Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lawiez

BB repair ability

14 comments in this topic

37 posts
3,443 battles

When BB uses the repair, it sometimes heals for the full amount, and sometimes less than the stated amount.

I am assuming it doesn't repair stuff that have been destroyed, just damaged.

So, is there anyway there could be a tooltip or something that tells me how much my repair ability would heal for BEFORE i use it? Or perhaps the damage bar should show unrepairable/repairable hp

for example if the bb has 2000 hp left out of 10000, with 3000 not repairable, the hp bar would show: 

2000 / 10000 ( 7000 )

where the 7000 will be the theoretical max hp you can repair up to regardless of how much repair ability you have

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I think you can Go and have a look in the Newcomers Section first.

Oh, And this:

Repair Party

The Repair Party consumable available on battleships as well as tier IX and X cruisers repairs at a rate of 0.5% of the ship's total HP per second for up to 28 seconds when activated. So the Ibuki with 39k HP for example would be able to recover 195 HP per second for a maximum total of 5460 HP per charge. However, the actual amount recoverable per charge is dependent on the type of damage received.

• Damage from over-penetration, fire and flooding is 100% recoverable.
  • Damage from normal shell penetration/torpedo hits is ~50% recoverable.
  • Damage from citadel hits is only 10% recoverable.

Therefore it's important to keep track of the damage your ship has suffered and only activate the Repair Party when you know you can recover the maximum amount per charge. An easy way to do this is to memorize the maximum amount your ship can recover (the consumable's tooltip will tell you how many HP per second it can recover) and only activate it after you've taken at least double the amount of damage (unless you are certain they were citadel hits) or to counter fire damage if your Damage Control is on cooldown.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

ahhh silly of me!!!!!!!!

No, it's in fact a perfectly reasonable request. The game is full of examples of failing to provide important info a player would want in order to play better than without it.

Why shouldn't a player know that they're about to get 2 parts of **** all return on using their repair before they use it? No reason at all, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Take note that tier10 BB can repair at faster rate than other ships. Most ships recover 14% of their max hp at most, while tier10 is 20%.

No, it's in fact a perfectly reasonable request. The game is full of examples of failing to provide important info a player would want in order to play better than without it.

Why shouldn't a player know that they're about to get 2 parts of **** all return on using their repair before they use it? No reason at all, as far as I can tell.

WG could just use the excuse that the game is still in Beta, that they would add detailed explanation later before the game goes into official release.

Just an excuse though. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I didn't mean it as a shot at WG, I meant it as a shot at the idea it's an unreasonable request or that people should know how these things work.

As is the case with WoT, the game itself is a black hole in terms of educating players as to how things work vis a vis real, in-game effects.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Agreed - There's so much in game that I have to learn elsewhere instead of in-game - And it's not like those things are not important (For Example, how Bush and Stealth Works in WoT) - Yet there never had been an "Official" Source in game to learn about it.

Warships is kinda better in a way I guess, With the Co-Op Battles. But still, lack of proper Tutorial to different Important mechanics is no doubt a problem.

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,415 battles

It would've been real easy to implement in game as well by a separate announcement "We've taken citadel damage" at least then it would be easier to note when to activate a repair.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Agreed - There's so much in game that I have to learn elsewhere instead of in-game - And it's not like those things are not important (For Example, how Bush and Stealth Works in WoT) - Yet there never had been an "Official" Source in game to learn about it.

Warships is kinda better in a way I guess, With the Co-Op Battles. But still, lack of proper Tutorial to different Important mechanics is no doubt a problem.

There are 'official things', just not in game. They really at least should be linked.

These vids below have been around for 1.5-2.5 years, for example.

Even so, THEY make reference to how many important things simply aren't available to the player. The MM one, for example, points out "you can't understand how MM works without understanding balance weight; balance weight is a hidden parameter not displayed in the descriptions of the vehicles". LOL, about sums it up, doesn't it? Same goes for things like terrain resistances etc etc.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Don't know whether you played Destiny before - One of the Critical Flaws of it is that..... You guess it:

None of the Important Clues and Story is In The ____ing Game.... Meaning you don't care/know about it when you are playing the game....?

External Materials Enriches Gameplay - Yes 100% True - Yet being such Basic feature and even Core mechanics, You will need to browse around to even "Know about" it let alone Understand it? Serious? Use myself as an example, I'll admit - I don't know the 3m behind Bush Stealth Shooting Tactic until ~1000 Games.

I don't know man. They seems overly "Rely" on Wikis, External Websites or Youtubers to Guide people instead of At Least introducing them by themselves.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I understand that it can repair only "minor damaged" when you get hit 

but mice post there 

but I still not get the repair system for something ....  

I find that 1 repair consumable may not enough to repair all damage so sometime I use 2nd one even not get anymore damage between 1st and 2nd and it can repair more

here the problem.. some time I use consumeable but it no repair at all ... If there not gonna repair then why the consumable is used !? .. make no sense at all 

so I agree Lawiez that it should be indicator to tell us how much HP are repairable before we decide to use consumable or not 

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

WG has always been useless at giving players information that is absolutely crucial in terms of understanding games, because evidently they seem to think that ignorance is best, I guess some of those old Soviet ideas stuck with some people.

Sign in to follow this