to use gold to free xp past stuff, rather use it for ships and premium. Based on wg's own admission, they designed the game with the intent that you can play their games without paying, and only want ppl to pay because they want to, not because they have to.

My point is; my ongoing playability of this game is going to be built around it staying fresh, through different ships and different maps. Given theres only about 4-5 maps available at each tier group, its only going to continue to be engaging if that's spread out as much as possible.

I quite like this game. The effort into the details and it looking a quality presentation are fantastic. The economy is a little annoying, but livable if the game is really engaging. I think map randomisation at the moment is a key issue I would have before chucking too much more money into this game. Hope for the best!

Ps sry for war and peace but wanted to be clear.

Sign in to follow this