Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

RNG completely ruin low-mid tier BB captain?

23 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

I think all of you guys played BBs before know that feeling, RNG control over 70% of your gameplay. you can aim well, shoot well, even you are the best BB player, but if RNG says no, you can get beaten by a noob easily (you know, those 6-7 cit in one salvo BS and insta kill a iowa)

there's one time I am playing low tier BB, and a AFK BB is sitting in the open (3-4km range), I open fire (full salvo) over 6 times, and still can't kill him. I aim right at his citidel, just above waterline, 80% of your shots miss, and not even a citidel hit was given, even I am in the best position to fire at him, nope, not a hit.

after unlocking few BBs, I start to being butthurt about BB's accuracy, even a tier 1 ship got better accuracy than a mid tier BB... WTF, it isn't suppose to be that, I mean... at the same range, shooting at the same target.

will they change the spread? I heard someone say that before.

and do I really need to grind to tier9/10 BB to get a better gun accuracy?

RN- Jesus too stronk

Edited by yanyatcheng

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Devs Specifically said the Inaccuracy is intentional, I Quote,"If you don't like it, Play Cruisers."

As for Close Range Buff, there will be one in 4.1 for shots under (And Around, I suppose) 3km.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,246 battles

RNGesus is harsh on BB's because if they had cruiser accuracy with BB range and damage they would be utterly broken (imagine getting hit by 5 citadel hits and dying instantly at 20km before your in range to return fire)

play a BB like a support ship, taking damage and distracting the enemies with your big guns while the cruisers and destroyers cleanup, not a glamorous job but its the best way to play BB.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Oh, Remind me of something:

I suppose I don't need to introduce Who's Jingles?

Jingles himself, although to an extent Justified, is "Doing it Wrong" himself as well. 

Notice how he aim his BBs - He aim on the Middle of the Hull usually - Where is Actually not good for landing those Citadel Hits. He's Partially right on the CQB thing, though.

To Land those Gigantic hits, Refer to Mingfang - He's right:

Remember:

And don't aim above the waterline.

Edited by Alvin1020

295 posts
501 battles

actually... I've been doing it right all the time.... I aim at where the video taught me, and I've watched hours and hours of live stream from good players like arron and ichase, but still I can't land one because of the spread and simply: the computer don't want you to have. 

and now I find out that using HE does more damage because RNG is not always on my side that give me more damage, I want those 10000 point hits, but no, barely happens to me. enemy show his board side, and I angle well, fire, hit the part I should hit, and my computer always give me a "NOPE" instead

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Watch the tutorial video on how to aim, watch the whole video & don't skip.

And don't aim above the waterline.

Please note that aim at not above the waterline is for only when the enemy ship is at long range and steady course

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Please note that aim at not above the waterline is for only when the enemy ship is at long range and steady course

Agreed.

Again, It really comes from experience. Played quite a bit a BBs back in CBT, And I can Pretty reliably hit on the Second Salvo if not the First one Up to Range of 15-18km. And Remember I don't had any God-Like Aim like many of the ST do.

(Although I still Sucks on my USN 5 inchs....

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You guys know why the spread of battleship guns are so ridiculous? Wargaming tatics, so it can profit from players 

No, so Cruiser and especially Destroyer able to win against Battleship

You know if Battleship have accurate guns, what Happened in Navy Field  will most likely happen in this game (With BB, Subs, and Carrier are everything you can dream on)

125 posts
913 battles

No, so Cruiser and especially Destroyer able to win against Battleship

You know if Battleship have accurate guns, what Happened in Navy Field  will most likely happen in this game (With BB, Subs, and Carrier are everything you can dream on)

people should learn how to shoot their guns 1 at a time rather then full salvo when the target is far away.. most of my shots make contact. half penetrate. people who complain about the issue with bb ( not  you Harpoon), DEAL WIT IT

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

It's a balance parameter, as has been said already.

If a BB with its massive alpha potential, armour and health could reliably hit where it aims 50% of the time regardless of range then there'd be no point in playing anything other than a CV. Even DDs would die soon after being detected by a CV's planes or the BB's scout.

Is it annoying? Yes. Does it mean skill is essentially a diluted factor? Yes.

Is it necessary for the viability of the game? Absolutely yes.

And it's that last one that matters most. That's my view on it, for what that's worth.

Does it make for satisfying game play? Well, that's an entirely different and interesting discussion to have.

Cheers

p.s. worth noting that a hit rate of as high as 5% (yes, I said 'high as' because it was often lower) for BBs firing at long ranges (think 15km ot greater) was considered the norm. Bear that in mind when considering how 'realistic' it all is. A BB simply would trash any other opponent in a straight gun fight in reality, doubly so as the accuracy increases as range decreases and a large calibre gun was catastrophically more damaging than 8" guns or lower. 

Edited by Steeltrap

679 posts
3,488 battles

Had a 58% WR rate.  Got Myogi, Kongo, Wyoming and New York (New York 10% WR avg 54k dmg, Kongo stock 6 losses, 7 games etc etc etc...), now 45%.

Got the message WG, gone back to Cruisers.

TY WG you the man!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

You guys know why the spread of battleship guns are so ridiculous? Wargaming tatics, so it can profit from players 

Do you really have evidence why the spread of Battleship guns are ridiculous?

You know why the spread of machine gun, derp gun, autoloaders in World of Tanks, large caliber gun on planes in World of Warplanes, submachine gun, machinegun, assault rifle, & AA guns in any shooters, are ridiculous?

Game balance. Prevention of overpowered content in any online game.

Giving accuracy buff on the Battleship guns will totally mess up players who lack of gun range in early or midway of the battles.

If you don't like it, play Carrier (but you have to go suffer through Battleship first), Cruiser or Destroyer.

I'm still enjoying my Myougi until I unlocked carrier & Kongou.

Super Tester
802 posts

people should learn how to shoot their guns 1 at a time rather then full salvo when the target is far away.. most of my shots make contact. half penetrate. people who complain about the issue with bb ( not  you Harpoon), DEAL WIT IT

I've experimented with this and found it has no effect on dispersion. Dispersion is still going to remain on your guns regardless. 

295 posts
501 battles

if the shot miss over 10 km, fine, but not when I am shooting at a stationary target, under 10 km, and RNG just mess everything up.

this is just a balance between high skill level player and low kill level player, just like BF4, just to make sure those pro BB player are worse than what they practice for, and give more chance for those who don't know how to aim to get a citidel hit. 

if BB player can aim at long range and get a cit, they DESERVED IT! you are not going to take away their skill because of it's all a random generate number, and even you want to add spread, that's too ridiculous on this game, I am gaving so many time shooting at stationary target, aim right, and miss all my shot in like 4 in a roll

same thing with WOT and war thunder, guns on tank don't have spread, they can still one shot tanks when they hit the magazine and engine, why don't they add spread huh?

I've played alot of FPS and I clearly know that what's balance, but not "computer decide you all miss or all hit" 

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

It just random, sometime you got bad luck ... I still in low tier BB, in Wyoming it can fire 12 shot in same time but sometime it just all miss with cruiser at 4km away and I agree it happen little too much and it very annoying cas you have to wait for another 30 sec to fire again and find that it all miss again ... but sometime (it happen to me only twice) I sunk Full HP omaha and furutaka  in one salvo with 2citadel hits that almost 10km away ....so it feel kind of Overpowered and Underpowered in the same time...

Edited by WindCruiser

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

I've played alot of FPS and I clearly know that what's balance, but not "computer decide you all miss or all hit" 

Well then. Matter sorted. This guy has the answer. Move along people, we have ourselves the electronic gaming equivalent of Thomas Young (The Man Who Knew Everything).

Now - can you fix world hunger, introduce world peace, fix the social and economic inequalities while you're at it? Should be easy as you're clearly a professional...

Tee

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

same thing with WOT, guns on tank don't have spread, they can still one shot tanks when they hit the magazine and engine, why don't they add spread huh?

I've played alot of FPS and I clearly know that what's balance, but not "computer decide you all miss or all hit

Clearly you don't know squat about WoT, LOL. It has RNG up the yazoo, too.

What do you think the accuracy numbers of guns are, and the 'bloom' effects when moving/turning the turret? Not to mention the couple of times WG has changed the sigma value for the distribution of shots around the centre. Those are all cases of "computer decides if you hit/miss".

How about the RANDOM adjustments both to pen AND damage? That means "computer decides if you penetrate, or if you kill the low health target".

LOL. Too funny.

Edited by Steeltrap

295 posts
501 battles

what I only know is, I have a super hard time playing in BB because even I got good aim, the shots will miss, even there's a few flying right at the middle of the ship, they bounced (near cit), I've put a good angle to enemy BBs, it still bounce, and than I will get rekt by those who get blessed b RN_Jesus, and got cited right away.

every time, I aim, RNG makes my shot bounce without a good reason. I do what I learn from great BB player, still getting rekt.

*I am not those "bad player" that don't know how to aim

Edited by yanyatcheng

125 posts
913 battles

I've experimented with this and found it has no effect on dispersion. Dispersion is still going to remain on your guns regardless. 

well yeah. i have no problems with dispersion most of the time. guess RNGeezus is on my side?! :)

295 posts
501 battles

well yeah. i have no problems with dispersion most of the time. guess RNGeezus is on my side?! :)

RNGeesuz always mess with me, first, with matchmaking, over 80% playing on a bad team, and when I try hard, they make all my good shot miss. 3.4km, shoot at a DD, got good aim ,only one hit (HE shell) and do 900 damage. WTF... that's a ~350 mm shell....

BB is so unbalanced in mid tier, cruiser always win, because your shell MUST bounce in light cruiser, even you got a hit must be less than 1000 DP 

Edited by yanyatcheng

Sign in to follow this