Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NguyenArchitakuVN

Bombers are annoying.

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Do you think that it is annoying to be set on fire every single time you get hit by bombs from dive bombers? Every time i see a squadron of dive bombers approaching my ship... I know well crap... Another fire. I believe ships get caught on fire by dive bombers too often. Nearly 99% of the time i get hit by bombs, they set me on fire. 

And one more thing WG hasn't get it fixed yet. Torpedo bombers drop their torps too close to my ship. It seems almost impossible to dodge even for a destroyer. It doesn't happen very often but when ever a carrier player decided to "rush kill" an enemy vessel, he manually control his squadrons and drop the torps really close to the target. Of course these carrier players are good enough to estimate the correct distance of dropping so the torps will have enough time to engage. It makes gameplay somewhat frustrating for the victims. WG really have to do something, like increase the effectiveness of AA fire if enemy planes get closer to the warships. And I don't mean carriers are OP are something like that. It's just so annoying to be killed during the first 4 minutes of a battle haven't even seen an enemy.

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

bomber surely are annoying then before

but that was it suppose to do, when your ships get hit by bomb you cant except it to be oh like only 10-100 damage when it impact

although the fire is the main start of the bomber and it isnt really easy to hit somebody with bomber..cause it like RNG and stuff

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It seems almost impossible to dodge even for a destroyer.

...If you get killed by Bombers in a Destroyer, you deserves a cookie for incompetence.

Honestly, the only way for CV to kill DD is to ultilize atleast 2 squads of TB with manual cross-dropping from 2 sides. Even so, it's still difficult to do because most DD can outrun USN TB torps, and IJN TB torps have huge gaps in them and they don't do as much damage to 1 shot DD, not to mention the CV captain has to be quite competent to pull such move off. If you get killed by DB though, then blame RNG for that.

As for being set on fire: Well that's the only thing DB can do, their damage is quite crap. The main trick is to hold onto your damage control party and wait till last attack wave to finish before using it. If the Carrier captain attacks in multiple waves with lengthy gap in between (to force you to prematurely use Damage Control party), then that's smart play on his side. Generally I Torpedo enemy ship with TB first, with DB wait at good distance from target (so they don't see my DB); once I see my target used his Damage Control party, I rush my DB in and burn him to death. It doesn't always work though.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,251 battles

I've found that the best thing to do against dive bombers in a DD is to go into a hard turn when you think your going to be attacked, the CV captain needs to then keep adjusting the angle of approach inorder to get the ideal attack or they will go stuff it and attack someone else, with the Torpedo Bombers altering speed and random turns will make an ideal attack approach difficult. 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

I've found that the best thing to do against dive bombers in a DD is to go into a hard turn when you think your going to be attacked, the CV captain needs to then keep adjusting the angle of approach inorder to get the ideal attack or they will go stuff it and attack someone else, with the Torpedo Bombers altering speed and random turns will make an ideal attack approach difficult. 

bomber surely are annoying then before

but that was it suppose to do, when your ships get hit by bomb you cant except it to be oh like only 10-100 damage when it impact

although the fire is the main start of the bomber and it isnt really easy to hit somebody with bomber..cause it like RNG and stuff

Well... I'm not talking all about destroyer here. The main victims of these kind of rush kill are battleships and carriers. And about unable to dodge torps even with a destroyer. I'm just gonna ask you this simple question, You were scouting for your team because your team had no carrier, then a stealthy Japanese destroyer spotted you, the enemy started pouring fire at you. When you were struggling to dodge all of the arty shells, suddenly groups of torpedo bombers arrived and dropped their torps at the range less than a kilometer and right after you performed a hard turn to avoid incoming shells and bombs. with your speed reduced to less than 27 knots and totally didn't expect that those torp bombers would target you because you had seen them coming at a friendly battleship, still thinking that they had already emptied their payload. What kind of God are you that can dodge that?

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,251 battles

with a BB i found that the best thing to do when your attacked is to choose where your hit, when I'm in my Kongou and i spot the planes off at 5kms they take priority over shells so ill let the enemy BB's or CL take shots at me knowing that they are less likely to do ridiculous damage, i perform a hard turn towards the planes if possible and lower my speed to 3/4 speed (allowing me to speed up or slow down if necessary)

when the torpedoes are dropped i attempt to avoid them but if i can't i alter speed and course so that the torpedoes that do hit will hit my Torpedo bulge which will reduce the likeliness of a flood,

haven't played much CV but i found that if you press z while focused on your ships course and maneuvering in the standard view helps, also i keep the CV turning at all times and i do that by making a tight zig zag formation in auto pilot, it makes the ship spiral in one direction,

it looks ridiculous but I've seen Torpedo squads change target after seeing my Hosho doing some wicked donuts. 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

And battleships take too much damage caused fire. You are on a battleship, you get set on fire when having 15k of HP left and have already used your damage control party... You are likely to die as a result from the fire. But if you are on a destroyer... Having lower than 8k HP then you still have a chance to stay alive. Damage control party on destroyers cool down much faster and it seems like destroyers take less damage from fire than bigger ship. Is it right? I don't know but i feel so.:hiding:

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

Yep, your relying on the RNG when the bombers approach..  Making radical manoeuvres can help but mostly it seems random.. you get hit or you don't , flip a coin.. and yes you will always be on fire if you get hit.. usually you can't wildly turn because your watching the torp bombers approaching..  so you take the hit.. and wait for the manual torp drop to put 5 to ten torps 50 feet from you and hope you have enough angle and turn rate to avoid most of them..  

125 posts
913 battles

lol ive been set on fire with 15k hp on a BB ( and already using my repair skill) and it resulted me down to a few thousand. i agree though, fires on a BB seems to last the longest which kinda sucks

it makes all those fire prevention mods and skills seem redundant

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I agree that they are anooying .. but for dive bomber ... that is most they can do ... deal little damage and expecting the ship will on fire ... they may easier to cause fire when it hit but sometime the bomb are all miss cas most ppls still can't use manual drop on dive bomb and decide just make auto drop ...

but I find that close range Torp bomber are more anoying ... for IJN .. even manual drop are so easy if you target slow BB since you can target very close to the ship and it use only one second for torp to arm in the water

only hard thing is to approching from right angel .... if you go in from the side some BB player know how to turn the ship in to the plane but thats its since BB got slow rudder shift time you can order the plane to go other side even before BB rudder shift from full left to full right .. or even before it back to the center

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
2,080 battles

I think I set ships on fire around 80% of the time when a dive bomber lands a hit. You've got to remember though, for US CVs a dive bomber is usually the only form of ground attack that they have (as they're reduced to running fighter loadouts to be competitive). When you're launching an attack roughly 3-4 minutes, do you really think that the 2k damage and high chance of fire is really that bad? As far as hitting destroyers, good luck! They're really hard to hit.

195 posts
356 battles

You think fires are bad? At least it's only 100-200 per tick, not 400-600 when flooding... :( It's sad for ne to lose my BB with 12k health reduced to 0 in around 1/2 a minute.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

You think fires are bad? At least it's only 100-200 per tick, not 400-600 when flooding... :( It's sad for ne to lose my BB with 12k health reduced to 0 in around 1/2 a minute.

I think you got your numbers wrong. Fire does much more damage per tick than flooding.

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
2,080 battles

I think you got your numbers wrong. Fire does much more damage per tick than flooding.

Pretty sure it's the other way around. Flooding does a lot more damage.

Sign in to follow this