Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Delphaeus

Torpedo friendly fire - first 10 seconds damages the firing ship

3 comments in this topic

32 posts
1,242 battles

So if you fire a torpedo and it damages an ally within the first 10 seconds, instead of the ally taking damage, the person firing the torpedo would take the damage. After 10 seconds you could argue that the ship being hit had ample opportunity to dodge the torpedoes

At the moment, there is almost no consequence for shooting allies, and after my last game being shot by 3 friendly torpedoes from a ship less than 100 meters away I will definitely not be buying any consumeables...

45 posts
1,228 battles

Not sure this is a good idea. For instance I torped and sank a friendly DD recently (perhaps not so friendly anymore) He was passing to the right at speed and I fired to his left with some clearance from further back aiming for a enemy cruiser. No sooner did I fire than he reversed direction and cruised straight back in front of my torpedoes making no attempt to evade. I consider this to be completely his fault as he was aware I was in the vicinity and should have had warnings either before he reversed course or shortly after. 

32 posts
1,242 battles

Not sure this is a good idea. For instance I torped and sank a friendly DD recently (perhaps not so friendly anymore) He was passing to the right at speed and I fired to his left with some clearance from further back aiming for a enemy cruiser. No sooner did I fire than he reversed direction and cruised straight back in front of my torpedoes making no attempt to evade. I consider this to be completely his fault as he was aware I was in the vicinity and should have had warnings either before he reversed course or shortly after. 

Are you sure he was hit within 10 seconds though?

Assuming what you've said is true, I would think it would be quite difficult to turn 180 degrees, maneuver into the path of the torpedoes and then be hit by the torpedoes within 10 seconds. (if he was hit more than 10 seconds after you fired the torpedoes, he would take the damage and not you)

Sign in to follow this