Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
khangkhung

NVIDIA driver 353.64 Bad update. Game and system crashes

4 comments in this topic

8 posts

I'm on windows 10 and by default drivers are downloaded and installed in the background. The recent driver update from Nvidia (353.64) is just bad. Driver keeps on crashing on my system and it does temporarily freeze. It does this every minute (not kidding).

I managed to find a temporary fix by enabling vertical syn to "on" and power management mode to "maximum performance". But whenever I open WoW and play it, the driver crashes and so does the game. Anybody has this problem? Any solutions, too?

Thread moved to appropriate section.  Please pay more attention to where you are posting.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

Edit: Checking my own driver, the version is 355.60. Have you even updated it at all?

Edited by Haku

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

It would help if you stated which graphics card you have. I am running a GTX 670M on my gaming laptop, and have no problems with newest Win 10 capable Nvidia drivers (355.60).

8 posts

Sorry for placing this post on the wrong forum group.

I'm running Core-i7 2670QM with GTX 570M (Old, I know) on a  64-bit Windows 10. I previously had a 353.62 driver and I thought that was causing the problem so I installed the 355.60 driver (which is newer, sorry for the confusion). I thought it solved the problem but it didn't. This problem started yesterday (which coincidentally the system made some updates).

So know, I'm starting to think it's not the driver at all but maybe the system updates windows made. The GPU temps shot up at idle (from 49C to avg 55C) now. I guess I'll have to tune down using MSI afterburner.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Sign in to follow this