Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvyL

dear derp players that carrier...

28 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,679 posts

6ie4cg.jpg

just grabbed this pic from someone who upped it in the facebook page I frequent but after seeing a couple of carriers go derp at tiers 4-7, I think it fits.

as a person who is still hesitant on getting on the helm and flight control of CV's in OBT/CS, I must ask the derp players:

... is the flippin fighter wing nonexistent to you that you don't even put flippin combat patrols in the proximity of your ship or even screen your strike aircraft? some of you whine that you expended your strike aircraft relatively early and blame us for not killing enemies outright, disregarding the damned fact that the moron just sent the strike planes into the gauntlet of AA suites.

I know one is willing to eliminate their other counterparts ASAP but isn't it kinda the SOP to secure your airspace or if you're that much of a team player, screen those ships that have subpar AA suites THEN launch strike aircraft with the fighters covering it? its kinda demoralizing to see that among the first three ships to go down was either one or all of your CV's because strike aircraft got in or a DD ninja'd its way because in the words of a whiner I encountered one time while he was in the Ryujo, "we the surface ships did not guard his ass" or in the more humiliating way, entire air wings of strike planes are decimated. I've seen CV's become literally untouchable from the air because of fighter patrols near it but is it really that enticing to have mostly strike planes in your hangar and few interceptors/fighters?

rant is over.

that is all.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Because aircraft loadouts right now are still messed up hard, specifically mid tier ones.

IJN CV up to tier6 can't field more than 1 squad of Fighter, thus they have to go all Bomber because 1 Fighter squad (messed up DPS balance) can't really do much.

Now if it's 0.4.1 Ryujo with 3/1/1, it would be different story...

Sadly she doesn't get 2/1/2 though, and Zuiho still has to stick with her 1/2/1 (no 2/1/1 either).

Similar story for Ranger too, no 2/1/1 or 1/1/2.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Super Tester
1,679 posts

Because aircraft loadouts right now are still messed up hard, specifically mid tier ones.

IJN CV up to tier6 can't field more than 1 squad of Fighter, thus they have to go all Bomber because 1 Fighter squad (messed up DPS balance) can't really do much.

Now if it's 0.4.1 Ryujo with 3/1/1, it would be different story...

Sadly she doesn't get 2/1/2 though, and Zuiho still has to stick with her 1/2/1 (no 2/1/1 either).

Similar story for Ranger too, no 2/1/1 or 1/1/2.

I think even the constraints of a flippin light carrier one can manage tho. I've been freakin seeing a crapton of bombers and torpedo squadrons more than fighters and they get chewed up not by us on the surface with our AA suites but of enemy fighters. the derp players don't even MOVE hem to  AA happy cruisers and just... send them through the gauntlet.

I have my respects on the flat top but when people derp with it, losing a carrier on your side is just too disheartening, especially on domination mode.

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

But...but..muh XP and muniez!!! :ohmy::trollface:       2/2/2 loadout for lyf. 

Even worse, by chance you both agree to take out the same enemy carrier however your team mates decides to holds off their strike aircraft just to "kill secure" but ends up loosing it all and the enemy CV is sailing away to its AA bubble with under 1/3 of its HP and then said teammate complains that I should've bought a full bomber loadout  (._.)

Edited by Chawp

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

6ie4cg.jpg

just grabbed this pic from someone who upped it in the facebook page I frequent but after seeing a couple of carriers go derp at tiers 4-7, I think it fits.

as a person who is still hesitant on getting on the helm and flight control of CV's in OBT/CS, I must ask the derp players:

... is the flippin fighter wing nonexistent to you that you don't even put flippin combat patrols in the proximity of your ship or even screen your strike aircraft? some of you whine that you expended your strike aircraft relatively early and blame us for not killing enemies outright, disregarding the damned fact that the moron just sent the strike planes into the gauntlet of AA suites.

I know one is willing to eliminate their other counterparts ASAP but isn't it kinda the SOP to secure your airspace or if you're that much of a team player, screen those ships that have subpar AA suites THEN launch strike aircraft with the fighters covering it? its kinda demoralizing to see that among the first three ships to go down was either one or all of your CV's because strike aircraft got in or a DD ninja'd its way because in the words of a whiner I encountered one time while he was in the Ryujo, "we the surface ships did not guard his ass" or in the more humiliating way, entire air wings of strike planes are decimated. I've seen CV's become literally untouchable from the air because of fighter patrols near it but is it really that enticing to have mostly strike planes in your hangar and few interceptors/fighters?

rant is over.

that is all.

Don't try this at home!!!:playing:

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

Wow EvyL... U caught me there. Ues I do light up mosquito coil and sniff it when I get into CV thus all the derpness from me. Just went into my first battle in Hiryuu, stock 3 skill captain (RJ's captain was in battle) and Hiryuu is just terrifying with her 1-2-2 CAG

When 0.4.1 comes, IJN CV get less torp planes?

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Ahh god. I'm soon going to go up the USN Carrier line, starting fron the Langley. Welp.

Balanced loadout for the win. Air superiority gives you no exp but it can be fun to play with. Don't use strike until tier 9 though as IJN CVs will have at least 1 fighter squadron in their loadout from now on( tier 5-7) tier 8+ and the IJN CV will likely have a higher damage out put (maybe) from tier 8-10 but will dominate the sky because WG gave them 1 more fighter squadron ( 2 in strike and normal loadout) So in the next update things are simple. Tier 4-7 IJN CVs are better then US carriers. Tier 8-10 and IJN carriers may have a lower damage output but will dominate the sky.... Not sure how WG will balance that. All of these changes will be applied in the next update 
Edited by silenthunter19944

Super Tester
1,679 posts

Wow EvyL... U caught me there. Ues I do light up mosquito coil and sniff it when I get into CV thus all the derpness from me. Just went into my first battle in Hiryuu, stock 3 skill captain (RJ's captain was in battle) and Hiryuu is just terrifying with her 1-2-2 CAG

at least you don't derp hard, Makise. some CV teammates I get shack up with however...

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

Now that I am already playing Hiryuu... I don't know if I'm bad or teams are bad... It's just so hard to get kills now and JP planes just get shredded by AA, USN  fighters and Shokaku fighters.

People who rage that IJN CVs are OP at high tiers really need to have their mind rebalanced or checked

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

10 straight losses in Hiryuu since yesterday has got me thinking....... It's either I'm really bad, teams are bad or Hiryuu is just way too fragile

Teams either turn or die upon contact with enemy and I see that enemy CAs protect their fleet while my fleet is a mob

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

10 straight losses in Hiryuu since yesterday has got me thinking....... It's either I'm really bad, teams are bad or Hiryuu is just way too fragile

Teams either turn or die upon contact with enemy and I see that enemy CAs protect their fleet wOhile my fleet is a mob

At least you win once against me :D

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,929 battles

Not considered since didn't land torps. 

It's actually harder to use IJN CV at higher tiers than lower tiers. 

Never played IJN CV's yet, but from my experience in USN CV's you can't beat a 6 torp spread lel :trollface:

Super Tester
1,679 posts

to be fair though, I usually see Hiryus rail in torp damage while protecting their own asses and this is coming from someone who saw a dogfight between the planes from Hiryu and Lexington.

I don't know if Shokaku is the more solid tier 8 CV over Lady Lex.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

Been getting dung teams in Hiryuu while enemy always gets teams where their CVs and CAs are not muppets.

No matter how much I plan, move and attack, I always run into CAs and enemy CAP.

I'm not sure if I'm worse than a muppet or teams are just pure horse dung

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Next patch IJN CV had some of their Bombers swapped out for Fighters, so no more all-out attack. Users of 0/3/3 loadouts have to adapt.

However, those who are more accustomed to 2/2/2 loadout will find it at home, because next patch the Fighters are going to be rebalanced by tier which would make the game more equal against some USN CV (specifically against Lexi's Corsair). You can opt to get 3/1/2 loadout if you want to be more defensive.

USN CV players would still cry that IJN CV are OP, what I see is that IJN CV have more options going for them, while USN CV will have only 1 choice. Lexi with her 2/1/1 still do the job, Essex and Midway with their 1/2/2 can still wreck ships (not planes), Ranger with any loadout still suck, Hakuryu and Taiho will still be versatile (and OP) perhaps more than before.

In short, what changed mostly was IJN CV tier5 to 8 that they can't rolfstomp lower tier BB anymore with Bomber swarm.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

Going out in Hiryuu... Getting MM against Shokaku and US CV while I'm the only CV in the team or the the higher of the 2 CV, seeing my team just dissolve into the sea doing nothing much is just plain dissappointing.

32 games in Hiryuu since yesterday, only 10 wins. Either teams are bad or I'm the one not using 2-2-2 correctly

Super Tester
1,679 posts

Going out in Hiryuu... Getting MM against Shokaku and US CV while I'm the only CV in the team or the the higher of the 2 CV, seeing my team just dissolve into the sea doing nothing much is just plain dissappointing.

32 games in Hiryuu since yesterday, only 10 wins. Either teams are bad or I'm the one not using 2-2-2 correctly

I'm actually genuinely interested tho since I'm seeing derp players be derp in CV's and only a few players I have seen are reasonable in one.

what do you send into the air first? strike aircraft or interceptors? IMHO 2-2-2 should be balanced at is it should be although you can't flex your force projection unlike strike configured CV's.

Alpha Tester
129 posts
3,331 battles

It's easy, drop CV's and make it a game about gun boats.

Let's face it, CV's are OP, brokenly OP.

And guess what?; they were in real life too. Aircraft carriers single handedly ended the era of capital gun armed ships.

Why even bother having BB's in a game were you have CV's.

WG see fit not to include Submarines; perhaps they should have thought a little more about implementing CV's as well.

505 posts
4,213 battles

Never played IJN CV's yet, but from my experience in USN CV's you can't beat a 6 torp spread lel :trollface:

especially the USN's torp are very tight.... yeah dodging in between is a HELL if you know what i mean ;)

but hey the IJN could do cross torp which you can't dodge XD

Edited by ShiraYukira

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,145 battles

I'm actually genuinely interested tho since I'm seeing derp players be derp in CV's and only a few players I have seen are reasonable in one.

what do you send into the air first? strike aircraft or interceptors? IMHO 2-2-2 should be balanced at is it should be although you can't flex your force projection unlike strike configured CV's.

Send my fighters first....

Regardless what, RNG seems to hate my planes A LOT. Unless it's a lower tier fighter, my fighters almost don't come back everytime

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It's easy, drop CV's and make it a game about gun boats.

Let's face it, CV's are OP, brokenly OP.

And guess what?; they were in real life too. Aircraft carriers single handedly ended the era of capital gun armed ships.

Why even bother having BB's in a game were you have CV's.

WG see fit not to include Submarines; perhaps they should have thought a little more about implementing CV's as well.

They are OP if you don't know how to counter it, and ofcourse that's the case for this server because people are being people. :hiding:

Super Tester
1,679 posts

They are OP if you don't know how to counter it, and ofcourse that's the case for this server because people are being people. :hiding:

its relatively easy to put flak in the air but I really REALLY am annoyed with people in CV's whining about how their air wings are decimated as well as dying because they did not have fighters to cover their sorry butts. I have respect to the flat top but morons who are all about striking the enemy makes me wonder.

Retia has some of the finer points in the debate for the flat tops though.

Sign in to follow this