Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gorbon_Rubsay

My own private puppy dog.

21 comments in this topic

213 posts
4,335 battles

So I was play in my Minekaze yesterday  and our carrier dies earlier in the game.

I'm in an open section of the map with two juicy enemy bbs waiting for my torpedoes....

and then this puppy shows up. 

The puppy is not cute and has wings ~ the poor thing has no one to bite since all the puppies on our side are dead... so it just follows me around.... and around.... and around... and around... and around...

where ever I go. 

I'm thinking... this puppy must really love me. Then I look over to the minimap and see that the two other destroyers on our team have their own private puppies following them around too! 

And, at the same time there is a massive pack of attack dogs going for our BB's too.

Very coordinated puppy master I'm thinking.

So my puppy is doing all this yapping which is attracting all sorts of unwanted attention from Clevelands and big ass bb guns and what not (I'm a shy guy in my Minikaze) so I decide to have shoot my puppy, loyalty be damned.

On go the rarely used AA guns and...... my puppy gets a nice fireworks display! Forgot... those AA guns don't do anything , turn them back off.  

Right plan B... find someone to help shoot my puppy.

I trundle aaaaallllllllllll the way across the Pacific to find a friendly America cruiser to shot my puppy. 

But my puppy is a clever puppy and hangs back just out of my American friends reach. 

Right, plan C... drive around in circles in the middle of nowhere until the puppy gets hungry and goes away by itself.  Around and around and around and around...... and finally!! The puppy leaves!!

Back to attack mode! I'm gonna follow that sucker right back to where he came from and kill the bitch (purely in the female dog sense of the word) who sent him.

But wait....no.....ANOTHER PUPPY.......right back nipping on my ankles.

After 10 mins of driving aimlessly around a blue digital ocean one starts to think... 

Right. If I launch my torpedoes at this angle, then activate speed boost and swing around hard port....

Can I TK myself?

THE PUPPIES NEED TO BE BLIND.

I VOTE FOR BLIND PUPPIES.

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

At no point in your incoherent babbling and gibberrish, did you make one statement that made sense.

Everyone that will read that post will now be dumber because of it.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

At no point in your incoherent babbling and gibberrish, did you make one statement that made sense.

Sense of humor failure.

31 posts
328 battles

A fighter launched from a CV being used to scout

Well I gotta learn this language quickly. :teethhappy:

Edited by oceanfall

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Whoosh.

He's talking about carrier fighters.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

Whoosh.

He's talking about carrier fighters.

I figured that out now. I don't play carriers, so I guess that's why I didn't understand it.

He is still awarded no points though!

213 posts
4,335 battles

I figured that out now. I don't play carriers, so I guess that's why I didn't understand it.

He is still awarded no points though!

I don't play carriers either. 

What I meant was: Fighter followed me around like a puppy  rendering me useless for a whole game.

I'm ranting against carriers and saying that airplanes should have a huge vision nerf. Aircraft vision breaks the vital stealth mechanic in the game (especially in higher tiers). In fact I think that carrier could be given dedicated spotter aircraft (easy to shoot down) while fighter & attack aircraft are almost completely blind.  Or we could get cloud cover.

Now that I've explained it do I get a puppy treat?

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Except that aircraft vision was already nerfed pretty badly.

Do you want to shoot down the fighter? Get a fighter squadron, or use your own AA, or use someone else's AA to cover you.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Do you want to shoot down the fighter? Get a fighter squadron, or use your own AA, or use someone else's AA to cover you.

Where's a DD get a fighter when its team has lost its only CV, as he mentioned?

What's the DD do if the CV simply keeps the fighter away from any friendly AA danger?

Sure, the CV 'played well' as it had nothing to do with its fighters.

But both your suggestions were addressed specifically in the OP.

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

It's not just you and the fighter squadron, is it? That fighter squadron shadowing you is one fighter squadron not doing something else.

What else do you want? If it's endgame, then...meh.

Edited by Haku

213 posts
4,335 battles

It's not just you and the fighter squadron, is it? That fighter squadron shadowing you is one fighter squadron not doing something else.

What else do you want? If it's endgame, then...meh.

It was in the endgame.... if you consider the game ended when the enemy carrier sank our carrier at the 2 min mark.

And yes I successfully tied up an enemy fighter for an entire game.

I think we need a Medal for that.

We call it the "Puppy Magnet" ~ awarded for having a puppy cream on your leg for at least 5 minutes.

And we should get awarded "Puppy Proof" battle flag which gives any ship the AA boost consumable for the entire game.

But that's not really the point.... the point is that driving around in circles for 15 mins in a destroyer is just really boring....

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

213 posts
4,335 battles

And no, I don't want to nerf aircraft vision... I want to poke their eyes out with hot irons and watch them flutter around helplessly in the air and crash into islands or run out of fuel and fall into the sea.

Sign in to follow this